Photo

Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 miroka

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 April 2024 - 10:15

Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0?

Because I have the picons on HDD

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #2 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,791 posts

+469
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2024 - 10:56

Why do you want to change the path for the picons?
If you installed the picons from the feeds on the HDD, the path is set correctly and Enigma will 'find' the picons itself.

Normally the picons are installed in /media/hdd/picon/
if you install the picons 'in the flash' you'll find them in /picon/

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Hardware: 2x Daily used Vu+ Ultimo 4K - Vu+ Duo 4K SE and a lot more.... - VisioSat BiBigsat - Jultec Unicable Multiswitch 4 positions: 19.2/23.5/28.2 East - Diseqc motorized flatdish antenna

Software : HomeBuild OpenPLi Develop and Scarthgap builds, local cards driven by OsCam

Press the rep_up.png button on the buttom right of this message ;)

Have you tried our wiki yet? Many answers can be found in our OpenPLi wiki

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,129 posts

+261
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2024 - 12:38

There is a search order for the picon, problem is if you installed picons on two different places it will only use the first one it search to.

You cannot split some picons internally and some picons on HDD for example.

in telnet you can run:

find / -type d -name picon

Let it run and if it finds several entries delete the one that you don't need.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #4 miroka

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 April 2024 - 19:02

Why do you want to change the path for the picons?
If you installed the picons from the feeds on the HDD, the path is set correctly and Enigma will 'find' the picons itself.

Normally the picons are installed in /media/hdd/picon/
if you install the picons 'in the flash' you'll find them in /picon/

Openpli 7.3 is in Flash and OpenPli 9.0 in the Multiboot. The Picons are in the/hdd/media/hdg_17file/picon folder. That's why I would like to change the path.

And under 9.0 you don't want to work with HDGlass17 Skin. I have to use the base.

Edited by miroka, 2 April 2024 - 19:05.

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,484 posts

+1,769
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2024 - 19:22

The location of picons is not related to the skin in use.

Nothing in OpenPLi installs picons in that location, which suggests you should not ask to change OpenPLi, but whatever non-standard thing the picons installed in that location.

If that is HDGlass, then it double sucks, as it replaces the core enigma code to resolve picons.

So contact the author of that skin, and ask to correct the mistakes made and remove the override code. Or make sure the code can handle standard locations.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #6 miroka

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 April 2024 - 19:32

The location of picons is not related to the skin in use.

Nothing in OpenPLi installs picons in that location, which suggests you should not ask to change OpenPLi, but whatever non-standard thing the picons installed in that location.

If that is HDGlass, then it double sucks, as it replaces the core enigma code to resolve picons.

So contact the author of that skin, and ask to correct the mistakes made and remove the override code. Or make sure the code can handle standard locations.

I mean it.But Openpli 7.3 worked properly. It's another thing again that doesn't work properly under Openpli 9.0. Should I return to Openpli 7.3 or install another image?

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,484 posts

+1,769
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2024 - 19:35

Nothing has changed in OpenPLi with regards to picon resolving between OpenPLi 7 and now.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #8 miroka

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 April 2024 - 19:55

Nothing has changed in OpenPLi with regards to picon resolving between OpenPLi 7 and now.

I understand that there was no change in the Picons aspect. But how can HDGlass 17 Skin (which is one of the best customizable skin) points under 9.0? Surely your creator wants to prick Openpli users. But no problem, I give up on HDGLASS 17.But you can't tell you where to read the picons. You only need to change a path that could be rewritten in settings or some XML.What if I have a flash drive in a folder I would like to place the skin I made?

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #9 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,468 posts

+62
Good

Posted 2 April 2024 - 20:28

The complication is that you are using multiboot. In theory, the internal flash is actually the directory on the harddrive.

The skin should really read the picon location from the image. Try uninstalling the picons you installed from the plugin server.

Place the picons  on your USB drive in following folder: /media/usb/picon

The picon renderer in the image will find them, I don't know about the skin.

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,484 posts

+1,769
Excellent

Posted 3 April 2024 - 14:27

I unpacked the ipk to see what is inside it.

The setup contains code that symlinks the hdglass picon location to a standard location of your choice (which defaults to /media/usb). So perhaps you need to double check your configuration?

I can't see what config, the code is total crap, not going to spend my time on it.

Re: Where can I set the pathway of the picons in Openpli 9.0? #11 tension

• 119 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2024 - 23:15

Or let to change picon set ..... for image skin picon matching lovers :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   100.56KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   97.04KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   92.6KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users