Photo

deleting trash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brentener

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 July 2024 - 17:31

Hello ! I have deleted some movies, but the memory didn’t free up. The. deleted movies have landed in the hidden trash folder. How delete them manually ?

I have changed the settings in OpenPLI to get deleted movies erased right away, without using the trash !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Re: deleting trash #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,611 posts

+1,770
Excellent

Posted 13 July 2024 - 18:04

OpenPLi will delete files in trash automatically, in the background, based on minimum space and maximum days configured.

You can empty the trash manually by navigating to the trash folder, and press the red button. It will prompt you to empty the trash.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: deleting trash #3 brentener

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 July 2024 - 19:35

Thanks for your help! I tried this but I get the following error : Sorry, deleting directories can (for now) only be done through the trash can .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: deleting trash #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,611 posts

+1,770
Excellent

Posted 13 July 2024 - 19:43

You're not trying to delete recordings, but entire directories?

The trashcan is there so that your storage isn't overloaded with requests, thus corrupting recordings running at the same time. It is not a smart idea to disable the trashcan.

If you want to delete files in the trashcan, you can simply navigate to them in the trashcan, and press red to delete them immediately. But it is better just to press Red on the trashcan, and have Enigma empty it.

(p.s. please disable your tapatalk footer )

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: deleting trash #5 dany

• 230 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 13 July 2024 - 19:51

if you want to get free memory ( space on your hdd)

step 1-delete movie-step 2-empty trasch- step 3-restart enigma2) after restart enigma2 you will have free space on your harddisk

the most important is to restart enigma2 after step1 and 2

pli image is de beste

Re: deleting trash #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,611 posts

+1,770
Excellent

Posted 13 July 2024 - 20:00

???

There is ZERO relation to space on a device and the state of Enigma.

And Enigma will empty trash when needed, you can define in the settings how much space you want to have available at a minimum. Enigma will delete files from trash after the number of days configured, or earlier if you run out of space.

There is virtually no reason to do anything manually, the only reason I can think of is a process other than Enigma2 using the same storage. In which case you can configure Enigma to empty trash immediately.

Re: deleting trash #7 dany

• 230 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 13 July 2024 - 20:28

This is what i mean because Enigma will delete the recorded files from the trash after of days configured. therefore, if you look at the free space of the hard disk after deleting the recorded files from the hard disk and from the trash, you will find that it has not changed until you do an Enigma restart or a restart of the box .
This is what happened to brentener... He deleted the recorded files from the hard disk and from the trash, and when he looked at the free space in the hard disk... he found that it was the same size as before ... it had not changed.

pli image is de beste

Re: deleting trash #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,611 posts

+1,770
Excellent

Posted 13 July 2024 - 20:46

There is some optimisation in Enigma to avoid repeated disk access, but that doesn't warant an Enigma restart, if value will adjust after a few seconds.

Re: deleting trash #9 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,669 posts

+213
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2024 - 06:10

I have set up automatic deletion in the trash for all boxes to 365 days - it's safer, especially if more people, especially children, are working with the box. The trash is emptied manually using RED button on Trash - "Empty Trash." Remember that the freed space is displayed gradually as the files are deleted in the background. Occasionally, it's good to perform a "Check Filesystem" in the disk settings (sometimes it's necessary to restart the GUI first before run check disk).

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users