Photo

OpenPli 9 and ansible

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gusto

• 59 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 June 2024 - 09:35

I want to ask if anyone manages boxes using Ansible. For example copying files to the box, mass installation of plugins, etc.

Re: OpenPli 9 and ansible #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,117 posts

+1,763
Excellent

Posted 7 June 2024 - 10:49

No. I have never had the need, nor see the point.

Everything can be achieved with a properly prepared autobackup, including installing custom ipks. I normally flash multiple times a day, and have 30+ boxes. I have an USB stick for each model, with the required files.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPli 9 and ansible #3 eura

• 83 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 7 June 2024 - 16:41

Works perfect to only way to manage environment , and everything is written in cod. I use it privet and at work. If you don't make the roll hard-code you just need to make one change :-)
So make variables in the role

Good Luck

Re: OpenPli 9 and ansible #4 gusto

• 59 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 June 2024 - 21:38

No. I have never had the need, nor see the point.

Everything can be achieved with a properly prepared autobackup, including installing custom ipks. I normally flash multiple times a day, and have 30+ boxes. I have an USB stick for each model, with the required files.

If an admin needs to make some changes in a config file and manages 50 boxes, then Ansible can be very useful.

Re: OpenPli 9 and ansible #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,117 posts

+1,763
Excellent

Posted 8 June 2024 - 13:57

I didn't write Ansible is pointless, I wrote I didn't see the point using it to manage a box.

But then again I don't sell hardware with illegal subscriptions or run a hotel with 50+ rooms and Enigma2 boxes....

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users