Springen naar inhoud

Foto

Enigma 2 freezes "[eFilePushThreadRecorder] thread could not be stopped!" VU+ DUO 4K SE

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 242 reacties in dit onderwerp

Re: Enigma 2 freezes "[eFilePushThreadRecorder] thread could not be stopped!" VU+ DUO 4K SE #241 paneologist

• 129 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 11 september 2023 - 12:21

We've been having these plans for about 10 years.

But no people, no appitite, no commitment for such a large project.

Enigma just got interesting to the general public because of card sharing, but that is not so fruitful these days, and anyway everyone has fat internet connections now. Satellite is in it's sunset phase so not surprising developers have moved on.

that's really unfortunate. If I had any experience in this kind of software (I did mainly industrial / equipment control (semiconductor equipment, SECS) and line control software, worked with gigantic databases...) and was better in python (my skills are more php,pl/sql,dcl,bash,c,c++ and a little lua,cobol,turbo pascal... on a later employment I was forced to use Microsoft (T-SQL, VBA, .net VB) - hated it....) I would be honored to join the team.

I started using OpenPLi in 2011 I think. because I was really unhappy with proprietary boxes and used to Linux for decades now. never used cardsharing, but smartcards/softcam and now CI(+). DVB-C, DVB-S2 and DVB-T(2)... No way I would want to use some proprietary box again.

to the topic. I am back home, box gets stuck very infrequently. I still think slow I/O might have something to do with this issue. The 2nd box, which uses the Vu+ als fallback remote receiver and nfs server (and maybe partnerbox is also set u), is not yet connected again. and when it was connected via a slower VPN, the Vu+ got stuck much more frequent - and also the Xtrend box, which never had the issue when physically connected to the same LAN.

Veranderd door paneologist, 11 september 2023 - 12:22

Re: Enigma 2 freezes "[eFilePushThreadRecorder] thread could not be stopped!" VU+ DUO 4K SE #242 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69092 berichten

+1762
Excellent

Geplaatst op 11 september 2023 - 12:58

You're never to late to start ;)

My latest "professional" C was in the 80's, and never seen any Python until I arrived here, I've been doing PHP the last 23 years. And always managed to avoid any unix commandline.

I still struggle with the Enigma internals and the event-driven code, and the lack of documentation (even in the code there is zero), but you learn by doing :)

And my linux has improved a lot, especially since my hosting company uses it, and I've been using it on the desktop for many years now.

If there's a will, there's a way :)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Enigma 2 freezes "[eFilePushThreadRecorder] thread could not be stopped!" VU+ DUO 4K SE #243 luisteraar

• 2480 berichten

+24
Neutral

Geplaatst op 11 september 2023 - 14:47

to the topic. I am back home, box gets stuck very infrequently. I still think slow I/O might have something to do with this issue. The 2nd box, which uses the Vu+ als fallback remote receiver and nfs server (and maybe partnerbox is also set u), is not yet connected again. and when it was connected via a slower VPN, the Vu+ got stuck much more frequent - and also the Xtrend box, which never had the issue when physically connected to the same LAN.

I notice the same problem with a poor WiFi connection.
i think it has something to do with tcpip soc buffering.

3 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 3 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers