Plugins-Software management

plugins

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coxa

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 July 2024 - 19:39

Hi, my VU+ Zero 2.0 install new OpenPli 9.0 , i want to add my .ipk plugins but there are not any Software managment in Plugins... wtf ?
Install 8.3 OpenPli
it's not here either, what's happening ?

Best regards !

Re: Plugins-Software management #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,832 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 4 July 2024 - 20:40

You don't need the outdated and bloated software management plugin anymore, which is why it is removed from the base installation.

You can put the ipk's on a stick and plug it in, you'll get a popup so you can install them. And if you use autobackup, you can also copy them into the backup directory, so they will automatically install after you restore a backup.

And if all else fails, you can still install software management from the plugins...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Plugins-Software management #3 coxa

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 July 2024 - 16:23

but the option is missing...
It was a great option...
I put it in tmp via FTP and installed it from there

Best regards

Re: Plugins-Software management #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,832 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 5 July 2024 - 16:55

What "option" are you missing?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Plugins-Software management #5 coxa

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 July 2024 - 09:56

What "option" are you missing?

I used it a lot via ftp, I put ./tmp in it and installed .ipk
Not talking about the fact that I also helped my friends who didn't understand, I entered them via remote control (TeamViewer or AnyDesk) and added the .ipk file to them, and on the TV they just went to Plugins-Software management and installed it, from ./tmp , especially when the device was behind the furniture...
It's a sin to throw away such an option..
I have been using OpenPLI for 12 years

Best regards '

Re: Plugins-Software management #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,924 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 7 July 2024 - 11:14

Maybe smarter to put the ipk on a root of an usb stick and then insert the usb stick…. Then the user interface pop-ups with the question to install the ipk. No need for ftp and other manual stuff.

By the way when you need ftp…. Or even better just use normal explorer… you’re also capable of using putty and do it via the console.

Also remotely put stuff on boxes via ftp is not smart and safe…. Better use ssh and winscp or so… then you also have the complete control (with putty) and use a key and no password!

Edited by littlesat, 7 July 2024 - 11:18.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Plugins-Software management #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,832 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 7 July 2024 - 12:15

I can only reiterate: if you need the old software management plugin, it is still there.

It is just not installed by default anymore. Simply install it from the plugins, and do as you have always done...

Re: Plugins-Software management #8 tomko

• 39 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2024 - 11:33

you can use "file manager" to find the given ipk and install it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users