#1 kamaxx

• 77 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2024 - 10:19

Dear friends;

I know nightly is very stable :)

My duo4k has nightly image

2 of 4 startup on my hd51 have nightly and 9.0 image.

In fact;

I think nightly based on Yocto Project(hardknott)? isn't it?

https://wiki.yoctopr...g/wiki/Releases

I have been used neutrino tuxbox image(yocto) for a while.

I saw "kirkstone" on download section. 

What is this?

Re: Question on development #2 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,794 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2024 - 12:14

A major release such as a 7.x to 8.x is always accompanied by a new OpenEmbedded (OE) version (eg. a new operating system version), this is If you want to read more about OE go to Yocto project.

OpenPLi version 9 is build on Hardknott (version 3.3) and Kirkstone (4.0) is the next OE we want to implement, it is worked on at the moment, what you see in the download section is the build. If you want to read our develop strategy please read on at https://wiki.openpli...opment_strategy

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Question on development #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2024 - 13:50

Kirkstone builds are being tested, but are not publicly available for download, they are only available for developers.

( if that is not the case, something is wrong and needs to be fixed )

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Question on development #4 kamaxx

• 77 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2024 - 17:02

Okay I see

Well,  Does this mean kirkstone will be dev image again or 9.1,etc,etc,?

and I wait new python version 3.1x.x on pli images like every pli lovers.

Re: Question on development #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2024 - 20:34

The current plan is (subject to change) is to create a 9.1-release from the current develop, then promote Kirkstone to develop, which will then become OpenPLi 10 in due time.

Whatever python version is running is not very relevant, not for users, and if you are a developer and you code for specific minor versions of Python, you're doing it wrong.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users