Photo

OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chill-out

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 October 2023 - 15:49

Hello.. I have lil problem with WLAN connection... I have UCLAN USTYM 4K PRO TWIN and normal 4k pro too .. on Twin I installed openpli 7.3 8.3 and 9.0 and everywhere i cant connect to WLAN.

When I press menu -> Network i cant choose between WLAN or LAN.. just have LAN options like test network ,restart network and adpater settinng etc... I installed openatv and it works normal.. i can connect to WLAN.

Even i installed on my ustym 4k pro normal openpli 9.0 and everything works good.. 

For me it looks like 4k pro twin doesnt want to install driver for wlan.. on openatv i had under WLAN written ( RTK88x2cu) so i think this is name of adapter.

how to install drviers for uclan 4k pro twin (in manuals from box i have info there is rtk 8812cu)

or maybe its something else? can you help me? sorry for my english

Re: OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,856 posts

+1,781
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2023 - 15:57

If the interface doesn't show up, you need to install the driver. Unlike ATV which creates huge images that have everything pre-installed, we don't pre-install anything.

Are you sure it was 8812cu, and not 8821cu?

You can install the driver on the commandline using

opkg install kernel-module-8821cu

or via the softwaremanager systemplugin (advanced options, packet management, and select "kernel-module-8821cu".

In both cases, restart the box to have the driver loaded.

But...

The Uclan Ustyn 4K Pro has built-in WLAN as far as I know, and we always include drivers for built-in WLAN. I don't recall ever having a problem with that (and if memory serves me, it uses a 8192eu chipset?).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem #3 chill-out

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 October 2023 - 15:59

If the interface doesn't show up, you need to install the driver. Unlike ATV which creates huge images that have everything pre-installed, we don't pre-install anything.

Are you sure it was 8812cu, and not 8821cu?

You can install the driver on the commandline using

opkg install kernel-module-8821cu

or via the softwaremanager systemplugin (advanced options, packet management, and select "kernel-module-8821cu".

In both cases, restart the box to have the driver loaded.

in book i have even RTL8812cu .. on openatv there was 88x2cu.. i check after work

Re: OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,856 posts

+1,781
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2023 - 16:21

In the mean time I've unpacked my Ustym 4K Pro, and I've flashed 9.0-release without restoring a backup.

After going through the initial setup wizard, if I go to the network menu, the WLAN interface is present as expected, and it is indeed using the 8192eu driver.

I can configure it and it works just fine, out of the box.

Are you sure you have a Ustym 4K Pro, and not a different model?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem #5 chill-out

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 October 2023 - 16:25

In the mean time I've unpacked my Ustym 4K Pro, and I've flashed 9.0-release without restoring a backup.

After going through the initial setup wizard, if I go to the network menu, the WLAN interface is present as expected, and it is indeed using the 8192eu driver.

I can configure it and it works just fine, out of the box.

Are you sure you have a Ustym 4K Pro, and not a different model?

Like I said. On 4k pro works good. Same 8192. But I have this problem on 4k pro twin.. 

Re: OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,856 posts

+1,781
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2023 - 16:28

We don't make images for a 4K Pro Twin, so that might explain something...

Re: OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem #7 chill-out

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 October 2023 - 02:53

We don't make images for a 4K Pro Twin, so that might explain something...

ii dont know as much as you but i doubt those boxes have diffrences beside dvb-t2 /s2 so openpli should work without problem on both...so i dont give up :P

on manual in box of uclan i found that tthey said this is: WIFI dual band 2.4 and 5,0 ghz , 2ext. antenas , RTL8812CU ... so i found kernel on software manager. name : kernel module rtl8xxxu (close name but still not same )

i installed but didnt help.. when i press again menu -> system > network > there is still only LAN.. i should delete rest of module kernels?

or maybe other way i mean i will install all moudule kernels then restar box and somehow wifi will appear on Network settings or it will make trash of box? 

or maybe there is other way to find drviers to rtl8812cu

Re: OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem #8 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,910 posts

+190
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2023 - 10:00

Here checked on Uclan Ustym 4K Pro

root@ustym4kpro:~# ethtool -i wlan0
driver: rtl8192eu
version:
firmware-version:
expansion-rom-version:
bus-info: 1-2:1.0
supports-statistics: no
supports-test: no
supports-eeprom-access: no
supports-register-dump: no
supports-priv-flags: no
root@ustym4kpro:~#

So it has a  rtl8192eu WLAN NIC

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: OpenPLi 9.0 WLAN problem #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,856 posts

+1,781
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2023 - 14:56

The Twin is a DIFFERENT box than the Pro. Full stop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users