Can't watch 2nd channel when recording.

VU+DUO

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 imspecial

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2010 - 00:36

For some reason when I am recording a channel I am unable to watch another.

I have a single lnb with one cable going to tuner A. Tuner A is set to "advanced" where the the lnb and everything else is set up.

Tuner B is set to "loopthrough to" Tuner A.

For example, when I record a channel on vertical, all of the horizontal channels are grayed out which is what I would expect. However when switching to a highlighted vertical channel it won't work.

The VU is has no local cards, only a share to a server on my LAN.

The thing is, if I change the channel to a FTA one then the pic works. So I thought maybe I need to create two logins on the VU and the server to watch two different encrypted channels. However I tried this and it didn't work either.

In the customize section, I have tried preferred tuner A and also auto.

Re: Can't watch 2nd channel when recording. #2 jedpod

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:13

Unfortunately for you it is this way - the only solution is to use second dish / converter or twin converter (which is the case for me - such converter is connected to box via 2 separate wires). Only with these you can use both tuners independently. With single converter you are limited to the transponder which is used for recording.

Re: Can't watch 2nd channel when recording. #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,681 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:31

You should be able to watch everything on the same orbital position and with the same polarisation with the second tuner. So switching to a highlighted channel should work unless you use a softcam that doesn't support multiple streams.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Can't watch 2nd channel when recording. #4 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:35

The thing is, if I change the channel to a FTA one then the pic works. So I thought maybe I need to create two logins on the VU and the server to watch two different encrypted channels. However I tried this and it didn't work either.

Apparently, your CAM is to blame. Which are you using?

Re: Can't watch 2nd channel when recording. #5 imspecial

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:00

You should be able to watch everything on the same orbital position and with the same polarisation with the second tuner. So switching to a highlighted channel should work unless you use a softcam that doesn't support multiple streams.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

I'm using an older version of cccam 1.71. I have been able to view other encrypted channels on the same polarity before, so I just want to confirm, if it is settings related or cam related.

Re: Can't watch 2nd channel when recording. #6 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:13

With single converter you are limited to the transponder which is used for recording.

actually, it's not quite true ;),
you can watch/record simultaneously channels from two transponders (but from the same polarisation (H/V) and band: Hi (freq.10,7-11,7GHz) or Lo(11,7-12,75GHz) at the same time with one converter and tuner B connected through a loop...
rgrds

Re: Can't watch 2nd channel when recording. #7 imspecial

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:38

Well that was the problem. CCcam 1.71 is no good for dual tuners. Mgcamd 1.31 works fine /images/smiley/smile.gif

Re: Can't watch 2nd channel when recording. #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:46

Use CCcam 2.1.4 the latest and it should be fine for you. Why do you use such extreme old CCcam??

Re: Can't watch 2nd channel when recording. #9 imspecial

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:51

Because even with emm's turned off later version tend to flood irdeto traffic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users