• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Pike_Bishop

• 1,120 posts

+72
Good

Posted 29 January 2022 - 00:33

Hi,

i have written a script (in english language) with that you can install e2iplayer from git, it is for use with hotkey designated, and you can use this script also for updating e2iplayer.

it is only working from openpli-8.0 upwards, because it needs the program p7zip, and this isn't available before openpli-8.0 (it works also in openatv and openatv-7.x (python 3)).

so that e2iplayer and the script works it needs first the plugins (they are on feed);

enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer-deps

enigma2-plugin-extensions-ppanel

and the package (also on feed from openpli-8.0 upwards);

p7zip

if necessary the script installed this plugin{s}/package automatically, so it is nothing to do for users.

ok, so that the script works the following is to do (configuration);

1.) put the extracted script with name "e2iplayer_install_update_en.hidden.sh" on your box to the directory /usr/script (if this directory didn't exists create it first).

2.) make it executable with the following telnet/ssh command;

chmod 755 /usr/script/e2iplayer_install_update_en.hidden.sh

3.) put it on a button to your choice for hotkey, -> that's it.

please do not rename this script, because it needs .hidden in the name so that it works correct with hotkey in background.

now you can start the script with hotkey.

What did this script doing ?

it installed e2iplayer from git, out of the box it is configured for the e2iplayer from @zadmario, if users want to install instead

the e2iplayer version from @maxbambi they must change the line 13 in the script from that;

#FILE_ADRESS=https://gitlab.com/maxbambi/e2iplayer/-/archive/master/e2iplayer-master.zip

to that;

FILE_ADRESS=https://gitlab.com/maxbambi/e2iplayer/-/archive/master/e2iplayer-master.zip

and line 15 from that;

FILE_ADRESS=https://gitlab.com/zadmario/e2iplayer/-/archive/master/e2iplayer-master.zip

to that;

#FILE_ADRESS=https://gitlab.com/zadmario/e2iplayer/-/archive/master/e2iplayer-master.zip 

but edit the script only wih a unix-compatble editor as example with notepad++

but at the moment the e2iplayer from @zadmario is much better i think, so better you didn't change the lines above.

if you start the script now,(as i already said) it installed the e2iplayer, thereby you can see messages to this job on the osd from your tv

so that you know what is matter, and also it creates a logfile which you can found on your box in /tmp it is named _e2iplayer_install.log.

you can have a look in this logfile if the script didn't makes the job correct, but in this case you become also a message on the osd.

if the install from the e2iplayer is then ready. it needs a enigma2-gui restart, the script does this also automatically, but

if records are running at this time the script displaces the enigma2-gui restart to 10 minutes later, and this repeating until then till nothing record is running.

please note:

if you use (install) the e2iplayer version from @zadmario then after start from e2iplayer it comes a error as you can see in the following picture

(but this error is only a cosmetic problem because this e2iplayer still works good in openpli-8.0. 

Attached File  openssl_error.jpg   59.08KB   41 downloads

This is the first file.

Attached File  e2iplayer_install_script_en_for_hotkey.zip   2.01KB   105 downloads

Here is the latest script

Attached File  e2iplayer_install_script_de_for_hotkey_vers-5.zip   4.24KB   20 downloads

regards

Pike

Edited by 40H3X, 1 October 2023 - 16:45.

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2022 - 07:43

What is or do e2iplayer?

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2022 - 08:21

Player for iptv ?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2022 - 09:18

Yes it provides links to illegal movie sites we suppress it from the feed many months/years ago due to its illegal content.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #5 Pike_Bishop

• 1,120 posts

+72
Good

Posted 29 January 2022 - 19:51

yes it's for iptv, but not only illegal content.

it's similarly as mediaportal earlier.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #6 satforindo

• 61 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 January 2022 - 04:52

Last time I used e2iplayer just to watch YouTube videos.  :)

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #7 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2022 - 12:38

please note:

if you use (install) the e2iplayer version from @zadmario then after start from e2iplayer it comes a error as you can see in the following picture

(but this error is only a cosmetic problem because this e2iplayer still works good in openpli-8.0. 

attachicon.gifopenssl_error.jpg

regards

Pike

on current 8.1 release, to get rid of this error:

opkg install libcrypto-compat

Edited by blzr, 30 January 2022 - 12:38.

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #8 Pike_Bishop

• 1,120 posts

+72
Good

Posted 30 January 2022 - 20:14

good hint , thanks.

works too in openpli-8.0

Edited by Pike_Bishop, 30 January 2022 - 20:21.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #9 Pike_Bishop

• 1,120 posts

+72
Good

Posted 1 February 2022 - 03:51

Hi,

here is a new version with that you didn't need to install libcrypto-compat manually as you can see in post #7 from @blzr to solve the openssl error.

this does the script now automatically if it isn't installed in pli images.

regards

Pike

Attached Files

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #10 pepinoogorino

• 65 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 May 2022 - 03:35

@Pike_Bishop
In the Linux world, zip archives are a bad idea. Especially since there are more accessible formats:
https://gitlab.com/z...r-master.tar.gz

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #11 Pike_Bishop

• 1,120 posts

+72
Good

Posted 1 June 2022 - 23:52

Hi,

i know linux and also i know other archives as tar and so on, but for me it's ok as it is because it works, that's enough.

why should i change this to tar.gz because the script is only downloading the zip, extract it in /tmp and then copy all content to the right directorty

after that the zip will be deleted anyway.

so what is the advantage if i change the download in the script from zip file to tar.gz file ? Can't see it.

regards

Pike

Edited by Pike_Bishop, 1 June 2022 - 23:53.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 June 2022 - 00:05

The only possible issue you could encounter on an embedded system, is that tar is part of the base OS, while zip is a binary that has to be installed.

So tar is always there, zip might not be.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 June 2022 - 17:51

Zip has a more limited way to store Unix-specific attributes than tar. Mostly that doesn't make a difference but sometimes it does.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #14 Pike_Bishop

• 1,120 posts

+72
Good

Posted 3 June 2022 - 22:56

Hi,

@WanWizard,

The only possible issue you could encounter on an embedded system, is that tar is part of the base OS, while zip is a binary that has to be installed.

So tar is always there, zip might not be.

yes that's right, but in this case no problem because the script is only written for OpenPLI and also for OpenATV and it use 7zip to extract the zip archive

and both images have 7zip on feed (thanks for that  :) -> if 7zip isn't already installed it will be installed by the script.

@Erik Slagter,

Zip has a more limited way to store Unix-specific attributes than tar. Mostly that doesn't make a difference but sometimes it does.

yes i know.

regards

Pike

Edited by Pike_Bishop, 3 June 2022 - 22:56.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 3 June 2022 - 23:12

Why install 7zip if you have

bash-5.0# which unzip
/usr/bin/unzip

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #16 Pike_Bishop

• 1,120 posts

+72
Good

Posted 4 June 2022 - 18:49

because 7zip is my favourite unzip program
and in openatv it is out of the box in the image, only in openpli the script must install it, but no problem it's a small program.

regards
Pike

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #17 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 4 June 2022 - 22:29

because 7zip is my favourite unzip program
and in openatv it is out of the box in the image, only in openpli the script must install it, but no problem it's a small program.

But 7zip is not everyone's favourite unzip program, especially if it has to be installed separately just to install your script. For people with boxes with small flash memory it might make the difference between being able to use your script or not. Please consider to use tar.gz, it's already there and easy to use, no steep learning curve.

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #18 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,760 posts

+81
Good

Posted 4 June 2022 - 23:43

What is this?

That's a great script and now there's a discussion about a few kb?
Nobody forces you to use the script.

If you want to have the e2iplayer, you have to install a whole lot of mb additionally, to nag about the few kb of a script provided is not ok.

Greetings to Pike

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #19 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 5 June 2022 - 00:05

Sorry. I like to have the least possible amount of cruft on my box, like many users, so merely making a suggestion. Leaving this topic now.
Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: E2iPlayer Install Script ! #20 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 5 June 2022 - 00:23

For me it wasn't about Kb's, but about dependencies. Unnessecary dependencies should be avoided, especially if they are optional in the image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users