←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Vuplus support by open pli

aliak4342's Photo aliak4342 2 Mar 2022

Hello. What does this text written on the open pli site mean? Does that mean the vuplus team no longer has support? Will open pli 9 also come for vuplus?

I mean this post

Attached Files

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 2 Mar 2022

It means exactly what it says. Not more, not less.

It means exactly what it says. Not more, not less.

OK. We hope that vuplus will update itself and be able to use the pli team.that's a pity

At the moment VU+ can't produce any hardware anymore, as the SoC supplier has stopped production for the OEM market, and their competitors are not present in the high-end market VU+ is building for.

Dreambox will have the same problem, as their DM920 is using the same chipsets. Same for Gigablue (Quad 4K / UE 4K ).

mimisiku's Photo mimisiku 2 Mar 2022

Market is changing from Broadcom to Armlogic/HiSilicon… Armlogic/HiSilicon=Huawei! has mo FBC tuners (yet). But it’s becoming less of a problem as providers throw you back to 1973 with their embedded cards and/or CI+. Sat is rapidly on the decline…

The hardware is there, Broadcom has no problem providing Humax with SoC's with FBC support for the Sky-Q boxes. It almost smells like market manipulation...

littlesat's Photo littlesat 2 Mar 2022

Another method to gain security…

mimisiku's Photo mimisiku 2 Mar 2022

The hardware is there, Broadcom has no problem providing Humax with SoC's with FBC support for the Sky-Q boxes. It almost smells like market manipulation...

They have withdrawn from the consumer market… B2B is another matter (bulk sales, fixed (large) amounts,….

aliak4342's Photo aliak4342 3 Mar 2022

But this is not a reason why our Broadcoms are no longer supported, either by vu plus or by you! I still do not know if the pli team needs a vuplus update? Because the sources are different

Frenske's Photo Frenske 3 Mar 2022

Some of the most important things we expect from each manufacturer is to show commitment, quickly update our BSP if there are new drivers, and last but not least respond to requests to resolve certain specific technical issues. And if the latter, after several attempts undertaken by different parties, still does not happen, then it stops for us. Vuplus no longer responds to anything. So game over regarding the communication with Vu+. As long as the build succeeds then we keep on building Vu+ images. We won’t let our users down because apparently vuplus appeared no longer interested in developing / improving their software for its own users. In particular, this was about the implementation of CI+ which required Vu+'s input. Unfortunately, zero response.

FRAP's Photo FRAP 3 Mar 2022

Hello, it turns out that your feed is no longer available for duo2? I mean that there are no more plugins from the download menu?

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 3 Mar 2022

Nothing is offline.

No problem downloading the package index, in this case for the Duo 2 machine feed for 8.1 release: http://downloads.ope...uo2/Packages.gz

ricki's Photo ricki 3 Mar 2022

I flashed my DM8000 today

I hade trubbel today with download got "no plugins to download"

solved with   opkg update && opkg upgrade

Edited by ricki, 3 March 2022 - 17:57.

root@vuduo2:~# opkg update && opkg upgrade
Collected errors:
 * opkg_lock: Could not lock /run/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
root@vuduo2:~# 

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 3 Mar 2022

/run directory gone?

Where can I see this directory?

when I go to the box via ftp, I see the run folder

Tech's Photo Tech 3 Mar 2022

in /run it's in the root 

Tech's Photo Tech 3 Mar 2022

root@vuduo2:~# opkg update && opkg upgrade
Collected errors:
 * opkg_lock: Could not lock /run/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
root@vuduo2:~# 

If you run

ls -l /run | grep lock

do you get something like this?

root@vuduo4kse:/# ls -l /run | grep lock

drwxrwxrwt    3 root     root            80 Jan  1  1970 lock