DM7020

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gogumaleficu

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:27

Hello!
I have a Dreambox 7020 with PLI image and I am using the TV out option to send the signal to other TVs in the house via coax cable. I set up the channel and I have picture but it is very low quality (lot of noise). I have tried with cable amplifier, but still the same. When I send the normal cable signal skipping the dreambox, the pictures are clear.
In the UHF Modulator Setup of my dreambox when I choose the option Test Pattern I got the message " If you read this your rfmod will not work".
My question is what should I do do activate/improove the picture quality on the TV output of my dreambox?
Thank you very much for any answer in advance!

gogu

Re: UHF modulator for 7020 #2 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:16

Text " If you read this your rfmod will not work" is actual, if you see it on TV connected via UHF modualator only.

1) Did you try connect TV directly with coax ? Dreambox <-> TV only (without any anten-signal)? Better ?

2) Did you try fine tunning on UHF modulator ?
Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: UHF modulator for 7020 #3 gogumaleficu

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:25

Hello!
I tried to connect directly to the tv, Dreambox<-Coaxcable->Tv and the picture quality is poor, that is how I decided to try with a calble amplifier. I didn't tried the fine tunning on the Dreambox but I have tried on the TV sets themself, which is, the same thing but at the other end, I think.

I will try with fine tunning on the dreambox.
Thanks for the answer!
Gogu

Re: UHF modulator for 7020 #4 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:14

Hello!
I tried to connect directly to the tv, Dreambox<-Coaxcable->Tv and the picture quality is poor, that is how I decided to try with a calble amplifier. I didn't tried the fine tunning on the Dreambox but I have tried on the TV sets themself, which is, the same thing but at the other end, I think.

I will try with fine tunning on the dreambox.
Thanks for the answer!
Gogu

directly = no others TV , no antena connected, etc ... ok ?
Really directly only TV - Box ? Bottom connector on Box ?

I am using two 7020 and both RF works well . Of course, there is little moire, but not pooor quality.
Good cable with good made connectors ? It can be bad contact in connectors...

Re: UHF modulator for 7020 #5 gogumaleficu

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:50

Hello!

It seems that I found the problem. I was seting the UHF modulator either on channel 69 either on 21 to be sure that I do not interfere with the channels of the cable provider. For some reason on these 2 channels the amplifier of the dreambox is not working quite well. I moved to channel 25 (where I found a free spot from the cable provider) and suddenly the image became very decent. So this works very well for me now. I think that also going as "in the middle of the band" as possible the strength of the signal will be better if I think about the amplification curve of any analog signal amplifier (higher in the middle of the band , lower at the ends). Or maybe not. Any ways I will guide myself on this matter by the principle:"If something works, don't touch it!". And now it works.

Thank you very much for all the answers!

Gogu

Re: UHF modulator for 7020 #6 nfnovice

• 696 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 March 2009 - 23:52

Thanks for reporting back your solution and thinking on this
- many others forget to keep us informed when they solve an issue
- it is good manners and leaves a trail for the next person with same problem
well done
DM800+DM7025+DM7020+DM7000+DM600+DM5620+DM500+VUDUO Dreambox great invention - whats it for ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users