Photo

Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 July 2024 - 03:17

Hello friends, can you help me, I have an octagon sf8008, the first edition and it worked very well in both Ku and C bands, I bought the octagon supreme now but it only works with the KU band, can you tell me why it does not work in C band with the openpli . I also see that the tuner says only DVB-S2 and it does not appear as DVB-S2X like the previous version. I hope you can help me. Thank you and regards.

[url=https://ibb.co/cry1FjK][img]https://i.ibb.co/z4mrRzW/foro.png[/img][/url]

Edited by moncho, 3 July 2024 - 03:20.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #2 el bandido

• 373 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 3 July 2024 - 12:31

My Octagon SF8008 Supreme works in both C and Ku bands. What the tuner does and what the tuner says are two different things in the Supreme model. DVB-S2x Is supported in the Supreme tuners, but the lower symbol rates are not supported and instead reflects wishful thinking.

I could not understand your picture or screenshot link, It would be better to attach pictures or screenshots to a post instead of putting them in a link that cannot be opened.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #3 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,106 posts

+343
Excellent

Posted 3 July 2024 - 12:36

https://ibb.co/cry1FjK

Attached Files

• Attached File  foro.png   561.76KB   2 downloads

Edited by Dimitrij, 3 July 2024 - 12:37.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #4 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 July 2024 - 22:34

My Octagon SF8008 Supreme works in both C and Ku bands. What the tuner does and what the tuner says are two different things in the Supreme model. DVB-S2x Is supported in the Supreme tuners, but the lower symbol rates are not supported and instead reflects wishful thinking.

I could not understand your picture or screenshot link, It would be better to attach pictures or screenshots to a post instead of putting them in a link that cannot be opened.

unfortunately my octagon supreme does not work in c band, no tp is detected

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #5 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 July 2024 - 22:40

Now every time I do a blindscan I get this on the screen

Captura-de-pantalla-2024-07-02-172758.pn

Edited by moncho, 3 July 2024 - 22:43.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #6 el bandido

• 373 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 00:37

You are using OpenATV image, so you need to speak to the OpenATV image group about your blindscan problem. 

The tuner information that is displayed in your screenshot is mostly Junk and does not reflect what the receiver can or cannot do. The onscreen tuner information needs to be corrected, but Octagon does not care to make the needed corrections.

Here is a screenshot of OpenPli image tuning a C band transponder on 55w. Note the tuner is displayed as AVL62X1 for the SF8008 Supreme. C band does indeed work on the SF8008 Supreme receiver. This includes C band blindscan using OpenPLi image.

Attached File  55w-Cband.jpg   98.14KB   3 downloads

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #7 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 02:11

You are using OpenATV image, so you need to speak to the OpenATV image group about your blindscan problem. 

The tuner information that is displayed in your screenshot is mostly Junk and does not reflect what the receiver can or cannot do. The onscreen tuner information needs to be corrected, but Octagon does not care to make the needed corrections.

Here is a screenshot of OpenPli image tuning a C band transponder on 55w. Note the tuner is displayed as AVL62X1 for the SF8008 Supreme. C band does indeed work on the SF8008 Supreme receiver. This includes C band blindscan using OpenPLi image.

attachicon.gif 55w-Cband.jpg

I am using openpli, the wallpaper I put in open ATV, 

no signal in c band in openpli 9

Screenshot-2024-07-03-19-13-58.png

Edited by moncho, Yesterday, 02:15.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #8 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 02:25

In c band it does not work and does not detect any tp and in ku band it does work

BANDA KU

Screenshot-2024-07-03-19-21-04.png

BANDA C

Screenshot-2024-07-03-19-13-58.png

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #9 el bandido

• 373 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 04:06

C Band works on the SF8008 Supreme.
C band works in OpenPLi 9 image.
Carefully check your Setup for Tuner A.

Most likely, Either you do not have something set correctly for the C band tuner, Or you have a hardware problem with your C band antenna system.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #10 el bandido

• 373 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 04:10

As a Test, You may also try swapping tuners and see if that helps. Setup C band on the Ku tuner, and setup Ku band on the C band tuner. Doing this would maybe tell you if one of the tuners is bad.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #11 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 04:19

Yes, I already did it and the configuration is fine, I have the previous version and it is working well, unfortunately the octagon supreme has a lot of conflict, I read in other forums that the receiver is bad, so I will have to return it, so I also recommend that you do not buy it, I bought it on AMAZON GERMANY, DON'T BUY IT.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #12 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 04:39

As a Test, You may also try swapping tuners and see if that helps. Setup C band on the Ku tuner, and setup Ku band on the C band tuner. Doing this would maybe tell you if one of the tuners is bad.

thanks friend for your help.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #13 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 08:13

Detect that if I use tuner B for C band, it detects it, as long as I don't use tuner A, which is where the ku band is, and if I use tuner A, which is where I put the ku band, it allows tuner B to be detected . "If I use A, B no longer works and if I use B, A no longer works."

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #14 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 08:20

Another thing that also detects that in openpli 8.3 it gives very low quality values, and in openpli 9.0 it does give the real value.

openpli 8.3

Screenshot-2024-07-04-00-49-21.png

openpli 9.0

Screenshot-2024-07-04-01-19-30.png

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #15 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,412 posts

+160
Excellent

Posted Yesterday, 08:22

Please post your settings file.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #16 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 09:10

Please post your settings file.

openpli 8.3

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

openpli 9

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #17 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,120 posts

+260
Excellent

Posted Yesterday, 09:30

When you reply click on the bottom on More Reply Options and you will see that you can attach file from there. There are some restrictions on the allowed extensions.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #18 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,412 posts

+160
Excellent

Posted Yesterday, 12:07

Well I see that in your 9.0 setup but not in 8.3:

config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.lofh=4800
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.lofl=3926

So looks like you added user defined LOF. So either use the default LOF or set to 5150.

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #19 el bandido

• 373 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 15:47

Detect that if I use tuner B for C band, it detects it, as long as I don't use tuner A, which is where the ku band is, and if I use tuner A, which is where I put the ku band, it allows tuner B to be detected . "If I use A, B no longer works and if I use B, A no longer works."

Bad, Incorrect, or Wrong settings will cause this, Or bad, defective hardware such as a switch will cause this.

Pretty much, You have proven there is nothing wrong with your SF8008 Supreme receiver. The SF8008 Supreme may display a different signal level in OpenPli 8.3. This should be ignored because the SF8008 Supreme had just been introduced in OpenPli 8.3.

Which settings file are you using now in your SF8008 Supreme? OpenPli 8.3 or OpenPli 9?

What settings file are you using for your SF8008?  Does your SF8008 work correctly when connected to the Exact Same Antenna Cables as the SF8008 Supreme?

Re: Octagon SF8008 Supreme DOES NOT WORK #20 moncho

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted Today, 01:20

Bad, Incorrect, or Wrong settings will cause this, Or bad, defective hardware such as a switch will cause this.

Pretty much, You have proven there is nothing wrong with your SF8008 Supreme receiver. The SF8008 Supreme may display a different signal level in OpenPli 8.3. This should be ignored because the SF8008 Supreme had just been introduced in OpenPli 8.3.

Which settings file are you using now in your SF8008 Supreme? OpenPli 8.3 or OpenPli 9?

What settings file are you using for your SF8008?  Does your SF8008 work correctly when connected to the Exact Same Antenna Cables as the SF8008 Supreme?

Hello, thank you for answering, on the sf8008 supreme I did tests with both versions with 8.3 openpli and 9.0, right now I am with 9.0, and on the octagon sf8008 I use it with version 8.3 and it works fine.
With the supreme I cannot use both tuners, for example if I use B, A no longer works and if I use A, B no longer works.

I came to think that some tuner was broken, but I don't think that's the case, since if I only use either of the two it works as long as I don't use one.

***"sorry if my writing is not very good since I use a translator into my language"**

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users