VU+DUO

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 March 2010 - 15:01

All,

I have enabled parental control on my VU+ and selected channels to block in Dreambox Edit.

All is fine.

Just wondering if there is any way to actually hide the channels when the lock is on.

This is for 2 reasons 1: when you are flicking through channels you can see the adult channels on the list and it doesnt look the best when others see it.

Also when you are doing a channel hop and you get a locked channel you get the password entry screen.

Also whats the function of the blacklist and the whitelist.

D

Re: Parental Control #2 Quinten

• 179 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 March 2010 - 15:51

I too would like to skip it when channel hopping (no need to hide it).

Blacklist = only channels in the blacklist need a pin, the rest is open
Whitelist = only channels in the whitelist can be seen without pin, the rest is blocked (until pin entered)

Awooga!!!
Vu+ Solo 4K [19.2E/23.5E/28.2E]

Vu+ Duo

Re: Parental Control #3 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 March 2010 - 16:50

Thanks for that.

D

Re: Parental Control #4 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 April 2010 - 14:01

All,

Did anyone have any luck with this.

when you are flicking through channels you can see the adult channels on the list and it doesnt look the best when others all the channels listed with 100% babes, Northern Birds, Asian Sluts etc in the channels list.

Having them locked is fine but not seeing them at all is preferable until the parental lock is disabled as when zapping you have to deal with the password popup even though you are only zapping.

Is this the way it works on all images.

Posted Image
D

Re: Parental Control #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2010 - 15:38

All E1 images have the option to hide locked channels, I don't think E2 has this option. I agree, quite annoying if you have kids around...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Parental Control #6 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 April 2010 - 16:09

Is it an openPLI thing or an Enigma2 thing.

Do all images have this issue.

D

Re: Parental Control #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2010 - 16:56

Yes, unless one of the other development teams has made such a feature (I'm not aware of that).

Unfortunately, they violate the open sources rules by keeping the modifications to themselfs, so even if they did, there is no way for us to get the source...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Parental Control #8 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:35

Thanks Wan Wizard.

Is it worth emailing VUPLUS on http://vuplus.com/?page_id=9 .

How is enigma2 managed.

Is the original version in VU+ a modded version of Enigma2 to suit their hardware.
Then is openpli a modded version of original enigma2 with openpli tweaks and updates from openpli and VU+.

Im trying to see where features are added. (Enigma, VU+ or OpenPLi.)

There are a few bits in Enigma1 that were good (this being one) and who decided to leave them out Enigma2 team, VU+ or openPLI.

BTW - Its a sign of a good combination of VU+, Enigma2 and OpenPLi when we are not talking about major stability and reliability issues but on cosmetic issues.

Well Done to all.

Re: Parental Control #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:24

Currently, we still use the mainstream Enigma2, as managed by the Dream Multimedia team. We have decided not to fork (as we did with Enigma1) as long as the code is not stable, to avoid merging nightmares. This also means that for the moment we are reluctant to make major changes to the code, for the same reason.

So, it's the "original" version that runs on all boxes, we just apply patches to it for the PLi specifics.

To answer your question, changes need to be pushed to the original developers (but they hardly accept any third-party changes), or applied to an OpenPLi image thru a patch in our git repository. Until we're ready to fork, after which we can directly modify the code to our liking.

If you have any changes, please provide them in the form of a diff, we will be happy to include them after a quality check...

Re: Parental Control #10 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:01

Excellent reply.

Its good to see how it all comes together.

So VU+ official changes that pli uses are per say patches applied to original enigma2 through the software update..

How does that work for items supported on say DM 8000 that are not on the VU+ (the LCD from what I read is different).

Are different pli "patches" applied to different boxes but still enigma2.

Re: Parental Control #11 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:09

we use box specific patches, which are used during the automatic builds

so the dm8k patches are only for the dm8k box, vu patches for the vu box etc...

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Parental Control #12 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:10

Having them locked is fine but not seeing them at all is preferable until the parental lock is disabled as when zapping you have to deal with the password popup even though you are only zapping.

Is this the way it works on all images.

Posted Image
D

ONLY for the E1 boxes as stated before

Re: Parental Control #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2010 - 17:11

Yes.

But I agree with dfdream that this is a much needed (and often requested, even back in the 7025 days) feature for E2! I know you don't have nosy kids, but my 10 year old is quite curious. ;)

And with the 'hide' feature, we also need the menu option to enter the lock code. Now, E2 prompts for the parental lock code when you zap to a channel that is locked. Which is no longer possible when it is hidden...

Re: Parental Control #14 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2010 - 17:41

maybe the VU team can help us out ;)

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users