Cifs mount problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JonathanNet

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 March 2023 - 19:19

Hallo I just installed openPli 7.3 on my vuplus zero

But I have problems with mount cifs share from my Windows 11, I can mount it without any problem from SSH, but not working in Network Manager.

Hope anyone here can help me  :)

Here is a screenshot of my settings in the mount

k2SHodZ.jpg

Kind regards

Jonathan

Re: Cifs mount problem #2 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 25 March 2023 - 22:46

If you enter an IP, the hostname is never used, it is either or.

And for Windows 11 as server you probably need a lot more mount options, like for example ntlmssp. I don't do Windows, so I can't test.

Re: Cifs mount problem #3 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 26 March 2023 - 13:31

It is best to remove the mount and let OpenPLi create the mount options as of OpenPLi 7.2 CIFS config has now SMB and security protocol autodetection, so that you no longer have to start looking for whether options have to be given, they are now entered automatically https://wiki.openpli...g#Autodetection

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users