Satellites.xml in share/tuxbox

DM7000

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 milovisk

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 February 2009 - 09:51

Why can't this file be overwritten? It is causing me problems in setting up my DB, the file in share /tuxbox is not uptodate and when I try to manually scan for channels some are missing while others are duplicated. If I load channel settings from a settings file then this somehow screws up my rotor settings (I am using DB7000 to control disecq motor)

It seems that the satellites.xml file that is located in /share/tuxbox will be used this FIRST by the 7000, ie whatever satellite names are in this xml file, the 7000 will display in the menu when you setup the disecq motor, when you install pre-made settings they also have a satellite.xml file, only this is copied to /var/etc, so now the dreambox is using 1 satellite.xml file for the menu and another 1 for the settings.... this makes a mess of things, Is there any way around it?

Re: Satellites.xml in share/tuxbox #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 7 February 2009 - 11:35

Why can't this file be overwritten? It is causing me problems in setting up my DB, the file in share /tuxbox is not uptodate and when I try to manually scan for channels some are missing while others are duplicated. If I load channel settings from a settings file then this somehow screws up my rotor settings (I am using DB7000 to control disecq motor)

it cant be overwritten because its readonly in the CDK boxes like the dm7000

only /var is read/write in the CDK boxes

new channelsettings are written into /var
the satellites.xml is stored into /var/etc/

It seems that the satellites.xml file that is located in /share/tuxbox will be used this FIRST by the 7000, ie whatever satellite names are in this xml file, the 7000 will display in the menu when you setup the disecq motor, when you install pre-made settings they also have a satellite.xml file, only this is copied to /var/etc, so now the dreambox is using 1 satellite.xml file for the menu and another 1 for the settings.... this makes a mess of things, Is there any way around it?

No, Var is read first, is there not such a file in /var then the readonly /share directory is read

after flashing the sat.xml from /share is used to create your satellite positioner setup
after this you can use the up or downloaded channellists of your choice
remember the satellite positions of you basic setup should be the same as in the list of your choice

some channelsetting creators use non official positions for some birds, like Thor on 1W instead of the official 0,8W

these differences can cause the problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users