nightly build image

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Re: nightly build image #21 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2023 - 23:45

Unfortunately I have to say that you did not understand anything. Excuse my perhaps, the translation from Italian into English is perhaps not understandable. I talk about situations I've encountered having OBH in flash and trying to go to other images, they then allow it for me and I wrote it's like having a multiboot that allows you to migrate to other images while keeping your preferences. In fact in my case I went from OBH to NB while keeping everything and I mean everything about the preferences in the OBH image towards NB, then from NB always keeping Everything I went to 8.3. I was wondering why they (OBH) propose it and PLi doesn't?

krime mobile

Re: nightly build image #22 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2023 - 23:46

I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE PLi.

krime mobile

Re: nightly build image #23 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2023 - 23:47

In private I can express my definitive thoughts on the test done.

krime mobile

Re: nightly build image #24 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,794 posts

+83
Good

Posted 27 January 2023 - 23:53

no
It is absolutely not recommended to adopt settings from another image.
At best, the settings of the Channels can be exported and imported via Openwebif.
Everything else should be fresh install in each image.

Re: nightly build image #25 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 28 January 2023 - 00:02

If you have a proper multiboot system, you select a storage partition to boot the OS from, through some sort of stub loader, which boots first.

Both Windows and Linux (via Grub) has something like that, and zgemma has created a similarly working multiboot system for their boxes, which has been adapter by some other manufacturers (but not VU+).

It requires a repartitioning of the flash memory of the box, because you need 1 partition for the stub loader, and 1 partition for every boot image, instead of just a single partition for the image.

As flashing an image creates the flash partitioning, the vendor most adapt the BSP (board support package) so it creates these partitions if needed, and also create a multiboot image (which is an image that doesn't do that, and can be written to a single partition.

Since VU+ hasn't made that adaptation, OpenPLi doesn't have it, it is as simple as that.

Re: nightly build image #26 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2023 - 00:18

I tried at my expense, everything is 100% ok
(rispondevo a rantanplan)

krime mobile

Edited by krime, 28 January 2023 - 00:21.

Re: nightly build image #27 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2023 - 00:23

If you have a proper multiboot system, you select a storage partition to boot the OS from, through some sort of stub loader, which boots first.

Both Windows and Linux (via Grub) has something like that, and zgemma has created a similarly working multiboot system for their boxes, which has been adapter by some other manufacturers (but not VU+).

It requires a repartitioning of the flash memory of the box, because you need 1 partition for the stub loader, and 1 partition for every boot image, instead of just a single partition for the image.

As flashing an image creates the flash partitioning, the vendor most adapt the BSP (board support package) so it creates these partitions if needed, and also create a multiboot image (which is an image that doesn't do that, and can be written to a single partition.

Since VU+ hasn't made that adaptation, OpenPLi doesn't have it, it is as simple as that.

Evidently you have not understood what I mean, from Italian into English is a problem.

krime mobile

Re: nightly build image #28 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2023 - 00:25

If you want, I'll close the speech or make it a soliloquy for those who can translate with Google like I do.

krime mobile

Re: nightly build image #29 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 28 January 2023 - 00:26

I was responding to your post #13.

Re: nightly build image #30 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2023 - 00:26

You all misunderstood what I meant.

krime mobile

Re: nightly build image #31 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2023 - 00:31

I was Admin in an English mother tongue forum, but as an Italian and with translations we never understood each other. (nabilosat)

krime mobile

Re: nightly build image #32 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2023 - 00:32

Sorry, over and out.

krime mobile

Re: nightly build image #33 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 28 January 2023 - 01:04

Talking and understanding across language barriers is always cumbersome, even with tools like google translate. I have limited knowledge of the Italian language (I can get by when I'm on holiday in Italy), but when it's something different than Standard Italian (like in Veneto), I don't understand anything. Try to use Standard Italian and no slang, make complete sentences, and google translate will do a decent job.

On topic: I think that some very good answers were given by others, explaining that there is a difference between true multiboot and emulated multiboot, that VU does not support true multiboot (and OpenPLi cannot do anything about that), and if you use emulated multiboot, it will sometimes work and sometimes not, depending on the differences between the loaded images. And that it is unwise to use the same settings across images.

[google translate]

Parlare e capire oltre le barriere linguistiche è sempre complicato, anche con strumenti come Google Translate. Ho una conoscenza limitata della lingua italiana (posso cavarmela quando sono in vacanza in Italia), ma quando è qualcosa di diverso dall'italiano standard (come in Veneto), non capisco niente. Prova a usare l'italiano standard e non lo slang, fai frasi complete e google translate farà un lavoro decente.

In tema: penso che alcune ottime risposte siano state fornite da altri, spiegando che c'è una differenza tra il vero multiboot e il multiboot emulato, che VU non supporta il vero multiboot (e OpenPLi non può farci nulla), e se usi multiboot emulato, a volte funzionerà ea volte no, a seconda delle differenze tra le immagini caricate. E che non è saggio utilizzare le stesse impostazioni tra le immagini.

[/google translate]

(Translation looks reasonably fine to me)

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: nightly build image #34 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2023 - 09:23

is the filled feed for nightly build yesterday a lot of things could not be installed: e2deps,streamlink,streamserv....

After inserting Image, a message for reflash occurs again...

Zgemma H7S

Thanks

Re: nightly build image #35 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,794 posts

+83
Good

Posted 28 January 2023 - 10:31

@sportfootbol

I mentioned it before.
The feed is not complete.
This is develop!
It happens in this branch that after an incomplete rebuild, the feed is broken.

You can see it at the top of the download page.
The build server rebuilds everything and is just taking a while now.
Until then, the feed will remain broken.
We are currently at 20%, that will take time.

So stay cool and wait.
Or switch to 8.3 in between and try again in a few days.
You will see it from the next image.
There will definitely not be a new image today.

Re: nightly build image #36 tigrousad

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 January 2023 - 23:28

Can't find backup-suite plugin in downloads

Re: nightly build image #37 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,223 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2023 - 23:43

Wait until the develop image is complete see on the right top of our homepage for the progress…
Note with develop it can happen that sometimes things are not perfect….’it avoid it you should use 8.3 instead

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: nightly build image #38 tigrousad

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 January 2023 - 20:09

Ok thanks..otherwise, everything works very well and fast, image seems perfect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users