WebP on enigma2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 21 February 2024 - 16:22

I found the way how to display this modern image format in enigma2, well not directly but with the use of ffmpeg, on the PC the conversion is done in a second, I tried it on PLi 8.3 and ffmpeg misses webp codec there, can you try this on PLi develop, I assume ffmpeg is uptodate,if not can you add webp codec please, how long does it take to perform conversion

ffmpeg -y -i sample.webp -vf loop=-1:1 -t 5 sample.mp4

the output is the 5 secs video clip (actually still picture) in mp4 format, if you press pause while viewing you can watch it longer not just 5 secs, you can download some sample files from

WebP-Galerie  |  Google for Developers

Re: WebP on enigma2 #2 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 22 February 2024 - 11:23

an even better way, we still need updated ffmpeg

ffmpeg -y -i sample.webp -preset ultrafast sample.jpg

Re: WebP on enigma2 #3 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 1 March 2024 - 16:58

I found a similar thread

https://forums.openp...dpost&p=1422726

what should be now added?

if I run this on the PC it gives me:

ffmpeg -codecs | grep webp

DEVILS webp                 WebP (encoders: libwebp_anim libwebp

on the box there is no webp, is just missing

ffmpeg -codecs | grep webp

DEVILS webp

accordingly this should be added (if I am not wrong)

+ --enable-encoder=libwebp_anim

+ --enable-encoder=libwebp

OpenATV ffmpg includes webp encoder, binary ffmpeg is about 100k bigger (libs I didn´t check) then PLi, what about adding all codecs

Edited by mrvica, 1 March 2024 - 16:59.

Re: WebP on enigma2 #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,078 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 2 March 2024 - 11:49

Hi,

Do you have a concrete example why a STB should support webp? Just to understand the need for it.

Thanks

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: WebP on enigma2 #5 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 3 March 2024 - 16:21

I came across a webp picture and I wanted to display it on TV, no chance without converting it, I want to do conversion on the box with the help of a script or plugin, do we need webp, I would say yes, it is mostly and increasingly used on the web, in few years it will probably replace jpg, that is just like .webm, most downloads on YouTube are webm, I am glad H7 supports it, the best would be direct support for webp, @taapat could say more words regarding webp, he once adapted ePicLoad to display .svg files.directly.

by the way the output .jpgs converted with the command line above are not ordinary .jpgs, they start normally with JFIF in hex editor, they are kind of motion jpgs with one still frame, enigma2 display it well.

Edited by mrvica, 3 March 2024 - 16:29.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users