• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 3 August 2024 - 14:55

Hi,

On my Vu+ Ultimo 4k in version 8.3, it kept a lot of my customizations like the script files in //VUULTIMO4K/root/usr/script, which is very appreciable :P . A bit of a shame it didn't also keep the contents of //VUULTIMO4K/root/home/root ;) .

With streaming, I get recordings with .stream files. In the video selection screen, with 8.3 it displayed the full name of the file with the date, time, channel name and show title, which is a bit annoying since only the title is displayed for a .ts file.

With 9.0 there is nothing left for .stream files, an empty line except the date and time on the far right. In addition, the edEIT.exe application cannot open .meta and .eit files for .stream files. I managed to make some changes by editing the .meta and .eit with Notepad++ but it is not practical and I cannot correct everything.

For the network configuration, it's better since it memorizes 1 LAN configuration and 1 WAN configuration but I haven't managed to keep 2 LAN configurations. I haven't tried for the WAN. I think it will be the same thing. It's a bit of a shame because I often move my Ultimo and I have to change the network configuration.

But I have the same problem as in 8.3, when the WAN is deactivated, it's always a real pain to reactivate it (see my message https://forums.openp...ork-parameters/).

When memorizing the config, it displayed incorrect values ​​in secondary DNS in the lower part of the screen. I struggled without success trying to type other values ​​in DNS in the upper part but the wrong value came back when I typed 0.0.0.0 again. However today there is nothing. Weird.

For the EPG with the blue button, I no longer have access to the menu, you have to go to the plugin menu. A little confusing :unsure:  ;)  .

With the second Ultimo 4K which is in 8.0, installing 9.0 lost the harddisk network share and when I do a backup with Backupsuite, it tells me in red that there is an error. I reloaded version 8.0 and I will check later.

Thank you :)  .

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 3 August 2024 - 16:11

As for the network stuff: I don't know if all the latest changes are already in 9.0, of if some are still in develop for 9.1.

In develop it does write fixed DNS entries to the correct interface in /etc/network/interfaces, depending on what interface you have selected.

You can't rely on what is displayed below, as the data for that display is global, and that can become quite a mess with multiple interfaces with different DNS settings. I don't think that has been looked at, you're the first with such a complicated setup ;).

No idea about backupsuite, I never use it ( there is never a need to make a full backup, reinstalling a new image with autobackup is quicker and cleaner ) and autobackup will restore all mounts defined in the network mount menu.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 3 August 2024 - 17:56

Maybe to add:

could you describe exactly what your requirements are, and why you have those? That will help if you want a developer to look into it... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #4 catastrofus

• 3,475 posts

+43
Good

Posted 3 August 2024 - 19:23

I tested this (fullbackup) on my Ultimo4k this evening, running NB, and it works as expected. I normally never use it because autobackup is the way to go.

No idea about backupsuite, I never use it ( there is never a need to make a full backup, reinstalling a new image with autobackup is quicker and cleaner ) and autobackup will restore all mounts defined in the network mount menu.

2 x ultimo4k (dvb-c fbc + 1 dvb-s2, 9.0r/nb) + een et10k/osmini ((nb) geen tuners en dus fallbackclient, nb) met een Synology ds214+ (2 x 6 TB) op DSM 7.1.1 in ziggo oost (voormalig @Home) + A1/A2/A3/HB (TechniSat)

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #5 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 3 August 2024 - 20:59

The full backup allows me to restore a complete configuration. I don't need it often but it happened to me that an update or an installation crashed, or that a manipulation broke the system or to find elements that I had modified in the previous version... So I find it very practical.

For the Ultimo 1 which went from 8.3 to 9.0, the Backupsuite worked well.

For the Ultimo 2 which went from 8.0 to 9.0, the backup displays an error message. So I reloaded the 8.0 saved with Backupsuite, reinstalled 9.0 and the backup still displayed an error message. So I went back to 8.0 while waiting to see what can disrupt the system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With version 9.0, it's annoying that the filename of .stream videos is no longer displayed in the movie selection screen.

It would be convenient the installation of a new version also keep files in //VUULTIMO4K/root/home/root.

It would be convenient to keep several network configurations for LAN and WAN because I take my Ultimo in different houses. For WAN, we already have the name of the Wifi signal transmitter, If the name of the LAN signal transmitter was added, it would be possible to keep several configurations.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can play around with different versions of the interface file ;) .

Thank you :)

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 3 August 2024 - 23:02

You'll have to come with more than "an error message"... ;)

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 3 August 2024 - 23:08

With version 9.0, it's annoying that the filename of .stream videos is no longer displayed in the movie selection screen.

There is a configuration setting "Hide known extensions", the extension ".stream" has been added to that.

Playable media is playable media, who cares if it is a .ts, .mp4 or .stream file?

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #8 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2024 - 10:01

I didn't understand your answer or my explanation wasn't clear. I'm attaching a screenshot where we can see that the name of 2 videos is not displayed while it did in 8.3 although it wasn't as "pretty" as with a .ts file.

In 8.3 it would have displayed:
20240803 2151 - La grille Moto.stream
20240803 2156 - Débrief Moto.stream

Attached Files

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #9 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2024 - 10:03

And I shall do another installation for the Ultimo 2 and launch again Backupsuite.

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 4 August 2024 - 10:06

I didn't understand your answer or my explanation wasn't clear. I'm attaching a screenshot where we can see that the name of 2 videos is not displayed while it did in 8.3 although it wasn't as "pretty" as with a .ts file.

In 8.3 it would have displayed:
20240803 2151 - La grille Moto.stream
20240803 2156 - Débrief Moto.stream

There is really nothing in OpenPLi that removes entire names from display. Unless the filenames are not valid UTF-8 ( which wasn't such a problem in older images, they would just display the wrong characters ).

So I suggest you check that.

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #11 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2024 - 10:24

In version 9.0, it takes the name (= the title of the video) that is indicated in the .meta file. But this line is empty. In 8.0 it takes the name of the video file.

The title is indicated in the 2nd line of the .meta file if you open it with Notepad++.

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 4 August 2024 - 10:45

If that exists, yes. Where do those .meta come from? How did you record it? With 8.3 or with 9.0? How can a meta file have data in 8.3 and not in 9.0, it doesn't magically disappear?

I have plenty of .stream files here, and none of them have an emtpty .meta file...

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #13 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2024 - 12:59

WW, the meta file is not empty, it is the title of the movie that is stored in the meta file that is not filled in. It was the same in 8.3 but it took the name of the video file (20240803 2156 - Moto Debrief.stream for example).

In the Actions Menu for files, you can change the name, in fact the title, which is therefore empty for stream files. In 9.3, when you type a title, then this title is displayed in the video selection window but I would have to retest in 8.3 because it seems to me that filling in the title did not work. It did not search in the meta file, which it does now in 9.0.

I do not know how this title is filled in the meta file. Is it created by a Pli program when the file is created?

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 4 August 2024 - 13:13

The meta file is created when the recording starts, from information in the EIT. And the EIT comes from the EPG or from NOW/NEXT.

Is the .eit file there, and does that contain the correct name?

I can't reproduce it, this is a stream that was recording this morning on my box:

# cat 20240804_0655_-_SKY_PREMIERE_-_PARALLEL.eit 

&�n@�Meng	ParallelN�eng�Grief-stricken after the loss of her child, Vanessa mysteriously finds herself navigating between parallel spaces. Thrilling sci-fi drama. (2024)(85 mins)

# cat 20240804_0655_-_SKY_PREMIERE_-_PARALLEL.stream.meta 
4097:0:19:1785:7EE:2:11A0000:0:0:0::Sky Premiere
Parallel
Grief-stricken after the loss of her child, Vanessa mysteriously finds herself navigating between parallel spaces. Thrilling sci-fi drama. (2024)(85 mins)

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #15 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2024 - 13:43

There is not often the eit file. But I have a way of recording a little particular. As programming a streaming recording in advance is very problematic because as soon as there is a defect, the recording stops. So I record the replay. In fact when I program the recording of the current replay, it downloads the file very very quickly. Maybe that's why there is rarely the eit file.

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 4 August 2024 - 14:35

If there is no EIT file, there is no EPG data, so there is no programme title. Problem found.

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #17 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2024 - 15:07

If you write the title in the meta file which is always here, it's good ;)  .

Do you know another eit editor other than edEIT (it can't open eit stream files) ?

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,799 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 4 August 2024 - 16:39

You can't write something that isn't there? If there is no EPG, there is no EIT, and there no title and nothing to write?

Do you know another eit editor other than edEIT (it can't open eit stream files) ?

No, never needed to edit one.

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #19 Pike_Bishop

• 1,140 posts

+74
Good

Posted 4 August 2024 - 18:15

here no problems with edEIT-1.6.2 it's a good eit editor, i have been using it for many years without any problems.

but i know a second eit editor with name EiTitor i attach a zip file thereto but I don't find it as good as edEIT and I don't know if it runs in win10/11

regards

Pike

Attached Files

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: Minor issues with installing Pli 9.0 #20 sjlouis

• 1,570 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 5 August 2024 - 11:10

WW, don't get mad, it's just that the operation has changed between 8.3 and 9.0 regarding the display of videos. With 8.3, even if there is no eit file, it displays something, see the first screenshot below whereas with the same files, it does not display a title with 9.0, see the second screenshot.

And when you use the application to rename the file, it will write this title in the meta file, a title which then appears in the video selection screen.

So I would like there to be a behavior similar to that of 8.3 so that in the absence of an eit file, it displays the name of the file. In addition, as the title is always (?) identical to the final part of the file name which gives the name of the show, you just have to rename the file to remove the date and keep only the name of the show and keep only the name of the show, see the 3rd screenshot.

Here is WW :) .

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users