Photo

HBBTV seems to be just not to be usable on any enigma2 box?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elmann

• 87 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 March 2024 - 08:17

Hello,

I have  tried to get HBBTV (webkit) working on a VU Uno 4K SE and on a GigaBlue UHD UE 4K Cable.

I tried images openpli, teamblue and openatv. And to be clear I think that no programmer without receiver company driver support can solve these issues!

Things that can go wrong:

• Will not start with the red button( sure there are workarounds)

• Will not store “over 18 years” infos.

• Sometimes crashes. 

• New HBBTV 2 features will never be implemented

I am asking here just to make sure I didn’t  come to the wrong conclusion:

has anybody here in the forum have  a “great stable” experience with using HBBTV (maybe with other hardware)? 

Edited by elmann, 10 March 2024 - 08:24.

Model: Uno4kse and Octagon SF8008 4K Supreme Image:  OpenPli: latest TV: Sony XE9005, Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q810GC

Re: HBBTV seems to be just not to be usable on any enigma2 box? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,636 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2024 - 15:47

The problem has always been, from day one, that HbbTV libraries have paid-for licenses, they are closed source.

Manufacturers have made an implementation, at the moment the hardware was put to market, so they could put "HbbTV" on the box (a main selling point in countries like Germany). And that was the last time they looked at it, as maintaining it costs money, and they are not in the business of spending.

So obviously, as time progresses and image makers upgraded their OE, things started to break.

The only possible light and the end of the tunnel was OpenHbbTVbrowser, an open source solution, but that project seems dead, no activity in over 3 years.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users