Automatic timeshift

timeshift

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JordiTriangulo

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 January 2024 - 17:03

Until today I have been a user of an old Topfield with double TDT tuner. A marvel. Among its functions was that when watching a channel, by default it started recording that channel. Let's say it automatically activated timeshift mode. That is a great advantage. Many times we are watching a channel and we say “What did he say?” or simply “I want to see it again.” That was possible on my old Topfield. Now I just bought a Vu+ one 4k se and I think it is one of the functions that I miss the most. If I don't remember to change the channel and immediately press pause to activate the timeshift, I can't later rewind to see something past. Honestly, with such powerful computers equipped with a hard drive, I am surprised not to have this function. For those who say that this fills the hard drive with everything you see, it is not true. My old topfield used the hard drive for that function but as soon as you changed the channel it would pull the recording itself so as not to take up the hard drive and start recording the new channel you were watching from scratch. My question is if with the OpenPli firmware or with the firmware plus a plugin it is possible to have this very useful function implemented.

Re: Automatic timeshift #2 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,023 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2024 - 17:35

User interface

"Automatically start timeshift after" + "Show warning when timeshift is stopped"

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Automatic timeshift #3 JordiTriangulo

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2024 - 19:19

I'm not much of an expert. I understand that with the openpli firmware and without any plugin, simply openpli and changing the  configuration in the user interface is enough to have this function ?

Re: Automatic timeshift #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2024 - 19:28

Yes, timeshift functionality is bult-in.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Automatic timeshift #5 JordiTriangulo

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2024 - 20:35

Thank you very much!

Jordi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users