Photo

Image OpenPli 9.0 not stitched through USB.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BarberUA

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2024 - 17:21

Hello. I can’t flash the VU+ Solo2 receiver via USB.I insert the flash into the connector and turn on the power switch. the system writes on the display  UBIFS Update.And so everything hangs for a long time. The image does not load. You just need to get a flash drive and run the receiver with the old firmware. Previously, everything could be flashed from a flash drive. The WiFi module and cable are disabled in the receiver hdmi.Also, the receiver is not flashed online.All 4 flash drives do not flash the receiver. they have been formatted FAT32/

Re: Image OpenPli 9.0 not stitched through USB. #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,723 posts

+1,778
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2024 - 17:35

Try flashing 8.3-release, and if that works, flash 9.0 from the menu?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Image OpenPli 9.0 not stitched through USB. #3 BarberUA

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2024 - 18:49

Try flashing 8.3-release, and if that works, flash 9.0 from the menu?

I downgraded the firmware. but it is impossible to flash from a flash drive. I downloaded the zip file, put it on flash and flashed it. Now even the factory firmware cannot be flashed. Now, to flash the new firmware, I insert the USB flash drive into the receiver, select the online firmware, and thus the receiver begins to flash. why is that? it is not comfortable.

Re: Image OpenPli 9.0 not stitched through USB. #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,723 posts

+1,778
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2024 - 19:52

Flashing from USB is done by the bootloader (the BIOS of the box), which is installed in the factory by VU+. Not related to OpenPLi (or any other image), and nothing we can control.

The Solo2 is an old box, make sure you use a small (1Gb / 4Gb) USB 2.0 stick, and make sure no other USB devices are connected to allow the bootloader time to detect it.

And what do you mean with "I insert the USB flash drive into the receiver, select the online firmware, and thus the receiver begins to flash"? What is "online firmware", and where do you select it?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Image OpenPli 9.0 not stitched through USB. #5 BarberUA

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2024 - 20:10

Flashing from USB is done by the bootloader (the BIOS of the box), which is installed in the factory by VU+. Not related to OpenPLi (or any other image), and nothing we can control.

The Solo2 is an old box, make sure you use a small (1Gb / 4Gb) USB 2.0 stick, and make sure no other USB devices are connected to allow the bootloader time to detect it.

And what do you mean with "I insert the USB flash drive into the receiver, select the online firmware, and thus the receiver begins to flash"? What is "online firmware", and where do you select it?

menu. settings . image firmware.

Re: Image OpenPli 9.0 not stitched through USB. #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,723 posts

+1,778
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2024 - 12:10

Why is that not comfortable? You find manually downloading, unpacking on a USB stick, being frustrated because it doesn't work, is more comfortable?

Anyway, we can't do anything about USB devices not being detected by the bootloader, other than give you the tips I have given you. I keep a simple 1Gb no-name USB stick especially for this purpose, as all old boxes have issues with modern USB devices.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users