Photo

VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 alibaba12

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 January 2024 - 18:26

hello.

i switched from VTI image to OPENPLI with my vu+ ultimo 4k. 

after many hours  mostly  is now ok in OPENPLI image.

only three problems i could not solve:

1) QUADPIP  (with ultimo 4k) from feed can be installed, but then errors, missing modules etc.... 

no really important, but why.

2) OPENVPN and SURFSHARKVPN 

in VTI no problem, her in PLI after installing not working. i use surfshark vpn.

BIG PROBLEM: the installation destroys the default DNS address in the network setup.

the DNS is changing from 10.0.0.138 to 0.0.0.0

if the dns is rechanged manually in network setup the box crashes. ever.

so its not possible to restore the dns in network setup, only restore image from savings.

3) parental control is not really good designed and should be improved generally if anybody can do it...

a) with pin 0000 is PC unused.  i think its senseless. why not 0000 pin also possible.. but this is no problem.

b ) remember the PIN, perhaps 15 min, is only working in channel selection.

not in movie-list, setups etc. 

why is the PIN remembering not universal, in channels, movie list, setups,  like it is in all other receivers i know......

this is very very annoying.

c) it is not possible to lock only some folders in movie list, only all or nothing. why..

for me not really understandable, why no selection of locked folders possible????

not good, because childrens can see their films in their folder without pin,

other folders should be locked.

--------------------------------

sorry for my questions, perhaps i found not this features,

otherwise i hope anybody can program it.. i hope..

greetings and thanks for image,

ali

Edited by alibaba12, 30 January 2024 - 18:29.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2024 - 18:33

What OpenPLi version are you using?

Hoe do you configure OpenVPN? Manually? Using some plugin?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,280 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2024 - 18:46

QuadPIP works here on the Ultimo4K.... strange... Maybe uploading the log could help here.

OpenVPN is something you need to configure manually.... how do you try to get this done?

Parental control on/off is indeed based on '0000'. I do not think this is a bad idea... when you want to use '0000' as pincode...  you're not smart... (but the same we can say for '1111', '1234' etc...). And as far I remember the timeout should work on all.. menublocks and also recordings etc. You can also block folders.... rename them with a '.' dot as first letter in the service name (then they are also hidden when you use the console with putty by defauilt) and you also have options in the context menu to add or remove these dots.

VTI has a lot of shame... all things that work there (differently) where you get used to were closed source by them.... so it is simply different as we have because we need to invent the 'wheel' again...

Edited by littlesat, 30 January 2024 - 18:50.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #4 alibaba12

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2024 - 12:50

hi.

thanks for answers.

1) quadpip  ....  after installaton error message "no module named qpip"......  so it seems not all files are installed...

but it is not so important, but where can we get the missed file.. or an ipk file (not found)

2) surfsharkvpn and openvpn:  after installing without errors and starting it seems the file etc/resolv.conf  was changed and therefore in network settings dns are 0.0.0.0 and crash after manual dns entry. see above. import config are successful. but no vpn connection, it seems the missing DNS in network setup is then the problem.

3) parental control... in my mind not really goot working.

a) remember pin not working in menues and movie files... 

set it on 15 min. at each call of parental control menü you have to input the pin. also in other locked menues. 

B) a.file   folder as above suggested ot working. if movielist is locked allways pin question. if not, no pin needed. also in a.name    folders. renaming folters with prefix  "a."  no success.

i hope sometimes to solve this matters then VTI is forgettable.

greetings, thx. and sorry for my clumsy shanglish.

ali

imageissue=openpli 8.3-release %h
No handlers could be found for logger "AT"
[eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=54): Value too large for defined data type
[eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=54): Value too large for defined data type
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 77, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 57, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/NetworkSetup.py", line 267, in ok
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Network.py", line 123, in writeNameserverConfig
IOError: [Errno 40] Too many levels of symbolic links: '/etc/resolv.conf'
[ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0xa8ab5580>>,('SetupActions', 'ok')) failed)

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #5 alibaba12

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2024 - 13:06

forgotten:
image pli 8,3
vu+ ultimo4k

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2024 - 13:22

1. Did you install it from the feed (plugins, green button) or did you download it from elsewhere? It looks like what you installed is not compatible,

2. That in itself is not the cause of the problem,

if you make a VPN connection and the VPN server pushes an updated DNS configuration, openvpn modifies /etc/resolv.conf to make this configuration active. This is normal behaviour.

Your problem is that /etc/resolv.conf doesn't seem to be a file, but a symlink to some other file, which in turn is a symlink back to /etc/resolv.conf. Which causes the error

IOError: [Errno 40] Too many levels of symbolic links: '/etc/resolv.conf'

so either there is something wrong in your image, or you installed something that is not compatible with OpenPLi and changes /etc/resolv.conf into a symlink.

I would start with

init 4 && sleep 15
rm /etc/resolv.conf
touch /etc/resolv.conf
reboot

if after this it turns into a symlink again, you maybe sure you installed something that breaks it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #7 alibaba12

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 February 2024 - 14:38

hello.

1) quadpip:  as i wrote from pli feed with ultimo 4k, plugins green button then selection quadpip.

tried several times, always same error. it seems the downloadfile is not complete.

2) Surfshark-vpn solved:

now its working, but i dont really know why.

its sure, the problem was the etc/resolv.conf.....  in VTI this file is in /run/resolf.conf....

i copied and deleted some times, moved to /run/....

and now SURFSHARK-VPN is working...

thanks.

i know, vpn, its not recommended, but i try to "copy" my VTI-ultimo4k to a PLI-ultimo4k receiver and try to make it nearly same in use.

3) parental control

this is in moment the only really bigger problem. i hope its possible to solve.

all other very important functions in PLI are working now and i am nearly enthusiastic about PLI.

a) the PIN remember feature is uncomplete. PIN is only remembered in channels list, NOT in menues, and NOT in filmlist. its very annoying to make permanent the input of the pin.

B) movie-list: its not possible to lock only some folders. in setup parental control its possible to lock the WHOLE movie-list or NOT. 

but not some subfolders in hdd/movie/... and others not.

also folder renamed with prefix  a.   see above not working.

strange.

4) MOVIE-LIST issues

a) lock problem see item 3b.

B) selectable direct recording folders missing.....

on pressing REC button for direct recording its not possible to select any movie list folder, for sport par example hdd/movie/sport for films  hdd/movie/film for  series hdd/movie/series  etc.

after pressing rec button the setup of recoding length is ok, but then a setup for selection recording folder would be important ......

in auto-timer also its selectable, its logical here also... spock would say.

c) wrong focus at return to movie-list:

pressing button (i made green) for movie-list is not working properly. i selected in setup hdd/movie/ als default folder. but if i was in a subfolder like hdd/movie/sport , then exit the movie list, and later i came back with green button not the default folder, the last subfolder hdd/movie/sport  has the focus.

i thank again very much and hope, anybody will solve at least the pin problems in time with no stress.

greetings,

ali

Edited by alibaba12, 2 February 2024 - 14:40.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2024 - 15:17

The movie list always opens in the last directory accessed, it doesn't magically reset anything. Nor should it do so.

And you most likely have broken DNS by fooling around with resolv.conf. It is not the image that is the problem, it is your vpn plugin that needs fixing.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #9 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,026 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2024 - 17:52

3) parental control

"Remember service PIN" example 5min.

"Protect movie list" no

Example!

Your video folder /media/hdd/your_video

Stand on this folder and press the menu button -->rename as /media/hdd/.your_video

Attentively!

.your_video

Edited by Dimitrij, 2 February 2024 - 17:55.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #10 alibaba12

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2024 - 16:00

hi.

i have 3 dishes with several sat positions.

sometimes after selection a channel this message appears.

little problem sometimes, but NOT each time: the message does not disappear.  onle restart gui helps.

no drama, but it seems, sometimes the timeout of message not working every time.

many thanks for all other help. 

greetings, ali

vpn etc. all ok ths.

remaining issues:

a) for quadpip i found no solution. not working, after feed installation "missing qpip" error message...

B) pin remember not working in menues...

not dramatical, but bugs i think...... and hope anybody can solve it at time...

Attached Files

Edited by alibaba12, 10 February 2024 - 16:03.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2024 - 16:24

Enigma expect the data to be available within a specific number of milliseconds after tuning. You get that message if that doesn't happen. It is usually caused by slow responding LNB's or switches.

And just installed the quadpip plugin on my Solo 4K (running a develop image), and like the others here, it works fine. I'm now flashing 9.0-release, so I can verify that too.

edit: also on 9.0-release I have no issues with quadpip.

So, I have no idea what you're hacking on that box of yours, but you have all sorts of issues no one else has...

Attached Files

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #12 alibaba12

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2024 - 14:47

"So, I have no idea what you're hacking on that box of yours, but you have all sorts of issues no one else has...

..thx.

i installed OPENPLI 8.3  (former VTI) from here for ultimo4k, then installed some plugins, all from feed.... nothing hacking....

and then the missing qpip.......error.

so my question, have anybody the issing qpip file???

its not so important, but strange...

greetings.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2024 - 15:43

so my question, have anybody the issing qpip file???

No, that has already been replied by several people, including myself (see my previous post).

But then again, most people run the latest version, which is 9.0-release, and not 8.3. I'll try to find time to flash 8.3 and test that too.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #14 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,406 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2024 - 15:05

On request of Wanwizard I flashed the latest 8.3 image on the VU+ multiboot environment. Installed some plugins from the feed and everything works as it should. You have to find the cause of your issue at your location. I wish you good luck. I can’t upload the video so you have to trust on my blue eyes.

Attached Files

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #15 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,280 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2024 - 16:35

Again… I tested it long time ago. Here also no issue with quadpip on 8.3, 9.0 and Develop…..I can only speculate you installed something foreign that did not removed well or so….

Edited by littlesat, 20 February 2024 - 16:37.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: VTI to PLI --- some problems quadpip parental c. vpn..... pls. hlp. #16 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,026 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2024 - 19:32

Need remove folder plugin

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users