Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eura

• 79 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2022 - 22:47

I am using Vhannibal with auto updates for 19,2e 13e 4,9e 0,8w. Made a script for keep my favorites and sort it in my order after updates. working great, but like to add 28,2e to the list than I can use Vhannibals files for motor but like to erase the other satellites that I don't use. And not via a Dreambox edit or some other program just by a bash script. Where can I find the required documentation so I can write that script whiteout revers engineering :-) Thanks in advance

Re: Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc #2 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 26 January 2022 - 10:14

Hi.

I'm afraid you won't find the documentation anywhere.

If you would like an explanation for the Service-Reference-Code used in the userbouquet files, try studying this simple explanation of mine:
https://www.opena.tv...html#post376271

The main file for arranging all userbouquet files is the file bouquets.tv and bouquets.radio .

Likewise, the blacklist and whitelist files are very easy to understand.

As for lamedb (v4) and lamedb5 (v5), their format / syntax is simple.

You can also googling ... for example:
https://www.google.c...q=lamedb syntax
https://www.satsupre...ormat-explained

If you are a little familiar with DVB technology, it will not be a problem for you to find out the syntax of lamedb or maledb5. I understood it right away and at the same time I am not even a professional in DVB technologies :).

Lamedb v4 is divided into two parts ... at the top is a table of available transponders and their parameters. At the bottom are the individual channels and their parameters.

Lamedb v5 is a slightly clearer format. For example, lamedb5 generated on OpenATV also contains a simple syntax explanation at the beginning of the file:

# Transponders: t:dvb_namespace:transport_stream_id:original_network_id,FEPARMS
#     DVBS  FEPARMS:   s:frequency:symbol_rate:polarisation:fec:orbital_position:inversion:flags
#     DVBS2 FEPARMS:   s:frequency:symbol_rate:polarisation:fec:orbital_position:inversion:flags:system:modulation:rolloff:pilot[,MIS/PLS:is_id:pls_code:pls_mode][,T2MI:t2mi_plp_id:t2mi_pid]
#     DVBT  FEPARMS:   t:frequency:bandwidth:code_rate_HP:code_rate_LP:modulation:transmission_mode:guard_interval:hierarchy:inversion:flags:system:plp_id
#     DVBC  FEPARMS:   c:frequency:symbol_rate:inversion:modulation:fec_inner:flags:system
#     ATSC  FEPARMS:   a:frequency:inversion:modulation:flags:system
# Services    : s:service_id:dvb_namespace:transport_stream_id:original_network_id:service_type:service_number:source_id,"service_name"[,p:provider_name][,c:cached_pid]*[,C:cached_capid]*[,f:flags]

Probably the same comment exists in the lamedb5 file at OpenPLi. However, I don't know how much I don't have OpenPLi installed in my set-top box at the moment :-/.

Lamedb and lamedb5 are still closely linked to the database of available satellites and their transponders in the universe that Enigma2 works with. These are the files:
/etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml
/etc/tuxbox/terrestrial.xml
/etc/tuxbox/cables.xml

Edited by s3n0, 26 January 2022 - 10:16.

Re: Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc #3 eura

• 79 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2022 - 00:47

Thank you very much, now I get a hang of how it works :) , Just one quick question is lamedb the master and then lamedb5 will be created?

Re: Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc #4 el bandido

• 364 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:11

Lamedb5 Is not currently used that I know about. I send lamedb5 back empty (0kb) when manually editing. The receiver will populate lamedb5 automaticaly.

Re: Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc #5 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:02

Exactly, primarily, for compatibility reasons, lamedb ver.4 is still used. That is, at least for most free (open source) Enigma2 distributions. The lamedb ver.5 is usually only generated for the future or for use by third parties (plugins that require only the "lamedb5" file only).

Re: Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc #6 eura

• 79 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2022 - 21:21

Now I have a working solution  :) for adding 28,2e to Vannibals setting but I need to

init 4
init 3
reboot

To let the new lamedb to reread, Can't I just run the right bin instead????

Re: Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,078 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 7 February 2022 - 17:19

Try:

wget -qO - "http://127.0.0.1/web/servicelistreload?mode=2" 

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 7 February 2022 - 17:20.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,278 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 7 February 2022 - 18:54

+1 much better then init 4 etc…

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Documentation of lamedb/5, blacklist, etc #9 eura

• 79 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2022 - 16:53

Thank you will try this :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users