PiP DM7020HD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JWestman

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 October 2022 - 15:35

Hi,

I got an DM7020HD (bought second hand) and is having problems with Picture In Picture, I have checked the compatibility matrix and it say that with OpenPli 4 it should be able to show limited PiP (a few frames per second) in HD resolution, I only get an black screen as soon as I try to show content larger than 720 x 576 in the PiP window. 720 x 576 works perfectly.

I have also downloaded the toolchain for OpenPli 4 and managed to build an image, but it does not look to be the same as what is on the box, if I put enigma from the toolchain on the box I get an older gui.

Anyway what is the limitation, and what files should I look at, I am having a hard time finding what source files are involved playing the PiP apart from the obvious python files imported into PictureInPicture.py.

If I run enigma from a command prompt I don't see any error, just not getting VIDEO_GET_EVENT as I see when 720 x 576 content start to play.

If the limitation is memory I guess there is nothing that can be done.

Thanks

JW

Re: PiP on DM7020HD V1 OpenPli 4 #2 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,995 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2022 - 16:35

I think it's a driver problem.

Check on the original DM image.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: PiP on DM7020HD V1 OpenPli 4 #3 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2022 - 20:32

The original firmware does not offer PIP for that model. Only with 3rd party plugin in SD format only….

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: PiP on DM7020HD V1 OpenPli 4 #4 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:57

Hi,

I think earlier HD-SOCs sucks:-) (sorry for the "joke"). I remember that this was also a problem of one of my former boxes too. The SOC was able to do PiP with SD but not for HD and it was a patched software solution with only around 4 frames per second. Another solution years ago was the plugin PipServiceRelation. This plugin maps HD channels to their SD pendant. So if you select a HD channel for PiP this plugin switches to the SD version instead.

Ralf

Re: PiP on DM7020HD V1 OpenPli 4 #5 JWestman

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:13

Thanks for the replies, I check the driver driver.

JW

Re: PiP on DM7020HD V1 OpenPli 4 #6 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:40

You can use the plugin PipServiceRelation. This scans for the SD alternative and can display this as PIP on your box. But beware: this only functions if a SD version of that HD channel coexists! Prevalently used on German channels because they transmit both.. Offentlich Rechtlige in FTA (SD), Privaten as PayTV (HD+ etc)

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: PiP on DM7020HD V1 OpenPli 4 #7 JWestman

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 October 2022 - 09:20

Thanks for the replies, I will try the PipServiceRelation. Most channels I watch is transmitted in both SD and HD.

JW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PiP, DM7020HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users