20 replies to this topic

#1 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,321 posts

+46
Good

Posted 25 January 2023 - 21:22

Hello,
I know that hbbtv support by manufacturers is very crappy so i want to ask is openhbbtvbrowser available for vu+ 4k Arm boxes? Thanks!

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #2 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,321 posts

+46
Good

Posted 5 February 2023 - 10:52

Any info about that? is Vu+ support qt framework at all?

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #3 foxbob

• 612 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2023 - 17:39

I tried to collect, there are unresolved errors.Here answered me atvcaptain https://github.com/o...core/issues/579

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #4 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,321 posts

+46
Good

Posted 5 February 2023 - 18:12

So since the Original hbbtv browser doesnt work on openpli for vu+ is there alternative that build? For vu+ 4k Arm boxes?

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #5 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,794 posts

+83
Good

Posted 6 February 2023 - 14:01

A lot is certainly possible.
But who should do it?

The time factor and resource consumption is incredibly high.
Then you get 0 feedback.
I don't own such receivers myself and still try to make things work.
But feedback is very low.
There are only a few who are actively working on the system.

As far as OpenhbbtvBrowser is concerned, it supposedly works halfway and not as desired.

The construction of a single image with this activated OpenhbbtvBrowser takes about 1 day on a Ryzon7!
Then wait for feedback and look for errors
Each search for errors and subsequent new construction again a day.

You also write here 'only' Webkit doesn't work.
Where are the detailed logs?
Where's the feedback  need to either fix it or take it off the feed?

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #6 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,321 posts

+46
Good

Posted 6 February 2023 - 17:31

It is spoken a lot about what is not work with webkit on vu+..
But the main things is it say that a plugin is not available when browser opens.
In other cases it just freeze enigma. So impossible to debug... Besides its closed source binary so how to debug that?
In my opinion it should be off the feed. But it is not decided by me.
Otherwise i understand that building takes a lot of time. I did it myself. And yes it took me about 12h on my machine.

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #7 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 8 February 2023 - 22:02

The problem with feedback is that there aren't that many countries that use HbbTV, and not all that do use the standard correctly (for example, in the UK the AIT info does not include the hostname in the URL).

And in general developers are not interested in addressing issues that they are not bothered by themselfs. Unfortunately, that part of the OSS spirit seems to have died off in recent years.

On top of that, you need a vendor and/or renderer specific interface between E2 and the HbbTV renderer ("the browser"). This interface needs to hand-over in- and output control from E2 to the browser, and AIT and control I/O from and to the HbbTV component of the browser. If something goes wrong with the browser that the interface doesn't detect, you're stuck with a running E2 that doesn't have I/O any more, which is your "freeze".

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #8 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,321 posts

+46
Good

Posted 9 February 2023 - 19:32

Well as you said since it is needed the interface provide by the vendor and that is closed source usualy even if someone is interested he cant do nothing because he get a complete Black box and dont know how it works.

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #9 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 9 February 2023 - 20:29

Correct. With the exception of OpenHbbTV, where the component is open source.

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #10 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,321 posts

+46
Good

Posted 10 February 2023 - 08:41

Yes thats why i was thinking making OpenHbbTV working on Vu+ boxes if possible. But seems no one is interested as well.

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #11 foxbob

• 612 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 10 February 2023 - 12:13

I am very interested but the knowledge is not enough.

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #12 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 10 February 2023 - 13:37

It was tested on several boxes in the past (@Rantanplan has been busy with it), but with limited success.

On some boxes it was difficult of very slow to start up (and pressing Red multiple times created a mess), on others arrow keys generated double events, making it impossible to select things.

Edited by neo, 10 February 2023 - 13:38.

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #13 hw9258

• 29 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2023 - 07:47

Thank you rantanplan and others for trying to implement Openhbbtvbrowser.

I am also very interested in Openhbbtvbrowser, mainly for Vu Duo 4K. I guess if it is adapted for this model, it could also work for other Vu 4K boxes.

There are many channels in Germany on satellite Astra 19.2E, an older list https://trifinite.or...annel_list.html

recently UK terrestial Freeview https://rxtvinfo.com...idden-channels/ and other countries https://en.wikipedia...band_TV#Rollout

Are there any guidelines how to enable it for a home build of develop to try to compile it so I could start testing and giving feedback to rantanplan or neo?

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #14 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,794 posts

+83
Good

Posted 7 April 2023 - 00:22

If you know how to build an image, then you only have to add the feature locally to the conf of your Duo4l.
From then on you can build the feed and then your handicraft work begins to adjust the QT accordingly, so that it works.

Either way, a very extensive time-consuming work.

compare here
axas
https://github.com/O...ne/e4hd.conf#L6
Vu+
https://github.com/O...vuxxo4k.inc#L70

From then on it's time to follow the errors and try to solve them.

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 April 2023 - 18:46

There is another challenge with web browsers on Enigma receivers. Web browsers need access to OSD frame buffer and mostly they need some acceleration to do that in a way that's not super slow. Enigma does not use acceleration (well at least not at that level). So the manufacturers do not have an interest in making the acceleration of the hardware (closed...) available to user processes like enigma or a browser. In the last years we see some hesitant steps this way, but we also see they're not adhering to one standard. This is the reason why there can't be simply a browser that runs on all receivers. You can have a browser like openhbbtv or even chrome, but if it doesn't have the specific code/libraries to interface to the (closed source) drivers of the manufacturer (interface is also not documented nor available, of course), you're nowhere.

Fix this problem and we'll happily add a browser to all receivers.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 12 April 2023 - 18:47.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #16 XRayhTec

• 439 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 13 April 2023 - 12:38

You mean qtwebengine, which is used by openhbbtv, does not support hardware video decoding and therefore is not usable?
Speaking for my h9combo interface between openhbbtv and Mali gpu is working correct with eglfs.

607xRAYHTECV13

ET4x00RAYHTEC4.0

XP1000RAYHTEC7B

H9COMBORAYHTEC9b

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #17 marto

• 120 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 13 April 2023 - 13:31

Webkithbbtv is working just fine on ATV 7.2 and OpenBH 5.2, but not on OpenPLi. Years ago was working on OpenPLi too, but not anymore. It would ne nice to have it here again as well...

VU+ Ultimo 4K; Clarke-Tech et9000

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #18 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 13 April 2023 - 13:34

Quite a few have EGL support:

meta-abcom/conf/machine/include/abcom-mv200.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "abcom-mali-${MACHINE}"
meta-abcom/recipes-bsp/mali/abcom-mali-utgard.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl"
meta-axas/conf/machine/include/axas-bcm7252.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "axas-libgles-${MACHINE}"
meta-axas/recipes-bsp/drivers/axas-libgles.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl"
meta-edision/conf/machine/osmega.conf:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "v3d-libgles-${MACHINE}"
meta-edision/conf/machine/osmini4k.conf:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "libv3d-${MACHINE}"
meta-edision/conf/machine/osmio4k.conf:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "libv3d-${MACHINE}"
meta-edision/conf/machine/osmio4kplus.conf:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "libv3d-${MACHINE}"
meta-edision/recipes-graphics/libv3d/libv3d.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-edision/recipes-graphics/libv3d/libv3d.inc:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-edision/recipes-graphics/v3d-libgles/v3d-libgles-osmega_1.0.bb:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-edision/recipes-graphics/v3d-libgles/v3d-libgles-osmega_1.0.bb:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-gfutures/conf/machine/include/hd.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "hd-v3ddriver-${MACHINE}"
meta-gfutures/conf/machine/include/hd-hi3798mv.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "hd-mali-${MACHINE}"
meta-gfutures/recipes-bsp/drivers/hd-v3ddriver.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl"
meta-gfutures/recipes-bsp/mali/hd-mali-utgard.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl"
meta-gi/conf/machine/include/nextv-arm.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "nextv-v3ddriver-${MACHINE}"
meta-gi/recipes-bsp/libgles/nextv-v3ddriver.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl"
meta-gigablue/conf/machine/include/gigablue-gb7252.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "gb-v3ddriver-gb7252"
meta-gigablue/conf/machine/include/gigablue-gbtrio4k.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "gigablue-opengl-${MACHINE}" 
meta-gigablue/recipes-bsp/recipes-graphics/gigablue-opengl.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-gigablue/recipes-bsp/recipes-graphics/gigablue-opengl.inc:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl libEGL.so libGLESv2.so libmali.so"
meta-gigablue/recipes-bsp/recipes-graphics/libgles/gb-v3ddriver.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-gigablue/recipes-bsp/recipes-graphics/libgles/gb-v3ddriver.inc:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl libnexus.so libnxclient.so libnxpl.so libv3ddriver.so libGLESv2.so libEGL.so"
meta-maxytec/conf/machine/include/maxytec-hi3798mv.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "maxytec-mali-${MACHINE}"
meta-maxytec/recipes-bsp/mali/maxytec-mali-utgard.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl"
meta-octagon/conf/machine/include/octagon-hisi.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "octagon-opengl-${SOC_FAMILY}" 
meta-octagon/conf/machine/include/octagon-hisi-3798mv300.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "octagon-opengl-${SOC_FAMILY}" 
meta-octagon/recipes-graphics/octagon-opengl.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-octagon/recipes-graphics/octagon-opengl.inc:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl libEGL.so libGLESv2.so libmali.so"
meta-qviart/conf/machine/include/qviart-hisi.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "qviart-opengl-${SOC_FAMILY}"
meta-qviart/conf/machine/lunix4k.conf:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "v3d-libgles-${CHIP}" 
meta-qviart/recipes-graphics/qviart-opengl.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-qviart/recipes-graphics/qviart-opengl.inc:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl libEGL.so libGLESv2.so libmali.so"
meta-qviart/recipes-graphics/v3d-libgles-qviart.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-qviart/recipes-graphics/v3d-libgles-qviart.inc:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl libnxpl.so libnexus.so libv3ddriver.so libGLESv2.so libEGL.so libnxclient.so"
meta-uclan/conf/machine/include/uclan-hisi-3798mv300.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "uclan-opengl-${MACHINE}" 
meta-uclan/conf/machine/include/uclan-hisi.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "uclan-opengl-${MACHINE}" 
meta-uclan/recipes-graphics/uclan-opengl.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-uclan/recipes-graphics/uclan-opengl.inc:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl libEGL.so libGLESv2.so libmali.so"
meta-vuplus/conf/machine/include/vuxxo2.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "libgles-${MACHINE}"
meta-vuplus/conf/machine/include/vuxxo4k.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "libgles-${MACHINE}"
meta-vuplus/recipes-bsp/drivers/libgles.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl"
meta-xtrend/conf/machine/include/et-mipsel.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "et-v3ddriver-${MACHINE}"
meta-xtrend/recipes-bsp/libgles/et-v3ddriver.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl"
meta-zgemma/conf/machine/include/zgemma-cortex-a15.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "zgemma-v3ddriver-${MACHINE}"
meta-zgemma/conf/machine/include/zgemma-hisil-3798mv200.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "zgemma-mali-3798mv200"
meta-zgemma/conf/machine/include/zgemma-hisil-3798mv310.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "zgemma-mali-3798mv310"
meta-zgemma/conf/machine/include/zgemma-mipsel.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "zgemma-v3ddriver-${MACHINE}"
meta-zgemma/recipes-bsp/drivers/zgemma-v3ddriver.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl virtual/libgbm"
meta-zgemma/recipes-bsp/mali/zgemma-mali-utgard.inc:PROVIDES = "virtual/libgles2 virtual/libgles1 virtual/egl virtual/libgbm"

Only ones missing are the (very) old mipsel boxes, with the exeption of the Xtrends and the VU+ second gen (Duo2 etc).

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #19 marto

• 120 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 13 April 2023 - 14:18

Webkithbbtv is working just fine on ATV 7.2 and OpenBH 5.2, but not on OpenPLi. Years ago was working on OpenPLi too, but not anymore. It would ne nice to have it here again as well...

Actually just checked again with the latest Develop image and looks like HbbTV is "partially" working on some of the channels. Tested few on Astra 19E. The red button is working, and on some HbbTV is starting properly where you can browse and read information, but on some channels is showing "Missing Plug-in". On "arte" for example you can go to ARTE Concert section and browse the videos, but you can't play them... It's showing "Wird geladen..." and that's it. At least the receiver is not hanging anymore, and you can exit from HbbTV. Before the only option was to restart the box from the switch behind.

VU+ Ultimo 4K; Clarke-Tech et9000

Re: Openhbbtvbrowser #20 hw9258

• 29 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 15 April 2023 - 18:12

If you know how to build an image, then you only have to add the feature locally to the conf of your Duo4l.
From then on you can build the feed and then your handicraft work begins to adjust the QT accordingly, so that it works.

Either way, a very extensive time-consuming work.

compare here
axas
https://github.com/O...ne/e4hd.conf#L6
Vu+
https://github.com/O...vuxxo4k.inc#L70

From then on it's time to follow the errors and try to solve them.

Thank you for the detailed instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users