Dreambox crashes on new skin

DM600

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Re: Dreambox crashes on new skin #21 heere

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:16

If you flash a DM600 image, all your settings are set to default. Is that what you mean?

what I meant is that? Like my phone Asus P535, if anything goes wrong with it I just press 2-3 buttons during boot it would be HARD RESET

or in windows deleting/creating new profiles of the current user could solve setting problems too.

so forth I expect in Linux embedded machine, there should be some certain commands wipe-out the profiles and settings, so that it can re-configure like newly installed

Re: Dreambox crashes on new skin #22 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:52

If you flash a DM600 image, all your settings are set to default. Is that what you mean?

what I meant is that? Like my phone Asus P535, if anything goes wrong with it I just press 2-3 buttons during boot it would be HARD RESET

or in windows deleting/creating new profiles of the current user could solve setting problems too.

so forth I expect in Linux embedded machine, there should be some certain commands wipe-out the profiles and settings, so that it can re-configure like newly installed

There is a factory reset in Dreambox settings/system settings/factory reset. Some boxes, like the DM7000, can factory reset by pressing buttons during startup. The DM600 only has a power button though.

Re: Dreambox crashes on new skin #23 heere

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2009 - 13:15

Tray the attached Dreamenum, and stop the Box in Bootloader "pressing power button while plug power in for 3 seconds". The box will stop booting and the red and green led are lightened all time.
After that you can see the box in dreamup and you can flash it using ethernet.

I would try tonite

Re: Dreambox crashes on new skin #24 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2009 - 13:48

Ah no, you should enable networking in dreamUP and then reflash as normal with dreamUP

A factory reset is here in the wiki >> E1SystemReset << but make sure you back up your data first.

Posted Image
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Dreambox crashes on new skin #25 heere

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2009 - 14:12

Hi,
after backtracking my process during copying the skin files, I found a file name default.esml, so I deleted it, and it is finally working fine now
I can watch TV programs with my db.
BUT serious issue still exist, I cannot go to web interface for flashing new image.
Any help Please!
haven't tried with dreamUp yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM600

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users