• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 January 2023 - 11:25

Hello everyone.

On this image, we can see that the gauges are lost from time to time while the files have been viewed.

It also does this for a file when you stop viewing along the way and resume it later.

But it doesn’t do it every time.
This story is incomprehensible! ;)

Attached File  Sans titre.png   703.44KB   2 downloads

Vu+ Duo 4K SE / OpenATV 7.3 / Double Tuner TNT

Vu+ Duo2 / OpenPLi 9.0 / Double Tuner TNT

Re: Loss of gauges #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,348 posts

+692
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:07

There is a maximum number that can be stored... likely the max (50) is reached....

https://github.com/O...Generics.py#L80

Maybe we can consider to increase this max?

Edited by littlesat, 24 January 2023 - 12:12.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Loss of gauges #3 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:22

Hum, i don't know if this is the reason why, but i am supprised, because as you can see in the picture, after reading a file, sometimes the gauge is full and sometimes not.

And even if I stop looking at a file along the way, sometimes the recovery where I stopped is possible and sometimes not.

It's very strange ;)

Re: Loss of gauges #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,084 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2023 - 17:45

I think it depends on the reader you use to read the file.
Do you have serviceApp installed and did you change player with it?

Edited by Pr2, 24 January 2023 - 17:46.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Loss of gauges #5 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2023 - 19:14

I don't know how to find the answers ;)

I use the blue button to go to the player and it is not the same accessible on the main menu.

when I go to the hotkey menu, the blue button has "show movies".

Re: Loss of gauges #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,084 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:52

There is no player in my blue button menu, so I don't know which player you have installed to have it there.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Loss of gauges #7 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2023 - 12:16

Try with a long press on the red button.

All i can said is that I do not use the player accessible on the main menu page, but i don't have installed another player.

But I did not install any drives other than those provided by OpenPli

Re: Loss of gauges #8 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,084 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 27 January 2023 - 13:03

Long red press is a free button that can be assigned to anything you want. On my side I affect it to launch a custom shell script. :-)

Re: Loss of gauges #9 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2023 - 16:55

In the first message, you can find a photo which show the player i use

Re: Loss of gauges #10 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,666 posts

+460
Excellent

Posted 27 January 2023 - 17:16

I don’s see any player in the first posting, only a filebrowser is visible…

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: Loss of gauges #11 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2023 - 17:17

I thought it was the player’s?

How can i have this information ?

Re: Loss of gauges #12 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2023 - 10:31

is there a file that contains the version of the player used ?

Re: Loss of gauges #13 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 13 February 2023 - 09:01

On Saturday we started watching a movie, then we did something else and watched something else.
On Sunday, we wanted to play the film again, but it started from 0, no repeat points!

Re: Loss of gauges #14 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2023 - 16:06

Hello, hello.

I raise the subject ;)

I do not use the media player accessible in the plugin (the one in yellow in the images)

As you can see in the images, some episodes are marked as seen while others are not.

I watch an episode in this folder then I will watch another episode in another folder and often (not every time, as shown in the images) the notion of seen episode is lost.

Here are also photos of the media player configuration in case it would be useful

Attached File  IMG_20230217_083906.jpg   231.66KB   2 downloads Attached File  IMG_20230217_083918.jpg   149.32KB   1 downloads Attached File  IMG_20230217_083925.jpg   189.25KB   1 downloads Attached File  IMG_20230217_084733.jpg   189.39KB   1 downloads

I hope that a solution can finally be found because it is quite broken ;) ;) ;)

Edited by zebulon7, 17 February 2023 - 16:06.

Re: Loss of gauges #15 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,084 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2023 - 20:29

This is not the default OpenPLi player that you show up.  You install a 3rd party player.

The default player for OpenPLi is the one used to watch the recording. There is no need for a 3rd party player so you should ask your question to this mediaplayer creator.

Re: Loss of gauges #16 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 February 2023 - 20:45

This is not the default OpenPLi player that you show up.  You install a 3rd party player.

The default player for OpenPLi is the one used to watch the recording. There is no need for a 3rd party player so you should ask your question to this mediaplayer creator.

I don't understand. On my photo, the default one is this one on the last photo ? Or on the others ?

I don't remerber to have insatlled another player ;)

How can i update it ?

Re: Loss of gauges #17 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+45
Good

Posted 18 February 2023 - 20:47

It is the media player (normally used for images and audio files), not the movie list (which is more logical to use when playing video.

No idea where the media player stores its progress info.

Re: Loss of gauges #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,084 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2023 - 20:55

OK I find it out.

There is indeed a Media Player in the default Plugin but I never use it (your last picture the one with a dedicated playlist on the right).

To play any Movies you can use the one that you use for the recording (the one that is normally assigned to the PVR key of the RCU), I think that this one will create the gauge, not sure that if you go into Plugin to start the Media Player (the one with the dedicated playlist) that it creates the gauge.

So perhaps that sometimes you use one player and sometimes the other one.

So stick to the one you use to play the recording when watching multimedia files.

Re: Loss of gauges #19 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 19 February 2023 - 17:17

OK I find it out.

There is indeed a Media Player in the default Plugin but I never use it (your last picture the one with a dedicated playlist on the right).

To play any Movies you can use the one that you use for the recording (the one that is normally assigned to the PVR key of the RCU), I think that this one will create the gauge, not sure that if you go into Plugin to start the Media Player (the one with the dedicated playlist) that it creates the gauge.

So perhaps that sometimes you use one player and sometimes the other one.

So stick to the one you use to play the recording when watching multimedia files.

Sorry but i am not sure to understand : i always use the same player, the one i show in the first three pictures.

I have never used the one in the last picture with the dedicated playlist on the right, it's not very usefull ;)

I should point out that when I started using openpli (a few years ago, my first version was the 4), I didn’t have this problem, but I don’t know when it started; maybe with version 7

Re: Loss of gauges #20 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+45
Good

Posted 19 February 2023 - 23:13

Very confusing for us, if you include screenshots of things you don't use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users