• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2022 - 13:22

Hello,

After switching to PY3 I installed both Nightly and 8.2 on 2 slots in my HD51. On 8.2 I got all plugins back, but on the nightly enigma2-plugin-extensions-remotestreamconvert and enigma2-plugin-extensions-tuneinradio seems to be missing.

Also script wget http://tunisia-dream...al/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh does get executed on nightly but the plugin doesn't show after running it (it does show on 8.2 after running it)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2022 - 14:51

Most if the plugins in the 3rd-party feed have been removed, as must are not compatible with Python3. And I can only assume that is the same with (that version of) TSMedia.

If you're missing something, find the compatible source repository online (perferably) or a tested and working ipk, which we can add to the feed again.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #3 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2022 - 15:15

Thank you for your answer:

For TuneIn and TSmedia a asked mfaraj57 (the creator) if he could have a look.

Remotestreamconvert can be found on https://github.com/O...nvert/plugin.py so would it be possible to have this plugin available again through some kind of py2-py3 translator or something? I find this a very usefull plugin for my enigma2 box in the bedroom (it works better than partnerbox for me)

Edited by Dream1975, 22 September 2022 - 15:17.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2022 - 15:35

That looks like an old copy of our own RemoteChannelStreamConverter: https://github.com/E...lugin/plugin.py

I wasn't aware it was still being used, most people use the fallback tuner configuration, or partnerbox.

What exactly is your use case?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #5 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,434 posts

+61
Good

Posted 22 September 2022 - 15:56

Thank you for your answer:

For TuneIn and TSmedia a asked mfaraj57 (the creator) if he could have a look.

Remotestreamconvert can be found on https://github.com/O...nvert/plugin.py so would it be possible to have this plugin available again through some kind of py2-py3 translator or something? I find this a very usefull plugin for my enigma2 box in the bedroom (it works better than partnerbox for me)

mfaraj57 passed away

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2022 - 16:46

Chances are his plugins are no longer maintained then, giving the fact he never published his code?

That looks like an old copy of our own RemoteChannelStreamConverter: https://github.com/E...lugin/plugin.py

Added it back to the feed for the next build.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #7 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2022 - 17:39

Sorry to hear he passed away, life is too short...

"That looks like an old copy of our own RemoteChannelStreamConverter: https://github.com/E...lugin/plugin.py"

Maybe it is, it is the plugin as mentioned in the screenshot but it isn't present in the nighly (also with autorestore it isn't) while it is on 8.3

"What exactly is your use case?"

In the livingroom I have a HD2400 and in my bedroom a HD51. On the 2400 I have a bouquet with Ziggo and sat channels combined (my favorites bouquet). With the plugin I can import bouquets from the 2400 to the 51 (so it has a copy of the bouquet) and the 51 then streams the same bouquet from the 2400 (see second screenprint). Everything works (DVB-S/C, EPG, hbbtv etc.) so this is a simple solution for streaming on another box through IP using the 4 tuners of the main. And if I change the boiuquet on the 2400 and use the plugin again the 51 again also has all changes

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   31.88KB   3 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   22.42KB   3 downloads

Edited by Dream1975, 22 September 2022 - 17:41.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #8 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2022 - 18:02

I see no difference with our fallback remote receiver, which is native in OpenPLi https://wiki.openpli...remote_receiver

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2022 - 18:17

Maybe it is, it is the plugin as mentioned in the screenshot but it isn't present in the nighly (also with autorestore it isn't) while it is on 8.3

8.x = python 2

9.x en de huidige nightly build = python3

Dat iets werkt of beschikbaar is voor release images zegt niets over of er een python3 variant voor bestaat.

Dit specifieke geval was apart: het was een standaard e2openplugin die gebouwd had kunnen worden, maar hij zit als binaire ipk on de release feed.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2022 - 18:21

I see no difference with our fallback remote receiver, which is native in OpenPLi https://wiki.openpli...remote_receiver

Partnerbox and RemoteChannelStreamConverter have three adavantages over the fallback:

• you can generate bouquets (with fallback you have to maintain your channel list manually)
  • you can use bouquets with stream links to more dan one receiver (fallback is limited to one
  • you can use stream links even if the local receiver has a tuner than can receive the channel

For the average user with a living room / bedroom kind of setup, the fallback option is usually sufficient.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #11 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:55

Wanwizard, thank you for placing it in the feed again. I only think it has a python 3 inconsistency

Attached Files

Edited by Dream1975, 25 September 2022 - 06:55.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 25 September 2022 - 13:13

Sounds like it was removed for a reason. It doesn't look like it.

Fixed pushed.

Re: Plugin sources differences between 8.2 and Nightly #13 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2022 - 22:13

Works perfectly now, thx Wanwizard

Edited by Dream1975, 26 September 2022 - 22:13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users