VU+DUO

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 28 February 2010 - 20:38

I have a VU+ duo with latest openpli (28/02/2010). There is a problem in correct irdeto CHID detection. It affects both CCcam and mgcamd. For example, in channel ALTER of the greek Netmed package on Hotbird 13, CCcam or mgcamd only see CHID 0013 and 0063, where the same softcams in DM800 can see all four CHIDs, 0013, 0014, 0016 and 0063. The CHID that works with my subscription with this channel is 0014, thus it can't be decoded with VU+ HD Duo.

Haven't yet tried original VU+ image to see if the problem exists there too. I guess there might be some bug in PMT handling.

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #2 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2010 - 20:44

chids are not in parsed from pmt.
would be interesting to know whether this is something caused by us somehow, to be honest I don't think so.

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #3 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 28 February 2010 - 20:49

Where does CHID detection occur? I thought it was in CA descriptor or PMT.

I'll try to test tomorrow with original VU image. This is really critical to irdeto subscription users, so I would like to be able to give a fully detailed bug description to VU, if it is a problem of their drivers (demuxer, pid filter maybe?)

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #4 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2010 - 21:17

I suggest you try dvbsnoop on the ecm pid, and check whether you see all chids, what could happen perhaps is that all chids are delivered (by the drivers) as a single section.

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #5 DemMan

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 February 2010 - 22:06

I'm also having the problem that not all channels on my Irdeto card is decoded by the Vu+ Duo, but they are on my DM800. Both using CCCAM, and the same settings.

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,360 posts

+692
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2010 - 09:30

There is a setting in CCcam.cfg (try all chid or something like that).

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #7 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 1 March 2010 - 11:55

There is a setting in CCcam.cfg (try all chid or something like that).

The problem is that CCcam or mgcamd cannot "read" all CHIDs from the ecm pid. If they could read it, then this option would work (mgcamd doesn't need such an option, already tries all chids).

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,360 posts

+692
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2010 - 12:12

Malakudi,

How did you verify that not all CHIDs are read by CCcam/Mgcamd?

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #9 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 1 March 2010 - 12:17

I suggest you try dvbsnoop on the ecm pid, and check whether you see all chids, what could happen perhaps is that all chids are delivered (by the drivers) as a single section.

So, the CHID detection comes from ECM PID data? And different CHIDs should be different packets in ecm pid data?

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #10 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 1 March 2010 - 12:26

Malakudi,

How did you verify that not all CHIDs are read by CCcam/Mgcamd?

From the output log of both softcams. When running in DM800, you can see in the log of cccam that it reads four CHIDs. When running in VU+, it shows only two. mgcamd does't show a list of all CHIDs, but it tries one after another till it gets a correct CW. In VU+ it tries only the two CHIDs that are also shown by cccam. In DM800 tries all four CHIDs.

I can send debug logs if needed. I also sent this bug report at sales @ vuplus . com (haven't found any other address)

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #11 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2010 - 13:14

So, the CHID detection comes from ECM PID data? And different CHIDs should be different packets in ecm pid data?

yes, have a look at the dvbsnoop output, that should make things clear I guess

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #12 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 1 March 2010 - 15:11

yes, have a look at the dvbsnoop output, that should make things clear I guess

OK, I grabbed packets from the ECM pid 1520 (channel ANT-1 of Nova package at 13E) on both DM800 and VU+. This channels shows six CHIDs in DM800 and only two in VU+. It seems that VU+ skips packets. DM800 got 100 packets in nine seconds. VU+ got 100 packets in 26 seconds. By examining captured data, VU+ gets only one packet every three packets while DM800 gets all six packets. And this is happening again and again. It is always the same two packets (1st and 4th in the log) that are received in both receivers.

I am attaching the two dvbsnoop logs.

Attached Files

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #13 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2010 - 15:14

indeed, 800 gets 13, 14, 16, 28, 59
where the vu gets 13,28, so it's missing a few.
The sections are not combined, but probably dropped.

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #14 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 1 March 2010 - 15:23

indeed, 800 gets 13, 14, 16, 28, 59
where the vu gets 13,28, so it's missing a few.
The sections are not combined, but probably dropped.

Yes, that seems to be happening, vu drops or skips packets.

I emailed all these details at sales @ vuplus . com. Is there any other contact information of VU+ developers to send them these bug reports?

I haven't yet checked with VU+ original image but I guess this is a dvb driver problem.

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #15 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 1 March 2010 - 18:31

I reported the problem to vuplus-support.com forum. I tried VTI image 0.4 which has the previous version of drivers (before the 25.02.2010 release) and with that dvbsnoop delivers the same data as does DM800, thus decoding on mentioned channels works ok with my legal subscription (I keep specifying about legal subscription because non-legal card clones of my provider can decode every possible CHID, so people with such cards don't have problem).

Which is the last openpli snapshot with the old driver set?

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #16 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2010 - 18:39

20100225 has the previous drivers

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #17 DemMan

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 March 2010 - 19:45

I tried the 20100225 version, and now all Irdeto channels are decoded. So looks like something is wrong with the new driver set.

DemMan

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #18 rotarum

• 58 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 March 2010 - 22:38

i have same problems with caid 0664 irdeto digiturk !

channelname Ligtv HD !!

with old linux kernel 2.6 before 25.02. working ok, but new linux kernel after 25. cccam says chid error no decode /images/smiley/sad.gif

can you make fix for next nightly build image ??

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #19 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2010 - 22:49

channelname Ligtv HD !!

with old linux kernel 2.6 before 25.02. working ok, but new linux kernel after 25. cccam says chid error no decode /images/smiley/sad.gif

contact vu+ manufacturor about these problems...

Re: Problem with irdeto CHID detection #20 rotarum

• 58 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 March 2010 - 22:53

channelname Ligtv HD !!

contact vu+ manufacturor about these problems...

how can i make a log ?

what do i need for it ??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users