• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 27 September 2022 - 07:04

Hello,

I was playing with some settings and found out that is some cases the stream info was shown in the info bar. For example "One World Radio - Tomorrowland" in Hanssettings "Stream België nationaal (BE)" shows (and renews) the current played song when disabling enigma2 playback system (see first 2 screenprints) while it shows nothing when this is enabled (last 2 screenprints). So I was wondering why does the enigma playback system suppress this info?

Attached Files

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: Playing now stream info using enigma 2 playback system #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,514 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 27 September 2022 - 12:37

You have installed ServiceApp. The use of the graphical switch there is odd and confusing.

In the first setup screen, the playback system is set to "original", which is ServiceMP3, the default mpeg player that directly interacts wth the SoC.

As the stream you refer to happens to be an mpeg stream, the player can feed it directly into the SoC, and appearently the stream contains EIT records that are processed by the SoC and shown as now/next.

In the second screen, you have selected an external player, gstplayer. It just extracts the audio and video from the stream (if present) and passes that on to the SoC. You lose all meta data in this case, as the player (and the SoC's media sink) doesn't support it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Playing now stream info using enigma 2 playback system #3 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2022 - 06:19

I'm a bit confused...

If I do use the enigma2 playback system in the second option I can then select the use of gstplayer or exteplayer (both of which are external players I can imagine) and it extracts audio/video from the stream and passes is through to the soc

If I don't use the enigma2 playback system the stream is directly being fed into the soc to handle completely (and it can process things like metadata as shown in the infobar)

In my opinion the second option is the better one than (let the hardware handle the complete stream and don't process it with software before).

If my way of thinking is correct it is then preferable to don't use the enigma2 playback system then, am I right (which is a bit counter intuitive as you would think that using an enigma2 playback system in enigma2 would be the better match).

Re: Playing now stream info using enigma 2 playback system #4 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:22

Yes you are right. And as @WanWizard says, it is utterly confusing. "Use the enigma2 playback system" seems to mean: let the ServiceApp "use" the enigma2 playback system, i.o.w. interfere with, hook into, the enigma2 playback system. It is useful for streams that the soc can't handle by itself.

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: Playing now stream info using enigma 2 playback system #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,514 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:30

It might already be addressed, in the current develop image I don't see a graphical switch anymore, but a toggle between "original" or "serviceapp".

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Playing now stream info using enigma 2 playback system #6 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2022 - 12:02

It might already be addressed, in the current develop image I don't see a graphical switch anymore, but a toggle between "original" or "serviceapp".

Ok, I think develop is different than nightly then (because my screenshots are all from nightly. But it is clear to me now, thank you.

Re: Playing now stream info using enigma 2 playback system #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,514 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2022 - 14:00

There should not be much difference, my image could be a day newer, since I build myself and don't have to wait for a buildserver run.

But whether or not you have those red/green switches depends on your config. I presonally hate them, and have them switched of, as I find "yes/no" easier to read, and sometimes they obscure the real values, like in this example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users