Photo

Zgemma 2022

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DAFFY2022

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2022 - 00:24

Hi Guys. Im thinking of getting a Zgemma H7C and was wondering if its a good receiver for 2022. i would like this box as it has 2 DVB/T2 tuners and a Gigabit LAN port. is this box good enough to run the current builds of OpenPLi and skins and other things what im not currently aware of. Thanks in advance guys..!!

Re: Zgemma 2022 #2 dolphs

• 980 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2022 - 03:29

Not sure about your current e2 stb?

but consider also androidtv hw, eg: TiVo 4k or a Xiaomi, , etc. etc. device

keep your e2 stb as a streaming device to your (android) client(s),

not sure about your definition of "good" but must admit there are a few quirks, eg ticker.

therefore check your tv settings as well androidtv settings carefully

Edited by dolphs, 29 September 2022 - 03:29.

Re: Zgemma 2022 #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 30 September 2022 - 10:48

Gigabit LAN is a commercial argument a STB is not a PC so you probably won't get the full Gigabit LAN speed on a STB.

H7C is now a few years old may be better to get a more recent Zgemma to get a more up-to-date kernel moreover this model is still using a Broadcam (BCM) SoC, today I think it is better to look for a STB equipped with a HiSilicon Soc (name starting with HI) 

If you plan to use it as a mediaplayer HiSilicon reads many more video format than BCM.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users