• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,814 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2024 - 19:46

Because my advanced age, declining health, and the reduced available that introduces, we are looking for someone willing to help us as

Webmaster

The PLi Association, the legal entity behind OpenPLi, has a quarter rack in use in colocation in the UK, with our sponsor FlexCoders Ltd.

Besides a dedicated buildserver farm, we use a SuperMicro server running VMWare ESXi, which runs all our services in virtual machines.

Our sponsor provides us with managed hosting services on our servers. The manage and monitor both ESXi and all virtual machines, both at OS and application level, and are in charge of security.

They also provide a CDN which is used to make our images and updates available for download.

Application wise it is our responsibility, something that I had the sole responsibility for in recent years, and I can't keep up anymore ;).

In more detail, we have a:

• Wordpress website with custom development for image downloads
  • Invision Community Forum website, met custom developed plugins
  • Gitlab EE server ( gitlab repositories, mattermost online chat )
  • NFS NAS ( ssd + sata, OE build trees, uploads, source cache, etc )
  • Download distribution ( de upstream server for the CDN )

What do we expect from a webmaster?

• trustworthly and reliable
  • sufficient spare time available for the job, ideally on a daily basis (doesn't need to be hours, just to make sure urgent issues are dealt with quickly )
  • good communicator and a team player
  • PHP development skills ( because of the maintenance of all custom code, and the replacement of wordpress by a custom application )
  • experience with MariaDB  / MySQL
  • able to communicate in English
  • affinity ( i.e. a user of ) with the "product", OpenPLi

Activities:

• daily management of the website, wiki and forum ( for example software updates, communication with suppliers, etc )
  • daily follow-up of the online services mailboxes ( webmaster, forum, gdpr, etc )
  • maintenance and development of custom functionality developed in PHP
  • interaction with our managed hosting company ( for example with issues or about support tickets, OS upgrades, new server installations, etc )

What is on offer?

• Eternal glory ! ( just kidding, but users will be happy with the service )
  • You'll be part of a good technical team, and an opportunity to learn new skills
  • Mattermost, our internal chat and meeting service, for direct access to other team members
  • A yearly day out ( in the Netherlands ), with lots of food, drink and technical discussions ( and more drink ;) ), on us.

Ready for a new challenge? Send me a PM so we can discuss it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users