picons

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2022 - 11:12

Hi,

I'm using OpenPLi 8.2-release (2022-07-24-release-8.2) on a VU+ 4K SE box with CATV (not sat).

I did not find a tutorial to understand how to use picons.

I'm using HRTunerProxy plugin (for Plex) and EPGExport plugins (to generate a link (http://IP:4444/epgexport) for EPG) so I'm able to use various clients (kodi, tivimate, xteve, plex) but I'm not able to set picons.

Thank you,

Re: How to use picons #2 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2022 - 15:01

Picons you install from the feed that's it.Once installed a reboot and you will see them. Please read https://wiki.openpli...gin_Wiki:Picons

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: How to use picons #3 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2022 - 16:32

Picons you install from the feed that's it.Once installed a reboot and you will see them. Please read https://wiki.openpli...gin_Wiki:Picons

Well, thank you but it does not seem to work like this, at least not form me...

First of all, I have very few options in the Menu/.../GUI Settings/User Interface as you coud see below:

My screen:

https://pasteboard.co/AVhWqEeOJ9Pf.jpg

Screen as it should to be (from wiki):

https://pasteboard.co/K5qtLu3PTIKu.jpg

So I'm missing a lot of options to set the visibility.

On the other hand, I'm on cable TV, not on satellite, and all the picons sets I've found to download are for various satellites, so probably I need to set a specific picon for each channel manually.

Also, I've installed snp-full.100x60-86x46.dark.on.blue from plugins/picons without any appearance of any picon.

Pls help,

Thank you,

Re: How to use picons #4 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2022 - 16:38

Please change this https://wiki.openpli...el_or_User_Mode

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: How to use picons #5 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2022 - 19:41

Ok, thanks again, I didn't know about user mode.

Still, everything is set as it should (to display picons), and I've downloaded (as I said) snp-full.100x60-86x46.dark.on.blue from plugins/picons.

I have found with winscp a "picon" folder in the root of the box with a lot of .png files, but still nothing displayed in the lower corner or in webif.

I've tried to copy a .png file in the "picon" folder, renamed with the service ID (as in the picture below, I've made a 1_0_19_4D2_D2_1C_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png file) without success.

https://pasteboard.co/wvl8idDfgmP3.jpg

What else should I know?

Thank you,

Re: How to use picons #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2022 - 19:44

After you install a picon package, it should automatically work in the GUI of the box. It could be that for the web interface, a restart of the GUI is needed.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to use picons #7 catastrofus

• 3,440 posts

+43
Good

Posted 17 September 2022 - 19:55

What happens if you install the srp version of the picons of your choice instead of the snp version?

Ok, thanks again, I didn't know about user mode.

Still, everything is set as it should (to display picons), and I've downloaded (as I said) snp-full.100x60-86x46.dark.on.blue from plugins/picons.

I have found with winscp a "picon" folder in the root of the box with a lot of .png files, but still nothing displayed in the lower corner or in webif.

I've tried to copy a .png file in the "picon" folder, renamed with the service ID (as in the picture below, I've made a 1_0_19_4D2_D2_1C_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png file) without success.

https://pasteboard.co/wvl8idDfgmP3.jpg

What else should I know?

Thank you,

2 x ultimo4k (dvb-c fbc + 1 dvb-s2, 8.3r/nb) + een et10k/osmini (geen tuners en dus fallbackclient, nb) met een Synology ds214+ (2 x 6 TB) op DSM 7.1.1 in ziggo oost (voormalig @Home) + A1/A2/A3/HB (TechniSat)

Re: How to use picons #8 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2022 - 20:26

Thank you guys, I've tried also srp 100x60, it's the same.

I'm still wondering, just because I'm on CATV (not SAT), so I'm not "compliant" with a predefined package, how does my VU+ "knows" what icon to assign to a specific channel?

I'm thinking that my box now has a lot of icons to "choose" from, but the box does not "know" what icon to assign to any of my channels...

Thank you,

Re: How to use picons #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2022 - 20:35

The "snp" version maps on channel names, the "srp" version on service references (and are therefore channel specific).

You haven't mentioned where you are and which provider you use, it is quite possible your provider isn't catered for by the picons team.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: How to use picons #10 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2022 - 21:18

The "snp" version maps on channel names, the "srp" version on service references (and are therefore channel specific).

You haven't mentioned where you are and which provider you use, it is quite possible your provider isn't catered for by the picons team.

I'm in Romania, provider Orange, and yes, most probably this is the situation.

But I think there must be a possibility to assign picons manually, am I wrong?

Thank you,

Re: How to use picons #11 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 September 2022 - 21:19

@WanWizard:

I don't know where the abbreviations SRP and SNP come from, but they are unclear. I use these two:

SRC - Service Reference Code
SRN - Service Reference Name

@nick61:

It is not a problem to create picons youyself. For example, with the help of found LOGO channels on the internet + using the same background for picons, you can also create picons yourself. The problem is that from time to time, TV channel changes its logo (new ones appear, old ones disappear, or the owner and thus the channel logo itself).

The default directory path for picons on every Enigma2, is usually this one: "/usr/share/enigma2/picon/"

The standard format of PNG-files for picons is usually 220x132 (8 bit, RGB). For HD SKINs also as 400x240 (8 bit, RGB) resolution.

It is simpler to use in your case the names of the ".png" files, according to the channel names (SRN). However, here you have to know the algorithm for the correct naming of files (how to remove spaces, how to change the signs "+" and "-", how to change the size of the letters in the file name, etc.).

If you want, you can also use SRC (Service Referenc Code). You have to find the SRCs and then modify the names of the ".png" files according to them. It is simple. You only need to change the character ":" from the code (Service Reference Code) to the character "_" in the file name, because the colon is unacceptable character in the names of files and folders. You can find the SRCs, for example, in Enigma2 OpenWebif (as a URL link, if you move your mouse over the link to the channel) or in the files "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.*.tv"

Alternatively, you can contact someone who creates such picones. But you will pikon the author in question, you will have to supply praivdele also with reliable sources of stations. You must always tune in to a new / current list and post regularly. For example, Chocholousek is one of the creators of similar picons, mainly for satellites and some DVB-T2: https://picon.cz/forum/

Edited by s3n0, 17 September 2022 - 21:22.

Re: How to use picons #12 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 17 September 2022 - 21:33

I'm in Romania, provider Orange, and yes, most probably this is the situation.

But I think there must be a possibility to assign picons manually, am I wrong?

Thank you,

Most of the picons on PLI/OpenATV/OpenVix plugin servers are built from this repository:

https://github.com/picons/picons

That repository has logos. For the logos to be made into picons, there needs to be a linkage.

For SNP, those linkages are in the snp.index

For SRP, those linkages are in srp.index

In essence:

Logo on repository + link = picon

If the logos for your provider are on the repository, just request adding the links. Read here:

https://github.com/p...ONTRIBUTING.md 

If you start your receiver in console/debug mode, you will be able to see which picon directory is being used and what it is trying to use and where it fails. I would expect for you to have at least a few picons showing if you installed the SNPicon and enabled the show picons in service list option.

Can you attach your lamedb file located in /etc/enigma2? You will need to zip it before you attach it.

SRP= Service Reference Picon

SNP =Service Name Picon

The Service name was defined in the picon file when we introduced it in 2014

https://github.com/O...er/Picon.py#L55

https://github.com/O...f179b93fad86e38

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 17 September 2022 - 21:53.

Re: How to use picons #13 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2022 - 21:50

Here is the lame file (I don't see any option to add files here):

https://wetransfer.c...17204529/0013a4

If you want, you can also use SRC (Service Referenc Code). You have to find the SRCs and then modify the names of the ".png" files according to them. It is simple. You only need to change the character ":" from the code (Service Reference Code) to the character "_" in the file name, because the colon is unacceptable character in the names of files and folders. You can find the SRCs, for example, in Enigma2 OpenWebif (as a URL link, if you move your mouse over the link to the channel) or in the files "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.*.tv"

This is exactly what I've tried to do (3 messages above :) but obviously I did something wrong.

I have logos in the proper format for my channels but I did not succeed to link them with channels until now.

If you start your receiver in console/debug mode, you will be able to see which picon directory is being used and what it is trying to use and where it fails. I would expect for you to have at least a few picons showing if you installed the SNPicon and enabled the show picons in service list option.

I don't know how exactly to do it.

Thank you guys,

Re: How to use picons #14 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2022 - 22:11

Ok, I did succeed to use debug mode, here is what I've found in log file:

[SecConfigure] sec config completed
[Picon] adding path: /usr/share/enigma2/picon/
[Picon] adding path: /picon/
[Picon] adding path: /media/hdd/picon/
[MovieCut] fallback to default Enigma2 Translation for Execute cuts...
Current Picon Path : /media/hdd/picon/
[OpenWebif] -D- tuner '0' 'Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3158)' 'Tuner A'

If it is of any help...

Thank you,

Re: How to use picons #15 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 17 September 2022 - 22:19

In my opinion, best to use just one directory. Uninstall all the ones you have from the plugin menu. Delete all those picon folders, then install one SNP pack from the plugin server.

Keep it simple to begin with.

Re: How to use picons #16 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2022 - 22:50

Ok, I have only one "picon" now, in the root.

I've uninstalled the previous plugins/picons, and I've downloaded a srp-full 220x132 light on transparent, but still nothing...

What do I need to check with lamedb file?

Re: How to use picons #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2022 - 23:57

@WanWizard:

I don't know where the abbreviations SRP and SNP come from, but they are unclear. I use these two:

SRC - Service Reference Code
SRN - Service Reference Name

They come from the picons.eu team, that made the original set.

SNP => SRN

SRP => SRC

Re: How to use picons #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2022 - 23:58

The default directory path for picons on every Enigma2, is usually this one: "/usr/share/enigma2/picon/"

Not on an OpenPLi image !

Re: How to use picons #19 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,598 posts

+458
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2022 - 00:05

Not on an OpenPLi image !

On an OpenPLi image the default path is /picon/

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: How to use picons #20 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 18 September 2022 - 01:17

The code in PLI/Vix checks for a few locations. "picon" folder on internal flash or root of storage device will always get found. Several skins designed for ATV usually have their own renderers instead of using the file in image.

Back to nick61's issue., I used his lamedb file and the SNP version of picons, and most picons are showing.

Attached File  nick61.jpg   83.54KB   3 downloads

Please try the SNP version, not SRP. Then list the missing picons and check if the logos are on the repository and we can add the links.

The python script to list missing picons that I have been using needs to be adapted to python 3.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: picons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users