• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

Re: TBS 5925 #21 stpierre

• 19 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2016 - 14:51

Hi,

4T2 Content Analyser is a comprehensive MPEG-2 Transport Stream analyser supporting DVB, ATSC, ISDB, and DVB T2-MI extensions.

TV = Solo4K 2xDVB-S2 (FBC) + 2xDVB-T2 + TBS5925
Tuner A = Multisat Indoor Home Made 10 LNB 52°e > 5°w-Tuner B = Fibo 90cm USALS = 68°e > 45°w

Re: TBS 5925 #22 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 15 February 2016 - 14:56

Very interesting read!

So using this USB tuner, is it possible to watch the following on an Enigma2 box?

- VCM / ACM / Multi Input Stream

- 16APSK / 32APSK

Edited by Robinson, 15 February 2016 - 14:56.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: TBS 5925 #23 el bandido

• 364 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2016 - 16:10

Test Image using TBS 5925:

16APSk = Confirmed.
32 APSK = Able to lock a 32APSK transponder found using EBS Pro. (Have yet to find a 32APSK picture to confirm.)
Fully operational on C and Ku bands = Yes
VCM / ACM / Multi Input Stream = Unknown. Will try and check these when possible.

Sensitivity = Testing shows or suggests Better than the Duo2 internal double tuners.
Signal stability = Better than internal Duo2 double tuners
Channel Zap time = Similar to internal tuners unless a channel is tuned with no signal. ( I see similar issues with my other usb tuners)

Comments:
Hardly know the tuner is there once installed except for an increase in capability and performance. Have not seen any problems or interference when 3 other usb tuners are installed (Sundtek). TBS 5925 does not cause any problems or have any issues under normal usage in my system.

Wish List:
At some point in the future, Blindscan would be nice. (W_Scan Or ???)

Re: TBS 5925 #24 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 15 February 2016 - 20:18

Have been testing the images provided by Athoik too, and I can tune perfectly to All RAI channels at Eutelsat 5 West.

I can tune to 9 french HD channels at 12648 V. too.

The ones I can't tune to are Mediaset channels. (12669 H. - 2 streams, 12627 H. - 2 Streams, 12606 V, - 2 Streams, 12585 H. - 2 Streams)

Does anybody tune them ? Are they using T2-MI mode ?

According to FlySat and KingOfSat they aren't.

These channels are not T2-MI, there are "regular" MIS channels like the rest of this satellite, however they require at least 11.2db for lock and 12.2db for the channels to store and be watchable! Still, they seem to be a little easier to lock on pc (I have lock and picture there with 11.9db). On my VuDuo I managed to get the channels on my list but they don't play! They give SID not found in PAT!

Please check if you can get them on your PC and with what signal and if the same signal is enough to get them on your STB! Otherwise we have to report to TBS for the linux driver!

I have 10.2-10.5 dB on that signals.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: TBS 5925 #25 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 15 February 2016 - 21:21

Update to testing! After extensive reseach on the Mediaset MIS reception between my card and my VUDUO I can see that tuning to the Mediaset channels is not a signal problem, at least not in my case. With 11.2db my PC manages to lock and scan all Mediaset transponders normally whereas on VuDuo there is signal and lock but no scan. Certainly the signal is marginal (so signal may be the case for this modulation sometimes but not here), but it's enough for stable reception. So we either have to report this to TBS or see if there is any parametre missing required especially for Mediaset.

On my EBS pro I can see that Mediaset is not as instant to tune and scan as RAI and TNT. More specifically I have to select the MIS ID twice in order for the TSanalyzer to work and scan the stream for channels. I also notice that unlike RAI (and maybe TNT) the Input Stream Synchronizer (ISSY) operation mode has to be set to ON (this is done automatically on EBS pro) otherwise there is no scan although there is signal!

If anyone uses the TBS card on a linux OS (I have Windows) and can confirm the issue, so be it, but it's funny that only Mediaset has this problem.

I wonder how that one time my TBS managed to get the channels on my VuDuo....

Now some more testing, please check too and confirm!

- Extensive zapping between MIS frequencies sometimes results to no audio/video or picture breakup. This happens more frequently while switching between Zeonbud 12188 and 12341 on 4.8E. The problem occurs more often on 12341 where I sometimes have slow menu response and freezing to spinner to no response. I have to restart for everything to come back to normal.

- The same freezing occurs while decoding some BISS channels using oscam, the channel appears as the frequency has low signal and the menu freezes. Switching to CCcam brings the receiver to normal. I have this problem on MBC international on 26E and on RRpromo2 on 30W. Switching to another channel brings the STB to normal as well.

- On 30W I have a slow framerate picture on the promo channel YOMVI when selecting the secondary audio, when switching to spanish the picture comes back to normal.

Of course the last two mentioned are not about MIS reception but they do occur only while using TBS. If anyone can try for themselves to see if they can reproduce these problems, it would be great.

Edited by glamourservices, 15 February 2016 - 21:24.

Re: TBS 5925 #26 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:16

More update!

Seems the only cases where MIS tuning on a linux environment fails are between channels that require the ISSY (Input Stream Synchronization Indicator) function in order to scan and download. Now, normally this should happen automatically, as it does on PC with Crazyscan or EBS pro etc but it looks like it's a problem on enigma2, and it seems like a linux driver issue rather than a signal issue or anything else. The only case with ISSY that works is the French HD channels on 5W, however zapping between the different MIS IDs results to no picture/audio while all other indicators (widescreen, bitrate, HD etc) on the infobar load normally. You have to tune to a normal channel and zap back for the picture to come through.

In Mediaset's case (12585H, 12606V, 12627H, 12669H) the signal is locked perfectly but no channels get scanned, except once for 12669. I kept the channels on my list but PAT keeps failing.

Here's an example scanning 12606V on 5W through the satfinder

In the first screenshot you can see that this frequency is locked perfectly with 0 ber and the ample signal of 12.7db, significantly non-marginal! Ignore the background picture, it's from the previously tuned channel!

12606_V_satfinder.jpg

However scanning both IDs result to no channels found!
12606_V_scan_fail.jpg

Now, on non ISSY required MIS like RAI or Persidera on 12.5W the channels tune and scan fine and no picture loss/freeze when zapping between them at all! I haven't yet checked if Mediaset on 13E requires ISSY, will soon!

So please check the above

- Zapping between different MIS IDs of the same transponder

- Zapping between different MIS IDs on different transponders (ie 12188H and 12341H on 4.8E), if picture freezes or even the STB gets slowed down

- Scanning Mediaset on 5W on various signal ratings, especially higher than mine, we have to make sure it's not a signal issue, although I'm almost certain as these channels work fine on PC with the same signal or even lower.

This information is vital in order to try and rectify the problem! The more we report, the sooner we might get a full implementation right on enigma2!

Edited by glamourservices, 20 February 2016 - 03:17.

Re: TBS 5925 #27 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 21 February 2016 - 00:18

I confirm that Mediaset Channels @ 5 W, do appear when scanning on win10 PC with EBSpro.

So, that's not a signal problem, I have 10 dB at 12669 H.

Attached File  12669H-ebspro.jpg   154.03KB   9 downloads

Edited by jpuigs, 21 February 2016 - 00:22.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: TBS 5925 #28 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:03

So, we should either see if the ISSYI parameter is to blame or report the bug to tbs for the linux driver/firmware! Has anyone tried the Mediaset reception in linux?

Re: TBS 5925 #29 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:15

Just offering up here my observations on the E2 side of things with different hardware.

To tune and view multi-stream channels on 5w I'm using a Spark 7111 STB with the Taapat image installed which is based on Openpli5.

It all works perfectly with both tuning and zapping Mediaset channels, and for that matter the Rai and French MS channels too.

I know these boxes are not usually highly rated but I can't fault it for MS.

This box is so tiny it just sits in my cupboard in standby mode serving it's tuner to my Solo 4K with ViX image installed which zaps just as fast as the inbuilt tuners.

I guess my point is that this E2 works perfectly on this hardware so perhaps the the problem with the 5925 is the drivers and not E2 ?

I would love to add this tuner to my Solo 4K if the issues get fixed.

Attached File  tune.jpg   49.87KB   21 downloads

Re: TBS 5925 #30 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,023 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:33

jakey

request to athoik

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: TBS 5925 #31 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:29

Just offering up here my observations on the E2 side of things with different hardware.

To tune and view multi-stream channels on 5w I'm using a Spark 7111 STB with the Taapat image installed which is based on Openpli5.

It all works perfectly with both tuning and zapping Mediaset channels, and for that matter the Rai and French MS channels too.

I know these boxes are not usually highly rated but I can't fault it for MS.

This box is so tiny it just sits in my cupboard in standby mode serving it's tuner to my Solo 4K with ViX image installed which zaps just as fast as the inbuilt tuners.

I guess my point is that this E2 works perfectly on this hardware so perhaps the the problem with the 5925 is the drivers and not E2 ?

I would love to add this tuner to my Solo 4K if the issues get fixed.

attachicon.giftune.jpg

Thank you so much, this is invaluable information! Has Spark the SVT090x tuner built-in?

Re: TBS 5925 #32 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2016 - 13:40

Yes, check my screenshot above :)

Re: TBS 5925 #33 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2016 - 20:48

Hi,

I had successfuly enabled TBS drivers on vuduo, vuduo2, vusolo4k, et10000.

The main TBS patch is from those patches:

https://patchwork.li...rg/patch/23244/
https://patchwork.li...rg/patch/23243/
https://patchwork.li...rg/patch/23242/

They are additionally two more patches from crazycat (https://bitbucket.or...nux-tbs-drivers), the one enables PLS and the other enables proper SNR display.

Here is the push for et10000: https://github.com/X...a-xtrend/pull/5

Here is the push for vuduo, vuduo2, vusolo4k: https://github.com/v...-vuplus/pull/12

Of course the are many other boxes to enable TBS drivers but the start was done! Now community can take over and enable support for TBS drivers for other boxes too. ;)

/////////////////////////////////

The other part is the multistream again thanks to crazycat (you rock!) and @taapat for his fulan fork with MIS/PLS.

I was able to grab all required changes and many more changes performed, several GS solved, etc etc.

Here is my Enigma2 multistream branch that has almost*** everything you need.

Here you can see all the changes made and finaly if you like to get a patch for it here is the patch.

*** Almost, because Mediaset at 5W is not working, don't know why and I don't even have the hardware to test!

Special thanks goes to glamourservices and other testers, thanks for your patience. I hope community to make it beter and get the best of those cards.

Regarding the T2-MI, there is a project called Astra SM and it has already support decapsulating T2-MI, I wasn't able to decapsulate T2-MI from TS dump, maybe someone else has the time to make it.

https://gitlab.com/berdyansk/astra-sm
https://gitlab.com/b...c/mpegts/t2mi.c

Regarding the Blindscan support of TBS cards, it is possible, although further patches required.

This might be a good start: http://www.tbsdtv.co...start=100#p4560 and is very easy to implement.

Here you can find the patches to enable blindscan: https://bitbucket.or...e/v4l-updatelee

(note that it uses capabilities currently not in official DVB API ;))

@@ -4939,7 +5467,10 @@
                .caps                   = FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO |
                                          FE_CAN_FEC_AUTO       |
                                          FE_CAN_QPSK           |
-                                         FE_CAN_2G_MODULATION
+                                         FE_CAN_2G_MODULATION  |
+                             FE_CAN_SPECTRUMSCAN   |
+                             FE_CAN_IQ             |
+                             FE_CAN_BLINDSEARCH
        },

Here you can find Visual program that performs blindscan: https://bitbucket.or...telee/updatedvb
Here you can find Console progream that performs blindscan: http://aaronmcsorley.com/?page_id=91

I really expect that community will make the best from those tuners and soon everything will work prerfect!
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: TBS 5925 #34 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 24 February 2016 - 00:27

I would personally like to thank Athoik for his patience and the endless hours of work he put in! I bought TBS5925 for feedhunting and MIS/PLS and I had it on the back of my head that someday it could be used on enigma2! I'm so grateful he made it happen so soon and I hope more people will be interested as well as manufacturers to produce more enigma2 based receivers with built in MIS/PLS capable tuners!

I also hope and call for all developers to support this effort by coding new enigma2 apps that already run on PC such as crazyscan, blscan etc so that enigma2 and especially on openpli!

Athoik turned my vuduo from a non friendly satfinder receiver (highly problematic signal metering due to drivers) to a master receiver!!!

Edited by glamourservices, 24 February 2016 - 00:28.

Re: TBS 5925 #35 el bandido

• 364 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:15

I would also like to say Thanks to Athoik, crazycat, and all the others who are and will be involved in this project. And I can also say that the introduction of the TBS 5925 to my Duo2 has been the best thing that has been added to it so far!

Re: TBS 5925 #36 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:58

Although I am not an owner of TBS 5925, I would also like to thank athoik for his enormous efforts he put in this project as well as all other improvements for Enigma2 receivers.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: TBS 5925 #37 stpierre

• 19 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:08

I agree with the previous posts to say thank you to athoik, crazycat and others guys who have work on this project !

Sorry for my poor English :)

TV = Solo4K 2xDVB-S2 (FBC) + 2xDVB-T2 + TBS5925
Tuner A = Multisat Indoor Home Made 10 LNB 52°e > 5°w-Tuner B = Fibo 90cm USALS = 68°e > 45°w

Re: TBS 5925 #38 matt33

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 February 2016 - 14:28

For VU+ Ultimo does not image.

Re: TBS 5925 #39 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2016 - 15:55

VU+ Ultimo uses same kernel as Duo, in order to enable TBS it's a matter of adding the line CONFIG_DVB_USB_TBS=m in vuultimo_defconfig.
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: TBS 5925 #40 el bandido

• 364 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:29

Very interesting read!

So using this USB tuner, is it possible to watch the following on an Enigma2 box?

- VCM / ACM / Multi Input Stream

- 16APSK / 32APSK

ACM = Confirmed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users