VU+DUO

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CescoAiel

• 213 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2010 - 21:55

I realize this is not strictly a PLi image question, but I couldn't find the answer, and since I am currently looking at what new tuner to get, I have a few questions on the VU+duo (when running OpenPLi), that will be very important (at least to me!) in making a decision:[list=1]
[*]If I am watching TV on the box, and my partner decides to stream a different channel, will it automatically use the other tuner, or will the TV output be changed?
[*]If I am streaming TV on the box, and my partner decides to stream a different channel, will it automatically use the other tuner, or will my stream be changed?
[*]If I am recording on the box, and my partner decides to stream a different channel, will it automatically use the other tuner, or will the recording be changed/stopped?
[*]If I am watching TV on the box and a recording starts, will it automatically use the other tuner, or will the TV output be changed?
[*]What will happen if I am watching TV on one tuner, recording on the 2nd and my partner decides to stream a different channel?[/list]
And finally:
I share my CDS card (I am talking IN-HOUSE, local-LAN sharing here!) in my 600 with my 500+ using CCcam. I will probably be moving the 600 and 500+ to the kids (so I can finally get rid of Ziggo cable) for now, so they can continue to watch the few channels they watch on their own TVs.
Can I just move my CDS card to the VU+duo and use it to share the card (using CCcam) with the 600 and 500+ instead?

-- WaveFrontier T90 with LNBs on 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E & 28.2E, 17/12 dedicated GSO switch (Sharing the sat signal with the neigbours!)

-- Canal Digitaal DVB-S2[x]: 1x Vu+ Duo 4k (FBC Dual), 1x Xpeed LX S2 (dead-ish), 1x ET-9000 (unused and not updated for ages)

-- Ziggo DVB-C: 1x Vu+ Duo 4k (FBC)

Re: Slightly OT: Streaming & Viewing... #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2010 - 07:00

1. automatically use the other tuner
2. automatically use the other tuner
3. automatically use the other tuner
4. automatically use the other tuner
5. If there are not enough free tuners, the "viewing" channel will be changed.
finally: Yes.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Slightly OT: Streaming & Viewing... #3 CescoAiel

• 213 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 1 April 2010 - 07:43

TYVM!

Looks like there's a VU+duo in my immediate future! ;)
(The only advantage the 8000 has in my view is the possibility to have more tuners in the single box, but since I will need at least 1 more box further down the road, that point is moot!)

-- WaveFrontier T90 with LNBs on 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E & 28.2E, 17/12 dedicated GSO switch (Sharing the sat signal with the neigbours!)

-- Canal Digitaal DVB-S2[x]: 1x Vu+ Duo 4k (FBC Dual), 1x Xpeed LX S2 (dead-ish), 1x ET-9000 (unused and not updated for ages)

-- Ziggo DVB-C: 1x Vu+ Duo 4k (FBC)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users