• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 September 2022 - 13:45

Hi
When I turn on the tv and the receiver the tv turns off while the receiver is booting,
And again turn on the TV with the remote,
The second time I turn it on, it doesn't turn off as long as I'm watching TV.
And after turning off both the receiver and the TV, when I turn on both, then the TV turns off, and then I turn it on from the remote, please help.

Re: tv off problem #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 24 September 2022 - 14:46

Check your HDMI CEC settings in the AV menu.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: tv off problem #3 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2022 - 05:35

Check your HDMI CEC settings in the AV menu.

Changed HDMI CEC setting now no receiver option showing

Re: tv off problem #4 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 25 September 2022 - 10:39

@piplan1966 you need to describe in more detail what you did or what doesn't work. I don't understand you again. Sorry. I don't know exactly what you mean by this sentence:

Changed HDMI CEC setting now no receiver option showing

Uhm... there are several settings in the HDMI-CEC configuration. I don't know exactly which setting you mean.

During boot, the Enigma2 will turn on / off the TV, according to the last saved power-state of this TV. So, if there is a power outage in the house / apartment, and after that is set-top box restarted, the TV will remain in standby (turned off). However, if you restart the set-top box with the help of Enigma2/GUI (with the help of RCU, sitting in front of your TV), so then, after booting Enigma2, the TV will of course be turned on.

Or what exactly doesn't work ? Please describe the problem in more detail.

Edited by s3n0, 25 September 2022 - 10:39.

Re: tv off problem #5 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2022 - 13:39

The box menu was not showing.
Then I pressed the STB button and the show was on.
And the problem with the TV off is still there.

Re: tv off problem #6 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 25 September 2022 - 15:29

I'm sorry, but I don't understand you at all. Please use https://translate.google.com/ and write more details. Because I still don't know where the problem is or what exactly doesn't work in your case.

Re: tv off problem #7 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2022 - 16:50

I'm sorry, but I don't understand you at all. Please use https://translate.google.com/ and write more details. Because I still don't know where the problem is or what exactly doesn't work in your case.

When I turn on the box and the TV, the TV turns off while the box is booting.
Then I press the power button on the TV remote and it turns on and stays on.
Also went into HDMI CEC set up and changed the settings but still have to turn on the TV a second time,

Re: tv off problem #8 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 25 September 2022 - 16:57

So the whole problem is actually only that the TV turns off during Enigma2 booting (cold start of the device, after connecting to electricity) ?

Re: tv off problem #9 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2022 - 17:18

So the whole problem is actually only that the TV turns off during Enigma2 booting (cold start of the device, after connecting to electricity) ?

yes

Re: tv off problem #10 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 25 September 2022 - 18:48

Do you have, for example, a StartupToStandby plugin installed ? https://forums.openp...by/#entry927047

Or don't you have a wrongly set option that should be in OpenPLi ? You can find it here: https://forums.openp...by/#entry927131

Does turning on + turning off the TV work at least, together with the set-top box ? I mean of course the standby mode, when using the "standby/power" button on the RCU of your set-top box. When HDMI-CEC feature in Enigma2 is enabled, your connected TV should go from / to standby at the same time, together with the set-top box (via HDMI).

Of course... HDMI-CEC is not fully compatible with older TVs. Often the problem arises that the TV refuses to turn off via HDMI CEC and can only turn on (or sometimes the other way around). The problem was the CEC protocols, which unfortunately some TV manufacturers defined according to themselves. In that case, turning on or off the TV via HDMI-CEC commands (via an HDMI cable) did not work well: https://hd-report.co...v-manufacturer/

I remind you that the cable should be at least HDMI 1.3 (1.2a, but there are few) or newer - for the correct functioning of CEC commands.

Also, it should not be a cheap and Chinese HDMI cable, because even if this cable is, for example, HDMI 1.4, the CEC pinouts on the connectors may not be connected :). This means that although the Chinese HDMI 1.4 cable supports new formats and resolutions, it may not have the connector pins for CEC connected at all :). Unfortunately, it happens often.

Personally, I also had a problem with the HDMI cable and with switching the TV to standby/wake up, together with the set-top box, using HDMI-CEC commands. I had to replace and test up to 3 pieces of different HDMI 1.3 cables. After all, only ONE of them worked!!! And only one-way.

I personally own an old LG TV, which unfortunately uses its own algorithm for HDMI CEC - called the SIMPLINK protocol. Finally, I solved turning on and off my LG TV via serial RS232 interface: https://forums.openp...i-cec-simplink- replaced-by-rs232/ But this is a suitable solution, only for experienced IT technicians or electricians... and at the same time, your TV must also contain an RS232 (serial) interface on the back of the cover, and your set-bop box must also contain it.

I'm not even sure of the version anymore.

Re: tv off problem #11 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:31

I don't have the Startuptostandby plugin installed

Re: tv off problem #12 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:46

Where can I download this plugin can you help me,

Re: tv off problem #13 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 26 September 2022 - 10:42

I do not know. Try Google... for example here is something: https://www.linuxsat...artuptostandby/

You did not write anything about the other questions. Then I personally really can't help you.

Re: tv off problem #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 26 September 2022 - 10:59

There is no need for such a plugin, startup to standby is a function built-in.

Attached Files

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: tv off problem #15 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2022 - 12:21

I do not know. Try Google... for example here is something: https://www.linuxsat...artuptostandby/

You did not write anything about the other questions. Then I personally really can't help you.

I don't understand the rest of your questions, trying to understand

Re: tv off problem #16 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2022 - 12:59

You are right, startup to standby is on in main menu setup custmise

Re: tv off problem #17 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 26 September 2022 - 17:37

@piplan1966

I wrote about the version and the suitable HDMI cable used in your set-top box.

Furthermore, I wrote you a link in the previous post, which talks about the possibility to switch the TV on/off mode after booting OpenPLi.

You did not respond to any of these questions.

Re: tv off problem #18 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2022 - 18:25

@piplan1966

I wrote about the version and the suitable HDMI cable used in your set-top box.

Furthermore, I wrote you a link in the previous post, which talks about the possibility to switch the TV on/off mode after booting OpenPLi.

You did not respond to any of these questions.

openpli 8.2 release,
Above the HDMI cable is written High Speed ​​Edge HDMI Cable,
I don't understand where the link is

Re: tv off problem #19 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 27 September 2022 - 06:12

Normaly an hdmi works over 5 volts but has 3 volts drop in the spec, so it should work if it gets a 4.7 volt signal.

this user has not cleared whether he has tested any other stb there or not . if any other stb is behaving the same way . then it must be the fault at tv/lcd side . Simply it has sparking some where as soon as get signal it drops the volts and result is tv /lcd on standby . We can say it also the protection circuit works that time .

2nd time again turn on the TV with the remote,the tv /lcb works  by force . 

2nd side of the coin 

The receiver it self has an issue .when it send signals it delivers the abnormal volts . it would be due to

Bad connections of wiring . 

Bad power supply. 

Cheap HDMI cable 

HDMI socket has  carbon spots 

Motherboard have any issue ( normally hdmi signal sparks during boot and send bad response )  

Ac current leakage. 

I dont see any Openpli image issue over it . 

If the user doesnt find the fault in normal test than it must needs deep tests . 

It can be any local interface to . 

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users