Photo

is it really a protection ? (parental control)

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #21 dhwz

• 227 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:43

@Dima73

Still as i download the list to dreamboxedit and i forgot to unhide the bouquet that's hidden something goes wrong.
After putting it back on the box and unhide the bouquet again there comes a listing of N/A which is the bouquet.
It's empty.

After doing that ,i can't download it again to dreamboxedit because of an error "failed to download bouquet..... from dreambox"
I have to remove the bouquet from "bouquets.tv" in order to download it again.

After creating a new bouquet in dreamboxedit it looks like it is working again ,and also i can hide it again.

It's no problem for me, but what happens if you update the bouquet list online?

ps don't really no if it's your work but it also disappears in the webif ,what was meant for me. :D

Thats your own fault ;)
This plugin removes the entire bouquet from the enigma2 bouquet list, its not just hiding it!
If you don't want to lose these bouquets you have to disable the "remove unused bouquets on upload" in the FTP window of dreamboxEDIT. :P

It would be a better solution if the plugin would restore the bouquet file itself, but it doesn't.

Edited by dhwz, 10 May 2012 - 10:48.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #22 korsan

• 404 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:37

@Dima73

Still as i download the list to dreamboxedit and i forgot to unhide the bouquet that's hidden something goes wrong.
After putting it back on the box and unhide the bouquet again there comes a listing of N/A which is the bouquet.
It's empty.

After doing that ,i can't download it again to dreamboxedit because of an error "failed to download bouquet..... from dreambox"
I have to remove the bouquet from "bouquets.tv" in order to download it again.

After creating a new bouquet in dreamboxedit it looks like it is working again ,and also i can hide it again.

It's no problem for me, but what happens if you update the bouquet list online?

ps don't really no if it's your work but it also disappears in the webif ,what was meant for me. :D

Thats your own fault ;)
This plugin removes the entire bouquet from the enigma2 bouquet list, its not just hiding it!
If you don't want to lose these bouquets you have to disable the "remove unused bouquets on upload" in the FTP window of dreamboxEDIT. :P

It would be a better solution if the plugin would restore the bouquet file itself, but it doesn't.

The hidden channels and bouquets are saved in etc/enigma2/hidelist file...
These come back when you choose unhide.

Edited by korsan, 10 May 2012 - 11:38.

H9.Twin  :::  H9.2H :::  H9.S ::: HD1265 ::: H2H :::::::::: WaveFrontier T90: 1W, 3, 7, 13, 16, 19, 23, 28, 42E ::::::::::

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #23 dhwz

• 227 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:46

The hidden channels and bouquets are saved in etc/enigma2/hidelist file...
These come back when you choose unhide.

No they do not if the original bouquet file has been deleted. ;)
That is the problem which Meega described.

Edited by dhwz, 10 May 2012 - 11:49.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #24 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,021 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2012 - 18:11

dreamboxEDIT...
Remove unused bouquets -No

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #25 dhwz

• 227 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 11 May 2012 - 20:32

dreamboxEDIT...
Remove unused bouquets -No

Yes thats what I've said before. :)

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #26 doggone1

• 23 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:35

How do you apply the .diff patch thanks

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #27 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 February 2015 - 13:24

I was using this plugin without any problems.

However, recently I am having some problems like; when I choose hide the protected bouquets, it does not hide them,

instead it moves all the protected bouquets to the begining of the bouquets list and hides the channels inside.

But empty protected bouquets are still on the bouquet list.

Then, when I choose unhide, the protected bouquets moves to the bottom with all the channels in.

Does anyone have the same problem?

How can we solve this?

Thanks...

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #28 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2015 - 13:35

Then you have unlinked bouquets instead of really hiding them..... When you really want to hide bouquets 512 needs to be added to the flags... The plugin could/should be altered to that instead of working around and hide bouquets by not linking to them,....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #29 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2015 - 21:31

Which plugin?

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #30 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:14

Which plugin?

bouquetprotection plugin.

Everything was fine before. However, I am having some problems.

I first activate this plugin then choose the bouquets I want to hide and using menu key I choose "add to bouquet protection" then

on menu if I choose " lock protected bouquets", the protected bouquets disappear on the list until you choose " unlock protected bouquets" on the menu.

However, recently when I choose " unlock protected bouquets" the protected bouquets do not disappear on the list instead hides all the channels inside the bouquets and moves them to the beginning of the bouquets list.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks...

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #31 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2015 - 14:07

What the plugin most likely does is not hide bouquets.... but remove its link in bouquets.tv/radio instead.... Then with loaded unlinked bouquets will move them back. You can disable the load unlinked bouquets -or- contact the author of this 'hacky' plugin so it really can hide userbouquets (by using 519 instead of 7 in the bouquet reference)...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #32 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2015 - 14:53

Thanks.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #33 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2015 - 15:38

I removed two protected bouquets from bouquets.tv at etc/enigma2 and the protected bouquets gone. Instead two empty "n/a" bouquets appeared.

So it did not work.

I do not know whether you mentioned this or not.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #34 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2015 - 16:04

Then you still have the links in bouquets.tv (or .radio)....

You shoud replace the 7 in the service reference by 519.... That is all...

It could be considered to add in enigma2 some code that add a flag to the service reference when they are in the blacklist while reading the blacklist, so we have a quickflag to check for parental control.... I even would prefer to get rid of the blacklist completely and use flags.... This for speed and simplicity... But when I make something like this settings editors should also adjust... so somehow the complete parental control is made not ideal and we get somehow stuck with that fact...

Edited by littlesat, 19 February 2015 - 16:30.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #35 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2015 - 17:13

I removed two protected bouquets from bouquets.tv at etc/enigma2 and the protected bouquets gone. Instead two empty "n/a" bouquets appeared.

So it did not work.

I do not know whether you mentioned this or not.

The whole reason you are having these problems is because you are editing the settings files manually rather than using the tools provided in the GUI.

Edited by Huevos, 19 February 2015 - 17:14.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #36 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2015 - 17:34

It could be considered to add in enigma2 some code that add a flag to the service reference when they are in the blacklist while reading the blacklist, so we have a quickflag to check for parental control.... I even would prefer to get rid of the blacklist completely and use flags.... This for speed and simplicity... But when I make something like this settings editors should also adjust... so somehow the complete parental control is made not ideal and we get somehow stuck with that fact...

Yes, I still have the links in bouquets.tv.

Can you explain how replace the 7 in the service reference by 519?

Thanks.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #37 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2015 - 17:44

With a text editor -or- by rewriting a part of that plugin.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #38 cenko

• 91 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2015 - 17:54

Thank you vey much littlesat, replacing the 7 in the service reference by 519 solved the problem.

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #39 korsan

• 404 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2015 - 00:14

Unfortunately the bouquetsprotection plugin does not work anymore with the latest Openpli.

And I saw the Parental Control has now more options than before, but there is no option to hide blacklisted channels in channelselection.

H9.Twin  :::  H9.2H :::  H9.S ::: HD1265 ::: H2H :::::::::: WaveFrontier T90: 1W, 3, 7, 13, 16, 19, 23, 28, 42E ::::::::::

Re: is it really a protection ? (parental control) #40 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2015 - 00:18

Then you have to recheck te options.... There is an option now to hide protected channels.... And in the channelselection context menu you have an option to unhide them.... But you must set remember pin for e.g. An hour to be able to see this option.

Blacklisted user bouquets are not hiden (yet). But i suggest it better to hid these channels within normal lists...

Edited by littlesat, 25 March 2015 - 00:22.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users