Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 marcus83

• 106 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 June 2023 - 10:21

hi guys!

why sometimes oscam does not start when starting the decoder? you need to restart softcam

and sometimes it stops working…

Oscam status:

Error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2023 - 10:57

Did you get your oscam from our feeds?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #3 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 6 June 2023 - 10:58

Hi.

It happens to me too, but I haven't found out why. Sometimes Oscam just stops working after booting. In my case, however, it is Enigma2 distribution OpenATV 7.3 + Formuler F4-Turbo set-top box.

In old versions of Enigma2 it was OK.

Since I don't often need to reboot the set-top box, it doesn't matter to me. I restart Oscam after booting Enigma2 manually and then Oscam works OK.

From my point of view, the problem can be, for example, in the loading of some libraries, drivers or the computer network itself. Apparently, Oscam has some problem with the mentioned system resources until they are fully started / fully implemented - fully available for the Linux system. But that's just my humble guess!

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #4 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2023 - 13:19

Never had a problem with a non-starting OScam… Not with OpenPli, or any other DreamOS based image..

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #5 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+45
Good

Posted 6 June 2023 - 15:21

Never seen this as well...

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2023 - 15:55

Box connected using wifi, and Oscam using external CS connections that can't be made until the network is up?

Having said that, all my boxes are connected wirelessly too, and I've never experienced this issue.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #7 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 6 June 2023 - 15:58

8.3 is just loading too fast, before any dvb drivers (firmware), maybe we should put some sleep here

instead of

exec start-stop-daemon -S -x /usr/bin/oscam -b

some sleep

sleep 15 && exec start-stop-daemon -S -x /usr/bin/oscam -b

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2023 - 16:59

On which box(es) do you experience this? I'd like to see it before adding all sorts of hacks...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #9 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 6 June 2023 - 18:19

I experienced this on H7 on 8.3 release not on previos develop version, it is booting faster means the script with oscma is booting faster as well, oscam needs some stuff to start which is not loaded yet, jus my opinion

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #10 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 6 June 2023 - 20:24

I experienced this on H7 on 8.3 release not on previos develop version, it is booting faster means the script with oscma is booting faster as well, oscam needs some stuff to start which is not loaded yet, jus my opinion

Yes, but then the question is, what is wrong with Oscam if it starts too early. Oscam is a system process that runs independently of the Enigma2 GUI. Rather, it depends on the DVB drivers in the Linux system. The start delay can be added very easily to the "init.d" or "systemd" script itself.

According to me, after the first start, Oscam does not find the DVB hardware (decoding card) and does not try to search for it again the second time. As long as the connection to the external proxy works OK.

Thus, a delayed start of the Oscam process would help if it is an Enigma2 boot. I solved how to detect the Enigma2 boot state in my shell scripts, for example by testing OpenWebif with the help of the WGET command. If OpenWebif is still not started, it means that Enigma2 is still not booted either. So it is enough to add the OpenWebif test to the startup algorithm in the shell-script for Oscam, and in case of an error, you have to start Oscam with a time loop of 15 seconds :).

There are many ways to delay the start of Oscam, especially when booting Linux. Meanwhile, when calling the softcam script under normal circumstances, i.e. when Linux is running, it will run normally.

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2023 - 21:51

Where did you get the binary from? There are 3rd party binaries that do not cover the clock properly!

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #12 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 7 June 2023 - 11:12

Hi again.

I also thought that it would be appropriate to check whether the "init.d" script for starting the softcam has the last priority / order. The symbolic link for starting can be found in run-level-3, so in the directory: /etc/rc3.d/ and the ideal value is 99 for this softcam, so look for a link like: S99softcam . Also check if there are more symbolic links for the same softcam (when installing and uninstalling incorrectly, which also happens a lot). Delete them if so and install your softcam again. As far as I know, some installers specify the order value 50 and that is also not suitable.

However, this startup priority only applies to the shell scripts themselves, respectively the "init.d" module itself. This does not apply, for example, to booting Linux drivers itself. So renaming the sym-link to the name "S99.........." may not help.

If anyone would like, I made my own shell-script for Softcams:

https://github.com/s... still booting)

...which tests the boot-state with the help of the available OpenWebif. It is only a marginal solution for now. It would be better to test the current run-level with the runlevel command in the startup shell-script. However, in a typical small Linux system, this may not work completely regularly either.

Edited by s3n0, 7 June 2023 - 11:16.

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #13 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 7 June 2023 - 13:52

Hi
I have a Vu Zero receiver,
Figure 8.3 is
I have checked OSCAM 11718 today, working fine,

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #14 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 7 June 2023 - 15:57

Hi
I have a Vu Zero receiver,
Figure 8.3 is
I have checked OSCAM 11718 today, working fine,

Hi. Yes... but it doesn't happen every time the set-top box is restarted. It happens only occasionally - for example only every 3-10 times when the set-top box is rebooted (or even during normal power-on, i.e. cold start).

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 June 2023 - 16:19

Still no answer on whether this happens with the oscam we provide, of if this is happening with some custom installed oscam (and oscam scripts).

I can only repeat I've never seen it, and I flash / update my boxes virtually daily, including a restart.

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #16 marcus83

• 106 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 June 2023 - 08:58

the problem happens with the latest version of oscam 11718...so do you think i should install the version directly from the feed?

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 June 2023 - 10:38

If you wait until after the build this weekend, then 11719 wil be in the feed.

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #18 marcus83

• 106 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 June 2023 - 13:36

If you wait until after the build this weekend, then 11719 wil be in the feed.

yes I know that the latest version of oscam has been released, ok I wait..

can you tell me all the commands and paths to remove oscam manually? because I can not find it in the list of installed plugins. thx!

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #19 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,794 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 8 June 2023 - 13:48

If you installed it from our feeds, it should be in the installed plugins and if you did not install it from our feeds, it maybe the cause of your problems.

To answer you question, if it is not in the installed plugins, than I advise you to install it "from our feeds", with this action (installing) it should overwrite the present oscam file, which should be in

/usr/bin/oscam

If you can work with the CLI you could find were it is located, using

find / -xdev -name oscam

The stop it with

kill oscam

and remove it

rm oscam

and then install it from with the plugins.

Btw if you want to check if it is installed, use

opkg list-installed | grep *oscam*

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Oscam r11718 issue OpenPLi 8.3 #20 marcus83

• 106 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 June 2023 - 13:52

If you installed it from our feeds, it should be in the installed plugins and if you did not install it from our feeds it maybe the cause of our problems.

To answer you question if it is not in the installed plugins, than I advise you to install it "from our feeds, this action it should overwrite the present oscam file, which should be in

/usr/bin/oscam

If you can work with the CLI you could find it, using

find / -xdev -name oscam

no I did not install it from your feed because the latest version was not there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users