• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #41 GT8k

• 107 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 1 March 2024 - 02:30

PiPSetup.py

-MAX_W, MAX_H = BoxInfo.getItem("MaxPIPSize")
+MAX_W = MAX_X * 3 // 4
+MAX_H = MAX_Y * 3 // 4
If I edit this one am I gaining smth here?!

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #42 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2024 - 14:24

Actually I can shed some light here, as apparently the issue not quite understood by many people.

To start with, this issue is not specific for picture-by-picture PiP, but it may show there as it requires both outputs to be quite large, whilst in "normal" PiP mode, the PiP video output is usually quite small.

Then, this issue is not VU+ specific, it's not even model-specific. It's just that VU+ uses other SoC types then most other manufacturers (more expensive, less basic), so they have their own limitations.

So yes, this is a limitation, not a bug. The SoC from the VU+ Solo4k and probably Uno4k(SE) too is limited in the PiP size that can be shown. Furthermore the actual size of the PiP depends on the position on the screen. So the window can be quite large when it's in the upper-left corner, but needs to be smaller gradually when moving to the lower-right corner. VU+ "solved" this issue in the drivers by accepting all possible coordinates, but apply a "correction" so the PiP window's size and position never get invalid.

IIRC GigaBlue or QViart have receivers with the same SoC and they're not applyting this correction. The result is garbage on the screen and possibly crashing. So what VU+ is doing, isn't that bad actually.

The interesting thing is that the SoC's of the Duo4k and the Duo4kSE/Ultimo4k (same SoC) do not have this limitation, they have really high end SoC's, that include four completely independent video decoders, which are also used for the QuadPiP feature. In theory it would be possible to use all of these as independent PiP sources, but we never looked into it, as it's not really interesting for the end user.

So we asked VU+ to lift the limitations for the SoC's that don't need it and they did. So the Duo4k, Duo4kSE and Ultimo4k do offer random positioning of the PiP and I can confirm that picture-by-picture really works.

So the bottom line is: if you want random positioning of PiP, you need a high-end SoC, so a more expensive receiver. For PiP you need (an) extra video decoder(s), which are expensive if added with full functionality.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #43 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2024 - 14:26

only having the sound of the main screen and the full video of the PiP.

So how you achieved this? There is no audiopip plugin in the feed available, and for some events like f1 I just need the audio from another channel while watching other ch on full screen...

On VU+ you can only gets audio from the main screen and not from the PiP. I have been told that there is no audio decoder in the chipset that handle PiP so it is not possible to have PiP audio.

This was possible on my Xtrend ET-9000.

Over here it works (Ultimo4k), try it with QuadPiP. So I guess it's possible, it's just not implemented in Enigma right now. I hear a feature request coming there  ;)

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #44 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,084 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2024 - 21:26

Erik,

Sorry but I have a VU+ Solo4K and a VU+ Duo4K and PiP is behaving exactely the same on both boxes.

Also QuadPIP is also working on both boxes.

So the VU+ Duo4K is not capable to display the PiP window into full screen, the max size is always 1/4 of the screen size.  People report that other images don't have this limitation, so why only OpenPLi has it?

Sometimes I would like to display a channel on the "main" screen to get the sound out of it and being able to increase the image from the selected PiP TV Shows leading in having audio from main screen and video from PiP.

On the Duo4K and on the Solo4K you can place the PiP windows everywhere that you want on screen (max size 1/4 screen), you can no longer move it when you increase it too much (for OpenPLi or the driver) then juste press P- to virtually reduce the size until the move is working again.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #45 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,355 posts

+692
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2024 - 22:09

Likely when output is 4K the maxsize is 1/4 th…. And maybe when the output is hd then it can be full screen ? So I’m afraid it is not that simple.

Edited by littlesat, 7 March 2024 - 22:09.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #46 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,370 posts

+47
Good

Posted 8 March 2024 - 06:57

As i wrote before...On Duo4KSE i can put the PiP on full screen and hdmi output is 2160p....So its possible.

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #47 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,355 posts

+692
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2024 - 10:54

And we have now indeed limitations in SystemInfo.py...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #48 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,039 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2024 - 12:30

Why doesn't anyone check this?

-MAX_W, MAX_H = BoxInfo.getItem("MaxPIPSize")
+MAX_W = MAX_X * 3 // 4
+MAX_H = MAX_Y * 3 // 4

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/PiPSetup.py develop image

Attached Files

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #49 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,084 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2024 - 12:52

Hi Dimitrij,

I have just tested your PiPSetup.py:  on the VU+ Solo4K and on the Duo4K nothing changed.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #50 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,370 posts

+47
Good

Posted 8 March 2024 - 15:06

Maybe it works on SE versions...Or maybe only on Duo4KSE?!

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #51 GT8k

• 107 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 March 2024 - 15:47

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/PiPSetup.py develop image

On uno4kse there is only PiPSetup.pyc file...

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #52 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,743 posts

+1,742
Excellent

Posted 9 March 2024 - 15:48

Source is not installed by default, on any box. Install the package with "-src" if you want the source too.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #53 GT8k

• 107 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 March 2024 - 17:13

Source is not installed by default, on any box. Install the package with "-src" if you want the source too.

I don't quite understand this one. Could be more specific please?

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #54 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,743 posts

+1,742
Excellent

Posted 9 March 2024 - 17:28

If you need the source of a python file, you need to install the source package (ipk).

In this case, it is part of enigma2, so you need to install the "enigma2-src" package.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #55 GT8k

• 107 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 March 2024 - 21:15

Guys check this out, after an update of the pli-9 image there are some changes:
but still the second picture stays unchanged though... Attached File  IMG_20240326_2.jpg   60.31KB   13 downloads

Re: Splitscreen mode vu+ #56 GT8k

• 107 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 May 2024 - 20:14

2day I made the mistake to update my stb...
What the heck is going on here?! The left screen again is this small in pip!
Is this gonna be fixed or I should flash the older version?? (luckily I downloaded the img from 25/03/24)Attached File  IMG_20240509_220802.jpg   12.68KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users