Photo

Virtual keyboard on openpli 8.3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sinisav

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 November 2023 - 10:32

I have been using openpli 6.2 with enigma 2 (today stone II) skin for last 6 years. This week I decided to install openpli 8.3. However on stone II (emergency) skin if I go to rename user bouquet for example, I got screen with remove, rename etc options and that screen freeze and have to restart vu + zero box. This dont happened in plugins that uses they default keyboard. I installed NewVirtual Keyboard and that keyboard work, but system keyboard from stone II have far better look. Virtual keyboard works under other skins. Could you please inspect this and make an update with fix. Thank You

Using of another skin is not an option because of old TV.

Re: Virtual keyboard on openpli 8.3 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,669 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2023 - 15:01

Stone II is an emergency skin, only to be used in case the system can't start with the selected skin. It isn't maintained, and/or to be used for any other purpose.

If you need an SD skin, I think Magic is the only one left in the feed. But I don't think it is maintained either.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Virtual keyboard on openpli 8.3 #3 sinisav

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 November 2023 - 15:34

I understand what you said. However I would like to use it and need guide how to fix it, maybe you could point out what to search and where in some log file? When I use magic skin I could not revert to any other, because in that moment STB restarts. And there is neutrino I will check it does have same bug.

Re: Virtual keyboard on openpli 8.3 #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,669 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2023 - 16:03

Chances are none of those old skins have been maintained in years.

Unfortunately I'm not a developer, so I can't help you with this.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Virtual keyboard on openpli 8.3 #5 sinisav

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 November 2023 - 19:53

I have managed to copy VirtualKeyboard.pyo from version 6.2 and few vkeys .png to skin folder and now it show virtual keyboard and function OK, but dont have option to remember last search. If someone have more experience with this please look at it.

Edited by sinisav, 20 November 2023 - 19:54.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users