Photo

How to access Open Webif?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 maelkid2015

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 January 2024 - 15:57

Hello, Everyone Happy New Year firstly:)

I am new at this forum and hope i can find any solution here from you guys.

I have a zegmma H7S and dish satellite with 3-4 multi receivers frequency. 

My problem is that i cant connect or open "Open Webif" with my pc :(

I don't know much about these this and i wanted some help how to connect and how to use it...also to connect it with IPTV.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to access Open Webif? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,753 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2024 - 16:33

If you have configured the network of your box correctly, and have connected it, then the IP address of your box will be visible on the box, in Information, About.

Just type this address in your browser.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,753 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2024 - 16:34

Moved this question to the English language forum.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #4 maelkid2015

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 January 2024 - 22:13

If you have configured the network of your box correctly, and have connected it, then the IP address of your box will be visible on the box, in Information, About.

Just type this address in your browser.

I haven't done nothing . I was part of one year subscription for watching, and everything is controlled from them , but lately they are not serious and i want to control it myself. I googled and it was possible. What if i turn to factory mode the box? Can you provide me other steps or any video please?

Re: How to access Open Webif? #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,753 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2024 - 23:09

Perhaps start with looking at our wiki : https://wiki.openpli.org, which has lots of information and screen shots.

As to the "watching" bit, you had an illegal subscription, nobody here can help you with that, it is against the forum rules.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,142 posts

+261
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2024 - 09:49

Illegal providers tend to lock down the box by disabling access to it (so no telnet, no ssh, no ftp and perhaps no OpenWebif).

If you decide to reflash your box with OpenPLi image, be careful that you will lost your illegal subscription.

If you box support multiboot then flash OpenPLi in another slot so you can start learning how to use it.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: How to access Open Webif? #7 maelkid2015

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2024 - 22:27

Hello

Can't I send any pic so you can provide more information plz?

Re: How to access Open Webif? #8 piplan1966

• 247 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2024 - 04:57

Hi
You can also send the program link,
You click on more reply option then click on choose file then attach file then click on submit

Re: How to access Open Webif? #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,142 posts

+261
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2024 - 18:21

Click on the More Reply Options to be able to attach pictures to your message on this forum.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: How to access Open Webif? #10 maelkid2015

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 January 2024 - 22:25

Hello again,

Hope you can help me with my videos and pics

Regards and thanks

Attached Files

Re: How to access Open Webif? #11 s3n0

• 649 posts

+62
Good

Posted 10 January 2024 - 10:00

Hi.

Does your desktop PC contain Windows or Linux ? You can handle Linux easily. With Windows, it's a bit more complicated, since it's a "picture book" and not an operating system.

I mean testing the connection with the help of the ping command, which is probably the first step. Of course you have to be sure of the correct IP address and you have to have your set-top box and PC in the same LAN sub-network (the home network should be OK though).

Then test the open ports of the set-top box - remotely. You can use a port scanner for Windows, but AV systems may report it as a dangerous tool. Download and use for example PortQRY: https://ss64.com/nt/portqry.html

If it is not a third-party OpenPLi, you should also be able to edit, or disable / enable, the password for OpenWebif as well as the OpenWebif web-server itself, directly in the GUI of your OpenPLi, so try to find it there and enable it if it is disabled. Then also verify the password for OpenWebif.

When you try to connect via a web-browser, what error exactly does the browser write ? Does it write any error at all ?

And which web-browser are you using ? Have you tried more web-browsers to connect to OpenWebif or just one ?

Edited by s3n0, 10 January 2024 - 10:01.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,753 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2024 - 14:41

The screenshots say the IP of the box is 192.168.1.40, and there is an active network connection.

So http://192.168.1.40 in the browser should work, unless this is not a genuine OpenPLi but a modified one, in which case all bets are on.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #13 s3n0

• 649 posts

+62
Good

Posted 10 January 2024 - 15:29

Yes... but that doesn't mean that OpenWebif doesn't work or is uninstalled. We still don't know if it is possible to connect to the set-top box, for example, through a terminal (Telnet / SSH) and find out if OpenWebif is installed. If it is not possible to do connect through the terminal, then it would be good to test all opened ports. Propably... this OpenWebif is on a different port than the standard 80. If OpenWebif is installed, then it should only be enough to modify its settings via the GUI MENU. I don't know what to think about it, I'm just trying to help :).

Re: How to access Open Webif? #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,753 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2024 - 15:37

It is installed (see the screenshot of the plugins), but the code could be modified.

If it is running on https, and/or on a non-standard port, you could see that in the OpenWebif config, by selecting it in the plugin screen and pressing OK.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #15 maelkid2015

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 January 2024 - 18:05

Hi

The guy which i had the deal, could easily enter from my pc at home and also from his home pc with team viewer .

This box is controlled from the guy i had deal, he can make me possible to stop watching satellite channels, iptv and all downloaded movies as well.

Do i have any solution to be independent from him? 

Thank you everyone for your answer, I really appreciate it:) 

Re: How to access Open Webif? #16 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,142 posts

+261
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2024 - 18:10

Illegal providers tend to lock down the box by disabling access to it (so no telnet, no ssh, no ftp and perhaps no OpenWebif).

If you decide to reflash your box with OpenPLi image, be careful that you will lost your illegal subscription.

If you box support multiboot then flash OpenPLi in another slot so you can start learning how to use it.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,753 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2024 - 18:17

Chances are that your illegal subscription will end as soon as "the guy" detects you've been fiddling with it.

If that doesn't bother you:

Get a USB stick or other storage device, and plug it in. Then go to the autobackup menu, select the USB device, and make a manual backup. Zip the backup, and see if someone here is willing to go through it to remove everything non-standard.

When done, do what Pr2 suggests, and flash OpenPLi 9.0 into a free multiboot slot (via de flash image menu option). When done, plug the USB stick with the modified backup in, and boot the newly flashed slot. When prompted for a restore of the backup, select yes.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,142 posts

+261
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2024 - 20:28

I guess he should install backsuite and create a backup of its current image as-is with it, so he will perhaps be able to restore it in a multiboot slot when enabled on its box.

But not sure if BackupSuite allows this but at least he should be able to reinstall its current "protected" image.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,753 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2024 - 21:09

I don't think that is useful or needed. Flashing another slot doesn't affect the current installation, and you can't extract parts of the config from a backupsuite backup, which is what is required here to get a standard setup without losing config.

Re: How to access Open Webif? #20 maelkid2015

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2024 - 14:40

Everyone thanks for replying my questions and helping me:)

I could open as its on pic , any help how can i control myself everything? Adding other canals or removing? 

I have l list of downloaded movies shown at other pic, also there are movies downloaded and translated from Italian to Albanian and from English to Albanian, any way to download or find with eng subtitles or french?

I have no idea how they are controlling this thing or download thousands of movies and putting in a list:( I am saying this cuz they are over 55 and have no background in technology and am sure about this :)

Thanks again for your help:)  

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users