#1 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 1 March 2024 - 18:04

Hi,

Dimitrij gave me this link to have the option (change type...) :

https://github.com/O...lugins/pull/933

but I don't find the new plugin. Littlesat, can you explain please ?

Thank you. :)

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #2 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,646 posts

+460
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2024 - 17:58

It has been committed 26th of July last year as you can see overhere so what do you mean by, you can't find the new plugin?

This change has been done to the original source and was available after the nest build-run, if you update the box, the new plugin will be installed automatic (if it was installed before)

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #3 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2024 - 19:09

Sorry littlesat but I've done an other update yesterday and I don't see this option as you can see in the picture. Perhaps I haven't understood something.

Thank you littlesat. :)

Attached Files

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,661 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2024 - 19:13

What is the selected file here? The option mentioned only appears for files with a ".stream" extension, i.e. recordings of the http stream.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #5 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2024 - 19:35

Small update

[reconstructapsc] add check exiist file

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,661 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2024 - 19:38

merged.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #7 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2024 - 20:27

OK littlesat, I'm going to try with a stream file :P .

Another problem with stream files, they have meta files (.stream.meta) but MoviePlayer ignores them. It doesn't do the link with them. It's a little annoying because in the list of videos, the program displays the title which is in the meta file and as it doesn't find it, it displays the file name which contents contains the date and the channel name, which is not convenient. I haven't found MoviePlayer Python program to see if it's possible to do something.

But your modified plugin could make the problem disappear with a ts file :D  .

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #8 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2024 - 20:45

Sorry littlesat, I've chosen 2 stream files but reconstructapsc doesn't display the option. Then I delete the plugin and I download it again but it's the same thing. :unsure: 

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #9 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,036 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2024 - 06:20

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ReconstructApSc/

Edited by Dimitrij, 4 March 2024 - 06:21.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #10 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2024 - 12:24

OK for this response but I should like to know why reconstructapsc doesn't work as littlesat said. ;)

However, when I go to :

In /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ReconstructApSc/

the ui.pyo file is compiled and your file is not. Even if I have used Python in my life, I didn't use compiled files, I don't know how to do. And when I created applications, I write a lot of documentation and I don't see any documentation in OpenPli files when there are not compiled.

Another point, in the ui.py file, the messages are in English, what I don't like very much. It seems this program doesn't use the language library. I'm not easy in English and I have to use translators a lot :(   ;) .

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,661 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2024 - 13:03

Don't get me started on the lack of documentation. :(.

As to source files, you can just put it there, python will compile it automatically if it is newer than the compiled file.

And as far as I can see, all strings are translatable ( i.e. these use the gettext function _("") ). That doesn't mean that are translated, for that you need someone to translate them.

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #12 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 5 March 2024 - 17:47

As I used Python to develop programs that processed data in batches, I'm not at all used with programs with screens and audio/video. Some documentation would have been interesting especially since I am used to writing abundant documentation for me and other guys :( .

Ok, I've copied the new file to the good directory and it replaced the older one when I restart the box.

As you said, the old messages are translated except the new one. I've seen if I can add it in the different language libraries. I've found Poedit can edit language files. I didn't know this fonction, nor the module gettext but the files are compiled.

Is it possible to get the sources of the .pyo and .mo files ?

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #13 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 5 March 2024 - 17:57

Littlesat, I've used your program and it does not work well for all stream movies. It's a shame because it solves the access problem to the meta file.

For some files, I can't read the movie with MoviePlayer, there is not picture but it displays a very long length. The file is 45 minutes length and it displays more than 8 hours. So I've tried to construct .ap et.sc files but I get an error : "error code -1" for the 2 files.

But I can read these movies on a Windows PC with VLC.

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #14 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 5 March 2024 - 18:06

In fact, I just saw the new function renames the files, there is no video processing. I've tried it a few months ago without success. :(

A few months ago, I've found a program which converts stream video to ts video but it doesn't keep containers (for subtitles...) :

https://fra.moo0.com...VideoConverter/

Edited by sjlouis, 5 March 2024 - 18:10.

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,661 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 5 March 2024 - 20:50

As I used Python to develop programs that processed data in batches, I'm not at all used with programs with screens and audio/video. Some documentation would have been interesting especially since I am used to writing abundant documentation for me and other guys :( .

It has taken me years to be able to read it reasonable, and I still need to look carefully, as everything is event and timer driven, not sequential as in "old style" programming.

It is also why so many race conditions exists, every bit of code runs independently from other bits, but lots of bits assume a specific state exists, set somewhere else. That is a disaster waiting to happen (and it often happens, sometimes pressing a key to quickly is enough to let it crash).

Re: [reconstructapsc] add option "Change type '.stream' to '.ts'" by littlesat #16 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 March 2024 - 14:19

OK, I continue in PM ;) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users