VU +DUO buy

VU+DUO

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 snake007uk

• 77 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 May 2010 - 16:46

I just wanted an idea of the level of support for the VU +DUO box. I already have a dm800hd, and I was thinking of getting this as second box. Are there any issues compared to the DM800HD? with openpli? missing features etc....

Or does it work exactly the same and the same level of support?

Thanks for the advice.

Re: VU +DUO buy #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2010 - 17:20

the VU+ DUO box runs Enigma2 which is simular for the Dreamboxes, it has the same GUI

we develop Enigma2 software, so in practice it can run on any box that support Enigma2 but you have to use the particular bootloaders and drivers for that box

in my opinion, the VU+DUO runs even better then the DM800HD

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: VU +DUO buy #3 updatelee

• 631 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:13

Where does one get the VU Duo ? I havent seen it forsale anywhere.
DM500, DM7000, DM800 Fortec Mercury II, sg2100, winegard 39", invacom qph-031 Toshiba TRX-2220 ku-linear

Re: VU +DUO buy #4 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,409 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:59

Due to 'unknown' reasons the delivery of the VU+ duo is prosponed untill further notice.
I assume the main reason will be the availability of some parts. Which one, I don't know.
I suppose it's the consequence of a successful product. :wink:

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: VU +DUO buy #5 gareth41

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 14:22

Due to 'unknown' reasons the delivery of the VU+ duo is prosponed untill further notice.
I assume the main reason will be the availability of some parts. Which one, I don't know.
I suppose it's the consequence of a successful product. :wink:

Very successful I would say, the DM8000 is over priced hence people go for the Vu Duo which is in direct competition and half the price almost. I have a Vu Duo. Got mine from satfooldeals.com, had to pre order and waited almost a month before it arrived. satboy.com also sell them for a cheaper price, but have only just added them to their catalog in the past couple weeks.

Re: VU +DUO buy #6 Sicilian

• 454 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 16:10

Sat-Shop.co.uk has some coming at the end of May http://www.sat-shop....oduct_info.html

Re: VU +DUO buy #7 jakas

• 422 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 16 May 2010 - 15:28

http://www.hm-sat-sh...ceiver-pvr.html

Re: VU +DUO buy #8 wheelboy

• 22 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2010 - 17:46

i have a vu+ now for 2 weeks .en let me tell u this .when i bught a dm800 2 years ago as one of the first i had all kind of problems.the first series had to send back to dreambox.bootloader problems green screens network problems .now i have a vu+ since 2 weeks it is less expencive as my dm800hd was 2 years ago .it runs smooth and does everything i want to do with it .also when somethings not working its not the box but the one that is operating it .me .all by all i like my vu+ more as my dream .booting goes faster no temperarure problems no booting problems .the vu+ boots faster than my dm800 .the only pro i think of a dreambox is their remote control .but that can be that iam used to the dreambox remote since iam having a dreambox for over 5 years now .also there are diffrent images for the box .but untill now pli is stable for me and runs good without problems
dm800 vu+duo

Re: VU +DUO buy #9 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2010 - 18:05

Maybe, if you used capitals and the right punctuation, someone would really read what you are trying to say....
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: VU +DUO buy #10 gareth41

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:52

I took the time to read it, and would agree the DM800 is absolute crp compared to the vuduo, I ended up selling mine, had over heating problems, slow to boot, not to mention the DVI video quality was poor. Comparing pics of a DM800 clone to a genuine, the clone appeared better built, also had a heatsink on the broadcom chip unlike the genuine unit.

Re: VU +DUO buy #11 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:56

contact our PLi sponsors if you whant to buy a VU or Dreambox STB and help us creating OpenSource software for you!

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: VU +DUO buy #12 snake007uk

• 77 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:24

Can you give the details for your sponsors in the UK?

Re: VU +DUO buy #13 jakas

• 422 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:47

http://www.satbytes.nl/

Re: VU +DUO buy #14 updatelee

• 631 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2010 - 16:40

I dont see it forsale on their webpage

Re: VU +DUO buy #15 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2010 - 16:46

I dont see it forsale on their webpage

you can always contact them via email: info [a] satbytes [dot] nl

or our other sponsor www [dot] hebasat [dot] nl: http://www.hebasat.n...ceiver-pvr.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users