Photo

OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection.

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #21 LukeSky

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 May 2022 - 22:01

Hi, I got a crash from sbt (uclan twin pro s2x)... I had to install another recovery image. I can't post the record because I can't start it.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 26 May 2022 - 22:38

A crash what where and how?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #23 LukeSky

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 May 2022 - 00:57

Since the latest version 8.1 I have updated the decoder with the multiboot file (v. 8.2). After finishing the configuration, I restarted the device and it stayed with the boot logo and in the deco the digital panel only indicated average bars, no load numbers or any other message... I couldn't access by ftp, putty or otherwise ... it was locked so I had to go back to a previous version using a recovery package...

The update was done from the 'Flash Image' option of the OpenPli image.

For this reason I cannot give more details.

Edited by LukeSky, 27 May 2022 - 00:57.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2022 - 14:11

Do you restore an autobackup? If so, does this happen before or after you are asked if you want to restore it?

Do you have a CIFS mount to another device (PC, box, NAS, etc) with anonymous login?

Connected to the network via wireless or cable?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2022 - 20:26

@Taykun345,

On which box do you have this problem?

VU Duo 4K I see.

Can you install this one on your box, and let me know if this fixes the double-free error?

Attached Files

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #26 Taykun345

• 1,297 posts

+41
Good

Posted 28 May 2022 - 08:31

Sadly I am locked out of installing ipks too. Will have to reflash with backup today.

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 28 May 2022 - 13:32

You can't telnet or ftp in?

Transfer the ipk to /tmp using ftp, then telnet in and run "opkg <filename>" in /tmp.

I really would like to know if my fix really fixed it... ;)

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #28 druna23

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 May 2022 - 19:54

Hi.
I flashed the recovery from OpenPLi 8.2 on AX Box 60HD.
When I tried to enter the recovery mode, I got a hang with a 4K Ultra HD picture.
The display lights up: "rCUY"
How to flash the recovery?

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #29 LukeSky

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 May 2022 - 01:51

Do you restore an autobackup? If so, does this happen before or after you are asked if you want to restore it?

Do you have a CIFS mount to another device (PC, box, NAS, etc) with anonymous login?

Connected to the network via wireless or cable?

1. Yes, I did restore from autobackup. This happen after of the question.

2. No, login is with password. Only conect PC from winSCP using SFTP.

3. Connected via cable.

I have installed of image from zero and all fine.

Edited by LukeSky, 29 May 2022 - 01:51.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #30 Taykun345

• 1,297 posts

+41
Good

Posted 29 May 2022 - 07:47

You can't telnet or ftp in?

Transfer the ipk to /tmp using ftp, then telnet in and run "opkg <filename>" in /tmp.

I really would like to know if my fix really fixed it... ;)

I already reflashed ,today. With autobackup its really convenient anyway.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk
Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #31 larapeperina

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 May 2022 - 22:31

Hi, I have 2 Octagon sf8008 decoders, one decoder has been updated from version 8.1 to version 8.2 correctly, the other decoder does not update, it gets stuck. I deleted everything and started over and it crashes on startup, this is the pic

https://ibb.co/jhcsgqP

Thanks

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #32 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2022 - 00:48

Restoring a backup after flashing? Does it contain a CIFS mount that doesn't use authentication (no username or password)?

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #33 larapeperina

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 08:21

Restoring a backup after flashing? Does it contain a CIFS mount that doesn't use authentication (no username or password)?

i don't have a backup, I'm interested in installing a clean image on a free slot. startup does not work

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #34 gerard0610

• 939 posts

+41
Good

Posted 30 May 2022 - 08:22

For information only:

Upgrade the VU+ Ultimo 4K to OpenPli 8.2. As far as I can see the by me used options are functional well :-)

Then i have made a BackupSuite application (via the menu) on the internal HDD and afterwards I set this BackupSuite backup again on the same VU+ Ultimo 4K. Automatic restart and everything works well again.

In conclusion: BackupSuite is functioning well in OpenPli 8.2 :-)

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #35 shangi

• 27 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 11:31

How long does the online update take?

It's been an hour now and still running....
Maybe the VU+ crashed...and as I didn't make a backup, it seems to me that a telnet reboot can make the update resume if I understand correctly...

Edited by shangi, 30 May 2022 - 11:32.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #36 Florie

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 11:52

Hi, thanks for this new awesome new release including FCC. In fact this works pretty good on FTA channels. But on CI-Channels, where my CI PayTV card can just decode one channel in time, it sort of blocks the card when I go from one channel (which is decoded in this moment) to a channel which is already in the FCC pipeline. Is there any chance to refer to the CI assignment option to use FCC only on channels which are not assigned to the CI card? Thanks in advance :)

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #37 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2022 - 12:26

Maybe the VU+ crashed...and as I didn't make a backup, it seems to me that a telnet reboot can make the update resume if I understand correctly...

If you can telnet in, you can look at the output of "ps" to see what it is doing. You should see the opkg commands running and/or the wget commands downloading packages.

An hour is indeed very long, you don't have a slow internet link?

You have to be careful with a reboot, if the box is in the middle of a fireware or OS upgrade, it won't boot anymore if you abort that.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #38 gspock

• 113 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 12:26

I guess it all depends on your hardware. I do not think it is a good idea to reboot while the process is running ... what do you see on the sceen ?

VU+ DUO-4K-SE with 1 DBV-C and 1TB Hitachi HDD, OpenPLi 8.3

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #39 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2022 - 12:27

Hi, thanks for this new awesome new release including FCC. In fact this works pretty good on FTA channels. But on CI-Channels, where my CI PayTV card can just decode one channel in time, it sort of blocks the card when I go from one channel (which is decoded in this moment) to a channel which is already in the FCC pipeline. Is there any chance to refer to the CI assignment option to use FCC only on channels which are not assigned to the CI card? Thanks in advance :)

The downside of FCC, it doesn't work with CI modules, and it doesn' t work with smartcards that have SID limiters.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #40 Florie

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 12:30

The downside of FCC, it doesn't work with CI modules, and it doesn' t work with smartcards that have SID limiters.

But wouldn't it be possible to have a blacklist of channels, where I don't want to have FCC enabled (as I unterstand there is an option to deactivate FCC while recording, so I mean something similar -> no FCC on recordings or on live view of blacklisted channels) ;)

Edited by Florie, 30 May 2022 - 12:30.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users