• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2022 - 14:57

I have stopped the EPG for the few russian channels in th XMLTV files.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Russian EPG #2 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2022 - 14:59

Thanks Doglover! Great reaction!!

#loveukraine

Re: Russian EPG #3 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 February 2022 - 20:08

Russian state media Russia Today (RT) and Sputnik will be banned from the European Union, to prevent them from spreading their "lies" about Moscow's war in Ukraine, the European Commission President announced on Sunday. Ursula von der Leyen. According to her, it is a question of "banning the Kremlin's media machine in the EU".

#loveukraine

Re: Russian EPG #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 5 March 2022 - 13:49

After watching the news today, my enthusiasm to grab Serbian EPG is really cooled down.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Russian EPG #5 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 5 March 2022 - 19:26

After watching the news today, my enthusiasm to grab Serbian EPG is really cooled down.

Yes it's truly sad to watch this... not sure it concern the Serbian government and all Serbian people. Serbia is officially candidate to enter in the European Community, so with obligation to respect human rights and international laws... 

Re: Russian EPG #6 pcextreme

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 March 2022 - 19:36

Obligations ... Promisses ... Meaningless nowdays :(

Re: Russian EPG #7 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 5 March 2022 - 19:44

Obligations ... Promisses ... Meaningless nowdays :(

Let's not give up...

Re: Russian EPG #8 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 16 March 2022 - 19:13

Why not keep EPG for channels that you personally do not like so that everybody else can see for themselves how bad the programs are on these channels ? I always thought that this personal freedom was one of the values in Europe ? Whoever does not like these programs, please do not look !

But suppression of information from and about the enemy is not always helpful. Think about investigators, journalists or anyone else that may have a different opinion than you. To have a different opinion was also always a distinguishing mark in a free democracy. Freedom of the press is now no longer existing in Europe.

Censorship has been decided at the highest level in the European union while that was always the privilege of oppressive regimes and the people of Europe always looked down on those.

Personally I find it frequently useful to listen to others that have a different opinion. For this reason I have a parabola on a rotor. I can decide myself which satellite has programs that are of interest to me even though I may not at all agree with the opinions aired by these programs. A little bit personal freedom has been left for me. Not even the European authorities can take that away from me. They would if they could.

Censorship has started also on the internet. I am sorry to see that happening. I am also sorry to see so much fake news appearing. If I wanted to be a customer, I could buy some fake news for the price of about $6 per item, included pictures, videos, reviews and thousands of likes and followers in social media. If there have to be signed documents, the cost may go up to about $10 per item. But the quality of such news production is already so good that it is impossible to detect as fake just by online research.

Lastly, I believe it would be more productive if we could keep this technical forum free from opinions, politics and religion. There are certainly better places to discuss about those, no doubt, extremely important topics.

Edited by rhinoceros, 16 March 2022 - 19:14.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Russian EPG #9 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 19 March 2022 - 10:22

De Russische EPG is weer terug, gelukkig. Reuze bedankt daarvoor. Er waren een paar kleine kindertjes die zo droevig waren omdat ze hun favorite programmaatjes niet meer konden vinden in hun eigen taal. Zelfde ook voor een paar senioren op zeer gevorderde leeftijd.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Russian EPG #10 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 19 March 2022 - 11:13

Not from me......

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Russian EPG #11 Matrix10

• 338 posts

+27
Good

Posted 19 March 2022 - 23:43

Isn't that one of the most important democratic rights of every individual to watch or listen to what he wants.
Aren't we old enough to decide for ourselves what is good and what is bad for us.
Not to mention that propaganda is present on both sides.
I personally hate censorship of anyone.
It seems to me as if we are underage children whose father and mother determine what to read and watch.

Re: Russian EPG #12 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 19 March 2022 - 23:55

It's a choice, the choice of the essential dev that maintain this epg. I'm fully ok with him, and I'm not alone. Who is currently the enemy of the world ? Did you watch just a little RT Russia in the beginning of the war ? They only spoke about fabulations against Ukraine.

You have the possibility to have epg for missing and banned from rytec sources in another big source (Google search and you will find it). Configure this one but stop to tell us we have to maintain a propagande from a dictator. Btw every russia channels have been banned from all european satellites.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users