←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

help for update

mennan's Photo mennan 29 Oct 2015

hi,

When I update openpli4 on vu duo2 , I receive a message as,

Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openpli-vuduo2.            
Not selecting libssl0.9.8 0.9.8x as installing it would break existing dependencies                                                                       
Not selecting libcrypto0.9.8 0.9.8x as installing it would break existing depenencies.                                                                     
Not selecting libtuxtxt32bpp0 2.0+git60+b6c8d5a as installing it would break exsting dependencies.

I recive this message continuously  after any update what is the problem?

sincerely...

goldeneye's Photo goldeneye 29 Oct 2015

Perform a clean flash, not just update... You probably haven't done a clean flash for some time. This is mandatory if kernel changes..

guirigui's Photo guirigui 30 Oct 2015

Hello,

Same for me with ET 6000...

Excepted my last flash is not old..

That appears since one week.... not for ages..

Does that mean deep recent change in the image???

There is been no warning about it..
Edited by guirigui, 30 October 2015 - 14:10.

dog-man's Photo dog-man 1 Nov 2015

Same for me with my vuduo and my image is always up to date.

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 1 Nov 2015

It is cosmetic, nothing to worry about, and it will disappear next time you flash.

Tony il Capo's Photo Tony il Capo 2 Nov 2015

Last time I've tried to update I also saw that "not selecting"... on my Duo2

I made myself an update via flash and restored settings/pugins from backup created with Auto Backup plugin, everything working as before but updated.

On Auto Backup plugin, don't forget to select files/stuff you've changed and you wanna keep after update.

Thanks.

guirigui's Photo guirigui 2 Nov 2015

It is cosmetic, nothing to worry about, and it will disappear next time you flash.

Hello,

OK, but if new flash is needed each time there are "cosmetics" changes.. that's not very nice.. 

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 2 Nov 2015

It's not needed, you can leave it as is. Nobody is saying you MUST flash.

It's only  doesn't do any harm. It's not something we've introduced, it's an issue with the ipkg package manager.

wabe's Photo wabe 24 Nov 2015

Had not reflashed in a long time but did so tonight. Even after the new fresh image I get a message that
libtux cannot be updated in order not to break dependencies

goldeneye's Photo goldeneye 25 Nov 2015

Then you didn't flash but performed an update which is someting different.. You need to download the latest image, place it on a USB stick and perform a flash. This erases all information on your box and performs a clean install. Handy if you make a backup before flashing. Specially the tuner/diseqc/rotor settings and current channellist..

fcs001fcs's Photo fcs001fcs 30 Jan 2016

I have a Vu+ Zero where this issue came up today.

Not selecting libssl0.9.8 0.9.8x as installing it would break existing dependencies                                                                       
Not selecting libcrypto0.9.8 0.9.8x as installing it would break existing depenencies.  

Can it be fixed with the solution in : http://forums.openpl...txt#entry509732 that deletes entries in "/var/lib/opkg/status"

If so, which enties need to be deleted?

Pedro_Newbie's Photo Pedro_Newbie 30 Jan 2016

Beter is this solution: http://forums.openpl...ue/#entry519403

fcs001fcs's Photo fcs001fcs 31 Jan 2016

Beter is this solution: http://forums.openpl...ue/#entry519403

Did not work for me even after a reboot.

I think I installed these as a recommend install for OpenPlLi 4 when installing KodiDirect. Can this be the issue?