Photo

Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 elmann

• 87 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2024 - 14:47

Hello,

just to be clear I have no idea how teletext is technically  implemented or what is needed for it to work.

When I click on the teletext button on my remote , it sometimes works and often not.

I see that the service is provided by www.tuxtxt.net. 

If I am right in old days before I used an enigma box  there was no internet service like tuxtxt involved. The responses on teletext appeared to be quicker and more stable.

Nowadays I often have for example RTL teletext when watching ARD.

Is there a way to not use tuxtext but tho use the teletext provided with the television signal (if there is such a thing)

I apologise if this is a silly question!

Many Greetings

Edited by elmann, 13 March 2024 - 14:53.

Model: Uno4kse and Octagon SF8008 4K Supreme Image:  OpenPli: latest TV: Sony XE9005, Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q810GC

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2024 - 15:32

No, the software is called tuxtxt.

Teletext is something that is broadcasted by the provider, on a seperate PID. If you see strange things, chances are you have caching enabled, and the current channel doesn't broadcast a TXT PID.

And I can't reproduce what you are experiencing, If I zap to either ARD or RTL, and immediatly press the TXT button, I get the start page instantly, no delay (and not the wrong page).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #3 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 13 March 2024 - 15:50

I dont have problems with teletext on Das Erste and RTL either. All seems to work just fine.

However German channels have something else that is called DigitalText which is a deviation of teletext but broadcasted through HBBTV (Web based).

That can have problems due to the poor handling of HBBTV in latest version of firmwares....

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #4 elmann

• 87 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2024 - 15:52

ok,

on menu  I have System/Customize/Enable teletext caching = false.

What happens on my vu+ is the following.

If I reboot the box and the first channel is ARD and then I click on the teletext button: ARD correctly shows up. And is very quick.

If I switch to RTL  the "searching for teletext dialog screen appears. Then after a few seconds another screen appears where it shows: Teletext selection : Das Erste HD"

If I reboot the box and the first channel is RTL  and then I click on the teletext button: RTL correctly shows up on teletext.

If I switch to ARD  the "searching for teletext dialog screen appears. Then after a few seconds another screen appears where it shows: Teletext selection : RTL HD"

What could be wrong on my system?

Edited by elmann, 13 March 2024 - 15:52.

Model: Uno4kse and Octagon SF8008 4K Supreme Image:  OpenPli: latest TV: Sony XE9005, Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q810GC

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #5 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 13 March 2024 - 16:01

What is happening in my opinion is that it doesnt find the txt pid for the second channel and try to search for other txt pids available on the whole transponder. So it find the RTL HD or Das Erste HD as a possible options.

Something must be wrong with your perception imho.

I just tried that on several channels on 19.2E (Das Erste, RTL, RTL2, RTL HD, Sat1, Pro7) and have no issues at all with displaying the correct Teletext for the channel.

Maybe you can share with what version of OpenPli you testing it and maybe you can try the latest nightly and try with it.

Edited by DimitarCC, 13 March 2024 - 16:01.

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #6 elmann

• 87 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2024 - 16:16

I am using the latest openpli-9.0 release build date 2023-12-03

Please find attached a debug log:

I first switched to RTL where teletext worked and then to ZDF where it failed.

Not sure If you see something on the logs?

maybe the

[ActionMap] Keymap 'InfobarTeletextActions' -> Action = 'startTeletext'.

[eThread] old thread joined 0

TuxTxt <open /dev/dbox/lcd0>: No such file or directory

looks wrong?

Attached Files

Edited by elmann, 13 March 2024 - 16:24.

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2024 - 16:30

You have FCC on, perhaps tuxtxt isn't compatible with it, and gets confused with multiple PID's pre-tuned?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #8 elmann

• 87 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2024 - 16:31

Ha I found the cause!!!

But I am sad too, Its related to  Fast Channel Change. If I disable it teletext works like a charm.

But FCC is my number one feature. I cannot live without it )))-:

So I guess I have to not use teletext ..... 

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #9 elmann

• 87 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2024 - 16:32

Ah Sorry Wanwizard I saw your post too late. You are absolute right its FCC

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2024 - 16:36

I've passed the issue on to the developers.

Re: Looking for a way to improve teletext on my vu+ uno se 4k? #11 elmann

• 87 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2024 - 16:40

Thanks alot!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users