Movie player all formats and iso movie image

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Raisin54

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 February 2022 - 15:41

Hello,

I have a VU+ zero with Openpli 7.3 image and I would like to be able to play my movies stored on HDD which are in different formats or even in iso.

Where can I find a good player that does this for me with 5.1 sound? (VLC genre)

Thank you for your advice.

Cordially.

Re: Movie player all formats and iso movie image #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,580 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2022 - 17:19

Depends on your definition of "different formats".

An STB is not a media player, it doesn't have the CPU power to decode in software like a PC can, if the hardware doesn't support the format, it will not play.

iso's need to be mounted, and there is no GUI option available for that (no idea if a plugin exists). The media player does support VIDEO_TS directories automatically (as it it starts the dvd if you select such folder which such files).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Movie player all formats and iso movie image #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:54

And a HiSilicon based STB is a better option if you want to use it as a media player.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Movie player all formats and iso movie image #4 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 3 March 2022 - 12:20

Hi,

with plugin DVD Player and BluRay Player most, even iso, works which is quite good for a STB.

Ralf

Re: Movie player all formats and iso movie image #5 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+81
Good

Posted 3 March 2022 - 16:22

Movie Selections plays all formats, .iso or from VIDEO_TS which can be on DVD Player or DVD content copied to hard disk, you launch it with PVR, FILELIST, VIDEO key on your remote, no need for an external Plugin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users