Photo

Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 eurosat

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 May 2022 - 13:55

Hello friends, I've been using Open PLI 7.3 a lot, and everything works perfectly.
  But when switching to Open PLI 8.2, my Picons no longer appear,

Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2022-05-28 at 09.47.34.jpeg   117.38KB   8 downloads
Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2022-05-28 at 09.47.33.jpeg   137.68KB   8 downloads
  Some channels appear , most do not . ( 20% ok, 80% does not appear )
All Picons have the same Format. Same quality and runs perfect on PLI 7

I have Zgemma 5.2s+ and H9s, used in Brazil. satellites with Brazil channels.
  Is there any secret ? Any tips to get the Picons back?

Thanks for listening

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #2 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 28 May 2022 - 15:15

Imcorrect picon versions? Srp instead of snp version? Incomplete picon list on your PC?

Recently updated 2 STB’s from 8.1 to 8.2 and no picon problem (after copying my backup)

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #3 eurosat

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 May 2022 - 14:09

Imcorrect picon versions? Srp instead of snp version? Incomplete picon list on your PC?

Recently updated 2 STB’s from 8.1 to 8.2 and no picon problem (after copying my backup)

Check my  New image, please 

My picons   is Perfect   in  PLI 7.3  .. in  Zgemma  H5.2s  and H9s 

In  PLI 8.2 .. only 20% ok... 80% no 

My channel list is the same in Pli7.3 and 8.2
  I only use one satellite

Attached Files

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 29 May 2022 - 17:22

No problems here either. What satellite, and what picon source do you use?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #5 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 29 May 2022 - 19:31

Are you using a skin that has its own picon renderer?

Do you have more than one picon folder on your receiver? 

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #6 dm_goudie

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 13:04

Hi,

Just a suggestion for some of you developers of Open Pli 8.2. Would it be possible for one of you geniuses/genii to produce a plugin which would do the 'business' for us poor 'Dummies'. The much needed plugin would take care of the tedious business of everything to do with installing new satellites, deleting obsolete ones and generally streamlining the process of finding, configuring, and setting up the channels from new and existing satellites. In order to speed up this process, I suggest that you stick to English speaking satellites initially.

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2022 - 15:02

And what kind of crystal ball would you like to be added to this plugin?

There is no mechanism to sniff out your exact setup, you'll always have to do that by hand, especially if you have a Unicable setup. Once that is done, a multisat scan does the rest.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #8 eurosat

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 23:40

Thank you all for your help, I thought it best to Edit by "dreamboxEDIT", as I already have the PIcons, I decided to add the channels one by one... with each Plugin,
  I realized that dreamboxEDIT , remade the same Picon with the same name, but it worked and activated in all channels... here's a tip...

Now I needed a practical Picon Editor.. any tips?

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #9 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 31 May 2022 - 00:27

Do you mean:

• A image editor to change the picon images, or
  • An editor to change the enigma2 picon list

?

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 31 May 2022 - 00:29

I wondered the same. I have a distinct feeling this is an attempt to work around a problem that isn't researched, despite several people trying to help.

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #11 eurosat

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 May 2022 - 10:12

Problem with Picons not showing up, it has been SOLVED..
I used Dreambox Edit to direct each PICON to its proper place. Thanks to everyone who helped...
--------------
  I was in need of a PICONS EDITOR, to update some PICONS and make some NEW ones.. (Photoshop is a solution, I wanted something lighter and more direct )

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #12 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 31 May 2022 - 10:25

@eurosat :

Hi.

However, this is not the solution to the problem. Sorry, but we still don't know where your problem came from.

You have received several questions from users above. Please reply to them :).

For example, check if you do not have more directories with .PNG files (picons) in the set-top box - i.e. with picons inside these directories... for example directories:

/usr/share/enigma2/picon

/media/usb/picon

/media/hdd/picon

Also, if you want, you can try the Chocholousek-Picons plugin and update the picons with the help of this plugin (of course, after its correct configuration - selection of satellites for which you want to download the necessary icons):

https://github.com/s...cholousekPicons

Note:

This Chocholousek-Picons plugin should also be included on PLi feed servers ( opkg update; opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons ). However, I don't know if there is current version. I don't master Bit-Bake recipes very much :-D. So... sorry for that. So it is possible that the plugin will not be completely up to date on the feed servers. However, there should also be a newer version.

Edited by s3n0, 31 May 2022 - 10:26.

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #13 eurosat

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 May 2022 - 11:06

@eurosat :

Hi.

However, this is not the solution to the problem. Sorry, but we still don't know where your problem came from.

You have received several questions from users above. Please reply to them :).

==========

Sorry for my lack of Education with the friends of the forum.
  Trying to find the error,
I realized in my next ZGEEMA..

ZGEEMA 5.2s+ is 2 tunner ( 1 DVS2 + 1 DVS2 X )
  ZGEEMA H9s is 1 tuner ( 1 DVS2 X )
  There are 3 different tuner types..
  I believe that the Lamelab file generated in ZGEEMA H9s was different from ZGEEMA 5.2s+, hence the conflict of PICONS..

my folder is at > /usr/share/enigma2/picon

Sorry for the lack of knowledge, I'm not an expert in Enigma2, I'm just a user, I've been using the PLi system since the old Dreambox S500, 5 Years ago I started using only ZGEEMA 5.2s+ (I have 2) and in 2019 I bought the ZGEEMA H9s for be 4K.

Re: Open Pli 8.2 with problems, Picons does not appear #14 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 31 May 2022 - 11:47

Btw, one of the questions was whether you only use SRC or also SNR filenames for picons. This means whether they contain only channel code (something like "1_0 _................png") or channel names (for example "discoverychannel.png").

Could you use, for example, Linux-Shell (terminal connection using PuTTY application, via SSH or Telnet procotols) and search for all available ".png" picons in the PLi 8.3 file-system ? For example, you can use the following command, with redirecting the standard output to a file in the "/tmp" folder. When the command completes the search, you can open the results file and verify what the directories for the picons are used (the same directory or multiple directories):

find / -type f -iname "1_0_*.png" > /tmp/find-result.txt

You could also run OpenPLi 8.3 in debug mode. When OpenPLi starts in debug mode, and if the error was invoked, it will be written to the debug-log file (default folder is "/home/root"). I mean to make a mistake by opening the list of channels where there are missing picons and also the opening of a graphic EPG where these picons are missing. Then close these lists. And then put the created debug-log file into the discussion here. Find the debug-log file and copy it via FTP connection. Debugging mode can also be started via Linux-Shell (PuTTY application with terminal connection):

https://wiki.openpli...he_command_line

...or simple... write the following commands into the terminal:

init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 enigma2 | tee /home/root/enigma2-debug.log

To abort the debug mode (Enigma2 process), press the CTRL + C keyboard shortcut in the terminal. To restart Enigma2, just use init 3 or reboot commands.

Edited by s3n0, 31 May 2022 - 11:57.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users