VU+DUO

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dingbat

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2010 - 03:29

Hi,
I received my VU+ Duo a few days ago and I'm very happy with it and the support from Pli.

I was hoping someone here could help me with a problem I've now encountered.

Whats happened is as follows....

I tried flashing with the latest version of Pli.

When I try to use the USB upgrade method, the LCD screen briefly says ' Reading USB Drive' (or something similar). No matter what I do, I cant upgrade in this way.

I then tried upgrading using the VuUtil along with a serial cable. What happened here now has me very stuck. The VuUtil application managed to erase the flash but the box does not appear to be able to communicate over Ethernet. This has left me with an erased flash and no way of installing a new image.

I tried connecting via a terminal over a serial connection but dont get far here either. The terminal output reports the following.......
http://paste-it.net/public/rbb9f89/

The main problem above seems to be ........
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
[url=%3Ca]<a[/url]Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
[url=%3Ca]<a[/url] <0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..

I've tried the original images etc, but the problem persists. To be honest, I may be wrong, but I think it originates from installing Barry Allen. Flashing via USB was fine until I installed BA.

I've ran out of ideas and dont know where to go from here. My new toy is dead for the moment. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
D

Re: Dead VU+ Duo, Cant flash a new image. #2 jakas

• 422 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 2 March 2010 - 08:41

I suggest report this on the VU + forum.

Re: Dead VU+ Duo, Cant flash a new image. #3 dingbat

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2010 - 12:25

Hi Thanks,
I would do if I could find it. I don't see any forum on the vuplus.com.

I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

:EDIT

Found it.

Thanks,
D

Re: Dead VU+ Duo, Cant flash a new image. #4 dingbat

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2010 - 14:26

Problem Solved.

Although Windows7 reported that the USB drive I was using to flash the receiver was formatted in FAT32, it seems there was a problem with it.

Someone asked whether Barry Allen had formatted the USB Drive in EXT3 which hinted at the problem.

I deleted the existing partition on the disk and created a new one which I formatted in FAT32.

I have now managed to successfully flash the receiver. :)

Regards,
D

Re: Dead VU+ Duo, Cant flash a new image. #5 ziggy55

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:29

Thanks for this solution. I will buy a VU this week and I hope to have lots of fun with this reciever.
VU+ duo - clone DM500 HD - multytenne 45twin ex relook 400 - ex kathrein 910 - ex dreambox 7000S&7025+

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users